Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The elderberry copter thread #4, for all your hand holding, sausage wanging and burger toning. Entrance criteria: ttc#1 for >12mths, prev berry experience preferable but not essential

(999 Posts)
BlindKitty Mon 03-Feb-14 19:26:17

New home, as requested!

Bunnygirlie Sat 08-Mar-14 19:09:40

Thanks ladies, will def take your advice! I was in agony waiting for the transfer and had to have a half wee and even after that the doc said I could have wee'd a bit more!

Mmmmm choccie spread grin

Question, I know stretch marks can't really be stopped but how early did you start moisturising the bump and what do you recommend using?

Foodylicious Sat 08-Mar-14 19:27:46

bunny I use Palmers coco butter, its one of the ones in a bottle, theu have quite a large range. I started pretty early cause I don't have the best skin to start with, Also I am LOVING the Nivea in shower moisturiser, it really is lovely, skin is much softer.
And don't forget to do your boobs too! I also pay a bit more attention to my upper arms and sides/lower back.
I know you can't stop stretch marks, but tight itchy skin is unpleasent and I have put on nearly 10kg so far (eek!!!)

Tallyra Sat 08-Mar-14 19:52:54

I started when the bump got big enough to notice, and I use body shop coconut butter. I haven't got any yet!! I did try palmers, sil gave me her left over bottle, but I didn't like the smell and it made poor allergic dh sneeze!!

MotherOfCleo Sat 08-Mar-14 20:04:42

boom try not to panic, I was dreading a c section and beat myself up for days about needing one, but honestly 4 months down the line and I dont care. My son is here safe and sound and my scar has healed beautifully.

Foodylicious Sat 08-Mar-14 21:30:38

tally you are right, the Palmers does smell weird, almost kind of meaty??!
I will prob switch to some thing else when this runs out. A friend has bought me some 'Mothers' stuff from Neals Yard, its got a plain belly butter in it and a nice massage oil too. All safe for bump.

BlindKitty Sat 08-Mar-14 22:15:27

foody my friend went to her BIL's wedding 4 days after giving birth!!! Think she'd rather not have bothered but her Dh was best man and they only stayed a few hours.

So...have been getting my kit off today for my bump photos! Photographer was very good and made sure no one would come in and didn't look when I didn't have my hands over my boobs, etc. boom are you having yours on tues?

Bunnygirlie Sat 08-Mar-14 22:36:48

Oooh kitty nudey pics! Wasn't it weird?

Not sure about the meaty lotion lol. I do have tons of lotions, is it ok to use anything?

Am I weird, my boobs aren't sore or growing or anything?!?!?

Tallyra Sat 08-Mar-14 22:48:30

nothing happened physically with me for ages, I wouldn't worry!

BlearyeyedLol Sun 09-Mar-14 01:25:44

Erm merk where are you?!!! It's technically Sunday and you've been quiet!!
Just wondering grin

BlindKitty Sun 09-Mar-14 07:00:22

Hmm merk IS a bit quiet actually...it's almost 7.00!

bunny no, surprisingly not! Although I'm not massively uncomfortable with nudity tbh. I kept my knickers on and covered my boobs anyway.

Sorry no exciting news. Actually managed to sleep quite well though. A few twinges/pains overnight but nothing more. Damnit, I was seriously hoping to be cuddling mini Merk this morn!

Thunderpantsarego Sun 09-Mar-14 08:42:35

Oo kitty well done with the photos! When do you get to see them?

bunny, everyone's different and each pregnancy is different too so I don't think there is a 'weird' she says ducking from lol who has known her too long and knows that she is weird

Still got time for minimerk to appear today....!

Feeling tired and rough here again. Quelle surprise. <slumps onto couch of crabbiness>

BlindKitty Sun 09-Mar-14 08:58:35

merk it's only 9.00...

thunder I've seen them. Bought 6 (at a small fortune but hey our kid won't want to go to uni or anything...)

Thunderpantsarego Sun 09-Mar-14 09:11:08

6 kitty?! Sounds like they came out well. And we don't get to see them do we?? sad

BlindKitty Sun 09-Mar-14 09:19:20

Well I could email them but I can't put them on fb as I could get struck off even though they're not 'sexual' Or anything. We've got some clothed ones as well though, which I'll put up later

BlearyeyedLol Sun 09-Mar-14 09:41:55

Sounds fab kitty!
Oh merk I was hoping your silence meant baby is on the way!
Weird thunder? Are you pregnant then? well I never grin

Thunderpantsarego Sun 09-Mar-14 09:55:45

Pregnant? Me lol? No just an over active cake habit....

Baby still v high here. I look like I'm trying to smuggle a basketball...

Don't leave those labour watch chairs just yet, having some nice regular tightenings round the bottom and front of my bump. Being as I've never had any BH this is a novelty to me!
Thunder if I sit down my bump rests heavily on my thighs and my saggy enormo boobs rest on my bump it truly couldn't get any lower. Baby is also quiet today, moving but not her crazy dancing self!

Thunderpantsarego Sun 09-Mar-14 10:49:02

Sounds like you're ready to go merk....

Maybe not. Invasion of the in laws (I am fuming) means my relaxed, pottering day has gone out of the window and all tightenings have stopped abruptly (as I stomp around swearing to myself!)

Bunnygirlie Sun 09-Mar-14 11:32:28

Thanks tally and thunder I was worried I was weird with no boob symptoms. A lot of the stuff you read says sore boobs is one of the first symptoms so I worry when I don't have it.

Ooh will have to keep an eye on this all day for any possible minimerk news.

I just know we'll have the first berry of the second generation before I get to 12 week scan!

Bunnygirlie Sun 09-Mar-14 11:37:39

Ooh merk that's crappy! Damn in-laws! Do you think they will be the same when you've had the baby?

Foodylicious Sun 09-Mar-14 11:40:16

merk that sounds shit, have they just turned up???
Get DH to tell them to piss off, that you are having what may be your last weekend alone together.
make it clear they are not invited for lunch!

They're here helping to clear out the garden. But it means I can't relax and do my own thing. Plus MIL has just given me the pro epidural lecture which really makes me mad when I'm trying to stay in my positive no fear mindset and prepare for a natural birth. FFS

Foodylicious Sun 09-Mar-14 13:32:45

Grrr merk just Grrr

I always find it a bit amazing how everyone has some information they 'must share' with you about their own or someone else experiences. Even when I have told people I am not interested (in a nice way!) they still have something and say 'oh but I must tell you this though...' or 'I really need to share this though...' I think that sums it up, it is their need to share it, not your need to know.

Anyway, must get out of this pit of a bed have a shower and go but some food for the week!

Am disgustingly still in the pajamas I put on in Friday eveningshock Minging or what?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now