Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The elderberry copter thread #4, for all your hand holding, sausage wanging and burger toning. Entrance criteria: ttc#1 for >12mths, prev berry experience preferable but not essential

(999 Posts)
BlindKitty Mon 03-Feb-14 19:26:17

New home, as requested!

Kitty my new birth centre is run by the same trust so luckily I didn't have to officially swap, just make sure they had a copy of my notes
Hey Charming. I would say follow your intuition regards work, however from somebody who has been off from about that time, it does get boring and it makes it drag a bit. Could you go part time, (even 1/2 a day a week or something) or is that nt an option? Hope you're otherwise ok

Foodylicious Tue 11-Mar-14 20:36:21

Feeling a bit peculiar today, in the back of cab between meetings this afternoon and thought I was suddenly going to be sick, thankfully just as we were about to pull up. Had several dizzy/odd moments today, even been sat down for a few of them.
Checked my BP and temp eventually at work and both were fine, have eaten and drunken well today too so no idea what this is about confused
Having real difficulty concentrating too, its not been great for a while, but today been rubbish. Fed up of feeling incompetent.

Hoping I am just over tired or something & thankfully only at work properly tomorrow, training day on Thursday and then a 3 day weekend.

Nausea has been creeping in a bit again in the mornings and evenings sad

Glad you have spoken to work tally hope it helps!

I am hoping to work until 38 weeks, but we will see, that's 12 weeks away!

Huge boobs are being a bit problematic, pre pg I was 34B, held off for ages, squeezing in to my old bras then bought some 36C when then seemed to have stayed the same size for a while. Well they have grown again, now 'double boobing' in the 36C's so bought a couple of cheap 36D's from ASDA. Needless to say I foolishly did not try them on, got them home took the tags off and realised I should maybe have done for a DD! they are really only just ok, with no room for any more weight gain. Glad they only cost me £4 each, but annoyed that I will have to get some more then will have LOADS of bras that I have no idea when I will fit in again, grrrr.

sorry for no more personals but just cant concentrate & remember what I have just read

Foody take care of yourself, especially if you are feeling dizzy. I can definitely sympathise with the lack of concentration, I have to be extra vigilant when driving now

BlindKitty Tue 11-Mar-14 22:09:17

foody I'm now a 36E!!! Squeezed into an old 34b on sun and still feel sore now!

Guys, washed some baby clothes earlier...felt very surreal!

Tallyra Tue 11-Mar-14 22:25:10

Kitty I'm a bit jealous actually. Mil has taken over the baby clothes washing thing and I've hardly seen them yet - a friend gave them to me ages ago and apart from one session of looking through them mil then took them away!! We need to get baby's room sorted as she has got almost everything over with her and I don't think she's planning on bringing them over til there's space in the room!!!
Hi Charming and Foody grin Sorry to hear the sickness is coming back. It does happen to some I'm afraid (like me. Huh) but very nice to see you here!

Bunnygirlie Tue 11-Mar-14 22:38:28

36E?!?!? Holy crap! I wonder if I will be the first ever pg woman with a massive bump and a flat chest?!?

I may be losing the plot, I was googling ivf baby grows earlier! Crikey it is far too early for clothing!!!

Tallyra Wed 12-Mar-14 05:15:29

Gah. first proper sleepless night. I've got a cold from the girls in the office and for some reason I had a bad hormonal dream filled with people at school and I woke up exhausted from crying in the dream. and all this the day after my boss asked me if I was sleeping through the night ok and I was pretty flippant about the sleeping - just wasn't getting enough. so today is going to be a good one sad .

Tally its shit isn't it?! I've been having some pretty weird dreams too. However I just slept through from 11 which is a first for weeks, I must have passed the crap sleep on to you...sorry. Sick day?

BlindKitty Wed 12-Mar-14 06:14:33

tally I'm not surprised looking at the time you last posted! Are you awake because you're uncomfortable? I've been awake since then but only because I have a naughty cat wanting attention!

Re clothes, I'm sure she's just trying to help with you being poorly but don't let her take over

bunny they don't actually look that big although I have been wearing 2 bras to Zumba

Ivf baby grows???

Tallyra Wed 12-Mar-14 08:16:27

very gassy for some reason so I'm hoping it's just the cold and something I ate. yes, I was quite late to bed last night. looks like I might have to give my quilting group a miss for the next few weeks if it doesn't improve. lie in today because I'm not working, I'm volunteering in town at ten, so I managed a couple more hours of dozing.

Sorry, I'm a bit me me me today. xxxx

Brodicea Wed 12-Mar-14 08:42:16

Boo foody and tally with the feeling rough - I'm taking today off from my volunteering as I have a hacking cough (have asthma so being extra careful). Resting on the sofa, dozing, while being pummelled by 'million dollar baby'

Tally did you get your pool sorted? Hope you're feeling better soon

And you Brod

Tallyra Wed 12-Mar-14 15:29:59

No pool yet, want dh to help by rearranging living room so I can see which size to order.
I'm back now from my volunteering and almost wish I'd stayed at home. It was only drinking coke most of the day that kept me feeling ok, although I do love where I volunteer. Now going to crash on the sofa.

The only shoes that fit me at the moment are flip flops, uggs and running shoes. I'm out for dinner and either choose cold feet, hot feet or looking like a weird pregnant jogger
grin

Tallyra Wed 12-Mar-14 18:48:54

I'd go with the jogger option. pregnant women are allowed to be weird grin

BlindKitty Wed 12-Mar-14 20:04:57

merk I vote flip flops! It's not that cold! Noticed my feet were fatter than usual earlier grr..

tally very jealous of your h

Bunnygirlie Wed 12-Mar-14 20:09:11

Hi all. Been out all day at a work hospitality thing and I am exhausted, whoever said this pregnancy thing was meant to be fun was crazy!

Hope you are feeling better tally

kitty baby grows with slogans like - made with love and a little bit of science or i'm an ICSI pixie smile I know I'm crazy!

Just realised I have an appointment tomorrow and will see the girl who had ivf that failed about a week after me, am now dreading it sad

BlindKitty Wed 12-Mar-14 20:14:30

tally birth. You do realise we all know you'll have Internet though so we'll be expecting hourly updates wink

Was my pregnancy yoga tonight and girl who previously attended came at the end with her babies (twin girls) to tell her story. Was lovely to listen, think boom would have liked it

BlindKitty Wed 12-Mar-14 20:21:32

bunny hopefully she will still be pleased for you. Anyone who's been in this ttc game for a while knows that we don't always get what we want but if she's anything like a berry she'll be happy for you smile

Each to their own re your ivf baby grows! I still get annoyed when people ask 'is she natural', makes me think they're implying she's somehow some less of a person. I'm probably just sensitive about it though!

My latest gripe is people commenting on my bump size. 'Its very big / it's quite small for 7 months'. In my head what I hear is 'that's going to be a horrendous birth' or 'oh she's not growing very well'!!! Rant over, just wish people would keep their flippant comments to themselves!

Brodicea Wed 12-Mar-14 21:40:42

hear hear with the comments kitty - I think people feel the need to say something inane and they just can't help it. Bah.

Tallyra Wed 12-Mar-14 21:46:17

then there's the 'its a boy because of the shape' comments. which to me is a bit funny seeing as I know it's a girl and I'm not telling! grin but everyone feels the need to tell you about their experience.....angry

BlindKitty Wed 12-Mar-14 22:26:03

Can't wait to see the mw just to reassure me she is growing ok!

Just about to slip the pregnancy pillow under the bump but the cat has curled up between me and it. Ah she's too cute to move!

new thread
Thought I'd do the honours as its likely to be my last shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now