Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can we have another 'stupid things I've cried over' thread please...

(128 Posts)
OnTheRunAndUpTheDuff Sat 01-Feb-14 20:10:32

...because yesterday I cried because we ran out of raisins.

Proper full-on sobbing. I wasn't trying to cook something with them or anything. It wasn't some kind of culinary emergency. I just noticed we had run out.

Can anyone make me feel less pathetic by sharing their own stupid crying stories?

Ta.

bugoven Sat 01-Feb-14 20:26:36

I cried at the bit in Gnomeo and Juliette where tje man throws the flamingo into the shed. I told my friend about it and cried so much I had to tell her in installments.

Also the Ariel washing liquid advert, three seperate liquids, one capsule, moving music...... gets me every time =)

mel0dy Sat 01-Feb-14 20:29:57

Bit my tongue the other day and immediately burst in to tears.

marzipanned Sat 01-Feb-14 20:51:51

Most recently - the team on feet up friday on Radio 1 yesterday played The Circle of Life. I was bawling all over the place. If you'd like me to go back two days, I can give you another one grin

LittleLight82 Sat 01-Feb-14 20:58:31

Started singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" to myself in the car. Made MYSELF cry.

LittleLight82 Sat 01-Feb-14 20:59:23

Started singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" to myself in the car. Made MYSELF cry.

FadBook Sat 01-Feb-14 21:00:44

Lily Allen's song Somewhere only we go (previous Keene). Not only cried in the car but took a wrong turn and was 5 min late with mascara running down my face!

LittleLight82 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:01:21

Oops. Apologies for double post. I'll just go and have a little cry over that.

poorbuthappy Sat 01-Feb-14 21:02:07

I, Robot. Yes honestly. hmm

FadBook Sat 01-Feb-14 21:04:58

I've cried at iRobot poorbuthappy
I cry at random adverts too, like the VW golf one when the dad gives his dd a car blush

maddypearson Sat 01-Feb-14 21:06:11

Went from laughing at stand up comedy on tv to crying hahaha whoops!

Writerwannabe83 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:06:20

I dropped my Creme Egg in the cat's litter tray today.

I had just cleaned the tray out and the egg was still in its wrapper but how could I still eat it? My DH told me the egg would be fine but obviously I said no. I had been so, so, looking forward to it - I was really upset sad

OnTheRunAndUpTheDuff Sat 01-Feb-14 21:07:59

Oh thank god. I'm glad there are people just as pathetic emotional as me.

OnTheRunAndUpTheDuff Sat 01-Feb-14 21:09:06

And grin at the Ariel advert. I've stopped watching tv when there are other people around, it's too humiliating.

Primrose123 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:10:03

DD was 3 days old and I had just come out of hospital. I was feeling very tearful and was sitting in the armchair in my parents' house trying unsuccessfully to breastfeed. My parents' dog was sniffing around me and I was afraid he would jump on DD, so I gently pushed him away with my foot. I then cried all evening because 'I kicked the dog and he'll think I don't love him'.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:12:45

I also cried because I accidentally knocked the ironing board over....

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 01-Feb-14 21:16:13

About half an hour ago. DH asked if I had any spare change, I gave him £2. He said that would get him a drink and a chocolate bar from the vending machine at work tonight. I reminded him a team mate had gone on a baking frenzy today so he probably wouldn't need the chocolate. He (very much jokingly!) asked if I was calling him fat.

Well the idea that my wonderful, loving husband would think that I could ever be mean like that to him just destroyed me. Proper sobbing and wailing fit. I'm welling up now just thinking about it.

In two different pregnancies I have cried in Ikea, both times I wanted a horrible Ikea hot dog, but the que was too long and we needed to leave. Propper hysterical crying each time.

I have cried watching Tracey Beaker, I was inconsolable when an animal in a documentary I was watching died. More ridiculously, I cried when DP asked if I could make him a sandwich as well for lunch.

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 01-Feb-14 21:16:57

writer I would cry at losing my Creme Egg too. And I wouldn't have eaten it after dropping it into the litter tray either.

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 01-Feb-14 21:18:57

Sorry about the multiple posts but HorraceTheOtter has, by name and post, reminded me about last night watching the baby otter being attacked by a crocodile on Wild Brazil that I had recorded. The mummy and daddy otter fought off the croc, I was in absolute bits at the poor wee otter baby being so scared and its parents being so brave sad

PervyMuskrat Sat 01-Feb-14 21:22:59

I cried at the bit in A Knight's Tale where Heath Ledger goes back to see his dad, who is now blind. A Knight's Tale FFS!

Bezzabelle Sat 01-Feb-14 21:52:05

I cried earlier when watching cars with ds when lightening McQueen helps 'the king' over the finishing line and says "it's just an empty cup"!! I've watched this film a thousand times!

BEEwitched Sat 01-Feb-14 22:13:57

I've had three complete and utter sobbing breakdowns today - and I cannot even remember why! I know it wasn't anything important - I know I cried this afternoon because I has in a low mood and DH hugged me. I almost clobbered him. hmm

MrsCharlieD Sat 01-Feb-14 22:57:38

My cat hasn't come home all day and I've been crying all evening about it. I also cried because i ate too many chocolate digestives and i felt really bad about it x

I asked my Dad to pick up two. Otters of NON ALCOHOLIC koppaberg pear cider as he was going to the shop.

He bought the alcoholic one.

I held it together in his presence but I was beside myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now