Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Tall cot for side-carring?

(11 Posts)
Misty9 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:50:21

Does anyone know of any taller than usual cots? We have a divan which with mattress is 62cm high, so the standard cot height of 80cm won't leave enough clearance for the baby when raised to match the bed... Obviously it also needs to be able to have a side removed...

lucy101 Thu 13-Feb-14 02:17:22

The arms reach cosleeper is a fantastic bed and you can get a set of legs which allow you to raise it in 4 increments.

Misty9 Thu 13-Feb-14 13:39:56

Thanks for reply; we're trying to do it as cheaply as possible after forking out for a bednest ds never slept in but I've found cheap cots on kiddicare which are 90cm high. Ordered smile

dats Thu 13-Feb-14 13:54:25

Excellent! We're planning on doing the same - I'm quite surprised by the lack of choice of basic co-sleepers out there and we're a pretty handy household, so a bit of adjustment should be fine. We're thinking about the IKEA Gulliver option - but I know Kiddicare do cheap cots too, so I'd be keen to hear how you get on!

Misty9 Thu 13-Feb-14 14:01:50

I'll let you know dats smile the ikea ones are only 80cm high so were no good for us (and we're nowhere near an ikea), but I know people have definitely used them for co sleeping. The sniglar is even cheaper at £35 smile

It's arriving tomorrow (amazing delivery speed!) and we might try it out at the weekend to see if it fits. Will also have to drill extra holes I expect. But at £40 with half price mattress it's worth a try!

Misty9 Thu 13-Feb-14 14:02:29

Oh, and we're not a remotely handy household... grin

dats Fri 14-Feb-14 00:39:55

Bargain, blimey! Yes please, do keep me posted! We're just finishing up a mammoth DIY sesh, then we can start buying things. Eek! smile

lentilpot Fri 14-Feb-14 11:07:33

Ooh, which kiddicare cot did you go for? We have the same problem!

Misty9 Fri 14-Feb-14 18:09:59

It's the compact one in natural. Arrived today. Amazing delivery service! Will report back whether it stays up with three sides... smile

Misty9 Sat 08-Mar-14 19:34:03

Just to update, the cot came the next day (amazing service!) and I've built it to three sides and seems sturdy enough. The mattress base attaches to the cot ends, so it will work with one side I think.

Yet to drill the extra holes needed to get it to our mattress height, but I think it'll be fine and hopefully done before she arrives in a couple of weeks

Lozmatoz Sun 09-Mar-14 09:03:51

Is it just for when the baby us sleeping in your room? If do, I had a bedside co-sleeper crib. It was hieght adjustable so perfect. Plus there're no bars between you and the baby, so you don't have to sit up to pick baby up. It the best thing we bought! This is the one I have.

m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/troll-bedside-crib-white/p231330995#page_loaded

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now