Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Underbump or overbump work trousers?

(58 Posts)
Misscocopops Wed 12-Feb-14 20:02:04

Hi Ladies,

I know this will probably be more of a personal choice thing but I am needing a pair of maternity work trousers.

I am only 8 weeks gone so at the moment its more massive bloating over bump but I know bloat will soon be bump so just going to get a pair anyway to stay comfy.

So do I order overbump or underbump? Any advice is going to be much appreciated.

Thanks!

FirstLoveMama Wed 12-Feb-14 20:03:20

I had overbump and they were so so comfy! Loved them smile
And they covered your tummy incase your top comes up, I had a very small work shirt to squeeze into! grin

supadupapupascupa Wed 12-Feb-14 20:04:03

i couldn't bear to have anything over my bump. So everything went under smile

Cariad007 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:04:50

I find overbump gives a smoother line under tops.

supadupapupascupa Wed 12-Feb-14 20:05:02

I used bump bands a lot too. Normal trousers undone but held together with a bobble, bump band and normal tshirt type top

ChaffinchOfDoom Wed 12-Feb-14 20:06:20

I got a pair of each, both comfy in different ways, overbump keeps you warmer if your workplace is chilly, underbump quicker going for a wee grin

evelynj Wed 12-Feb-14 20:07:15

overbump deco but at 8 weeks you will just need long tops and a hairband to go round your button so you can wear your normal trousers for a while.

And congratulations ;)

RedCountryRoads Wed 12-Feb-14 20:10:42

I much prefer overbump, they don't dig in as much. smile

mrsbug Wed 12-Feb-14 20:10:47

I wore under bump till about 25 weeks then overbump were comfier later on in pregnancy. For the last few weeks I needed overbump ones in a size bigger.

SweetPea86 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:15:10

Over bump I got under at first every time you bend down there flashing your crack lol and would pull my under wear off. Over bump keep u nice and warm and are much more comfy I guess it depends on the person lol

andadietcoke Wed 12-Feb-14 20:16:53

I got New Look under bump as I could tighten them in at the sides. Even with a twin belly the over the bump ones would never stay up!

Sammie101 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:29:47

I had an underbump pair of work trousers and they were very uncomfy. I didn't have a huge bump, I just looked fat, so the trousers cut across my tummy (because my bump didn't stick out much) and everytime I bent over they dug into my tummy hmm

Wish I had gone for overbump trousers!

Mim78 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:39:40

I have over bump and they look v silly if i try to tuck anything in! Also look scruffy if untucked so hard to choose.

BUT at least there is no bit of tummy showing...

They are old ones from when m and s did maternity though.

Cakebaker35 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:43:20

I went for under bump as anything over my bump just made me so boiling hot I thought I'd pass out!

Mummytobe2014 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:45:51

Over definately for me as alot more comfy

greentshirt Wed 12-Feb-14 21:08:36

Mim why on earth would you be trying to tuck something into over bump trousers?!

I've got a couple of each, the under bump jeans from topshop are great, feel and look like normal jeans, love them! I don't get a line like some people have said, but I favour layers in tops so maybe wouldn't notice.

My over bump ones are from h&m, the pretend waist digs in something wicked and baby doesn't approve, I've had to stop wearing them! They also make me feel like I'm boiling alive.

Over bump leggings are fab, have lived and died in mine!

BlanketSky Wed 12-Feb-14 22:45:11

think it depends how you carry as well, I have no stomach muscles after massive DS so my bump is too low for under bump, and I have to be careful how they're cut or they still dig in!

You might find you'll struggle to get overbump to stay up now, they need something to hold them up ime!

BlanketSky Wed 12-Feb-14 22:46:38

I have an H&M skirt like that green, aggravates PGP as well. Shame as it worked just about ok the first time round!

MummytoMog Thu 13-Feb-14 09:03:41

I always had underbump - could never get overbump ones to stay up and I wasn't a 'dainty' pregnant person, I had a massive fat bump (and a fat arse which may have been the problem). I really liked New Look underbump office trousers, nice and comfy and they're not expensive at all. Combined with belly bands to avoid flashing, they worked perfectly, although I did leap into maternity dresses as soon as humanly possible.

Overbump leggings though. They're awesome.

KimmyKim Thu 13-Feb-14 09:11:33

Certainly depends on how you are carrying in my opinion...

Mothercare have some nice styles at the moment:

Mothercare - Maternity Trousers

Foxeym Thu 13-Feb-14 11:00:46

I preferred over bump as the under bump ones kept falling down

RaRa1988 Thu 13-Feb-14 13:31:45

I've got over-bump ones, but atm (23 weeks) they're still a bit big and I have to wear a belt with them so they don't fall down.... Feel slightly ridiculous, but they are very, very comfortable!

x0gawjus0x Thu 13-Feb-14 13:35:26

I use overbump leggings and trousers, can always fold it down if your feeling in comfy xx

Pixielady83 Thu 13-Feb-14 13:40:35

I preferred overbump for winter and underbump for summer. In late pregnancy both ride down on me though which is annoying...

MissRainbowBrite Thu 13-Feb-14 13:40:56

I had some lovely under bump ones from Next, they were yoga style roll over ones so really comfy but smart enough for work. I wore them right to the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now