Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are you missing this pregnancy?

(57 Posts)
PervyMuskrat Sun 09-Feb-14 12:51:08

I'll preface this by saying that I'm actually really happy to be pregnant (it took a while to get here) and I realise I'm very lucky to be in this position. However I am really missing some things this pregnancy and feel like having a bit of a whinge.

In order of things I am missing the most , right now I'd love

a) Wine. Red. Lots of it
b) A stupidly hot bath, the type that makes you feel a bit faint when you step out of it
c) To go for more than an hour without really needing a wee
d) The ability to read anything even vaguely upsetting without wanting to cry. I feel I'm going to have to spend the rest of the pregnancy in a cultural void.

Anyone else missing things and feel a bit grumpy today? I'm only just in the 2nd trimester so it's not as if I'm in the horribly uncomfortable stage either!

Suzietwo Mon 10-Feb-14 10:22:46

crispy - like you i eat and drink most things including pate. but your post has me wondering why you dont! can you illuminate?

DownstairsMixUp Mon 10-Feb-14 10:29:44

I still have a bit of caffeine but miss vodka, procesco, runny eggs and I really fancy pate on toast! I'm only 10 weeks sad

HotCrossPun Mon 10-Feb-14 10:49:18

I've not been too restrictive with foods, still eat loads of runny eggs, have the odd glass of wine etc.

I've missing being able to move around freely though. I'm 36 weeks and starting to feel really cumbersome and heavy. Also missing sleeping on my back, sex, cocktails and being able to groom my bits without nearly putting my back out grin

DitaVonCreamTeas Mon 10-Feb-14 11:51:50

In no particular order -

Sex (don't fancy it)
Wearing my collection of lovely lingerie
Pate
Brie
Henney's vintage cider
Doing my own pedicures
Hair dye, nail varnish and perfume (I know it should be fine, but I've been keeping away from them)
DH picking me up and squeezing me
Being able to turn over in bed without it being an exercise in advanced logistics

grobagsforever Mon 10-Feb-14 19:44:05

I'm having dippy eggs for dinner :-) Eat and ignore the ill informed NHS..

CrispyFB Thu 13-Feb-14 19:52:39

Suzietwo - (sorry, lost Internet for 2 days, thanks BT, and only just catching up!) - the pate is because of the very high vitamin A content mostly, with the listeria risk a close second.

Mim78 Thu 13-Feb-14 20:02:44

Being able to sit comfortably on a chair. Or lie comfortably in bed. Or lie on my front (usual sleeping position). I'm 38 + 4....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now