Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy AIBU

(14 Posts)
Fairypants Sat 08-Feb-14 11:16:26

I'm currently 8 weeks pg. I have enough ms to make mornings tricky. No vomiting but lots of nausea which starts to fade once ive eaten. We're staying in a hotel for the weekend with lots of people DH knows and yesterday, I figured I can't face trying to look reasonable for the buffet so asked if they can do room service breakfast. They did and this morning was fab. Hardly any sickness and I feel more rested and well than I have for some time. Obviously, I want to do the same again tomorrow.

DH however, prefers to go down to the buffet tomorrow as he enjoys it.

AIBU to insist on room service again tomorrow or should I let him have his choice one day?

vestandknickers Sat 08-Feb-14 11:18:13

Can't DH go down by himself?

Fairypants Sat 08-Feb-14 11:21:17

He could but a) it would look weird to everyone else and raise q's (I really really can't bear for these ppl to suspect at the moment) and b) he'd get stroppy.

SliceOfLime Sat 08-Feb-14 11:22:18

You stay and have room service, he goes down for buffet? If anyone asks he can just say you slept really badly and are just catching up on some sleep.

Tory79 Sat 08-Feb-14 11:22:44

Could you have a small snack in the room to alleviate the nausea then go down to breakfast with dh?

scaevola Sat 08-Feb-14 11:23:16

Can you have enought to eat to settle the nausea early in your room. Then go down with DH and have a light second breakfast whilst he pigs out enjoys everything on the buffet.

SliceOfLime Sat 08-Feb-14 11:23:19

It really wouldn't look weird, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. If he gets stroppy tell him not to be daft! You're pregnant and feel sick, it's just breakfast..,!

vestandknickers Sat 08-Feb-14 11:26:09

He's let you have your choice this morning so I think it's only fair that he gets to go down to the buffet tomorrow. If neither of you thinks he can go down by himself, then you could have a light snack in your room first and then go down.

squizita Sat 08-Feb-14 11:39:22

My DH got up and went to chat with guests in the hotel lobby before me the morning after our wedding! Because I'm lazy and take ages in the shower. Not one eyebrow raised. Really quite normal for couples to go down at different times. Doubt one person going down before the other would raise questions in the slightest, really.

If you're concerned, as others have mentioned, have some biscuits or something in the room and have them before going down, then just have some toast/cereal.

Beccadugs Sat 08-Feb-14 11:42:23

Just inagine lovely room service breakfast in peace!!

I think you are over thinking it a bit, totally normal when you are trying to keep a mega secret. Just mention today that you enjoyed your breakfast in bed so much you're doing it again tomorrow, but the DH has decided he wants to sample the buffet.

Fairypants Sat 08-Feb-14 17:28:36

Ok I get the message, he gets to choose tomorrow.
I think I was just feeling hurt that he put his preference over me feeling sick all morning in front of strangers. Thanks for the advice ladies.

Can't he just say 'oh Fairypants is still in bed lazy mare! She said she's not bothered about breakfast!'

Or similar?

PenguinsDontEatKale Sat 08-Feb-14 18:12:48

It is a pretty minor thing though isn't it? I don't think he's putting his preferences ahead of you. He just wants to go to the buffet with everyone. You don't, but as long as he isn't stroppy about that I don't really see the problem with doing different things.

mel0dy Sat 08-Feb-14 18:23:43

You don't get to choose whether you feel sick or not, don't feel guilty about it, just do what's best for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now