Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody else just found out they are PG with their first after TTC 12 months plus?!?

(187 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Fri 31-Jan-14 11:23:22

Hiya, I had a positive test last weekend and looking for some ladies in the same situation to share symptoms and worries with.

time2deal Fri 07-Feb-14 14:37:15

Bunny I'll be 8 weeks. Which is probably a good length of time really - enough to be sure you'll see something, but not as long as 12 weeks.

I think we have similar symptoms. Main one is fatigue, and constant yawning, but also random twingey pains when getting up. I'm going to do my last digi tomorrow and hopefully see the magic 3+ appear to give me comfort.

Hatteras Fri 07-Feb-14 15:10:47

Sorry bunny, didn't want to alarm anyone about 6 week scan! I am probably a bit OTT on being informed about all the possible scenarios, just to prepare myself.

Fell asleep on the sofa at 7.30 pm last night after a not especially tiring day.

Are your early scans at the IVF clinic? Mine are, I think they may do another scan at 8 weeks then at that point, all being well, they 'release' you to the normal maternity unit. I think I have got a bit institutionalized, I really like my IVF clinic and the staff there ( probably because I have been there so much!), I feel like I may miss them!

Bunnygirlie Fri 07-Feb-14 18:08:44

time yep I wish my scan was a bit later to see more. Oh gosh I can't stop yawning!!! Feeling sick now too sad

Ooh shall I try another test tomorrow and see how dark it is!

hat don't worry I'm sure we'll see something. They will confirm that something or something's shock are in there which is more than 'normal' pregnancies get.
Yep early scan at my local FC, the EC and ET were at the main one in Oxford so had quite a journey for that!

time2deal Sat 08-Feb-14 18:36:07

Hey ladies. Did another cbd this morning, but still showing 2-3 weeks. Boooo... But not worrying. How is everyone else going?

On this horrible day I've spent most of it in bed!

Bunnygirlie Sun 09-Feb-14 10:26:55

Feeling so rotten, it's like a constant hangover nausea, not fun!

Started brown spotting last night too so been googling lots!

Roll on tomorrow for scan!

Hatteras Sun 09-Feb-14 14:29:54

Hi ladies, hope you are having a relaxing Sunday.

I spent yesterday on a course in a ridiculously hot stuffy lecture hall. Actually felt nauseous for most of the day, which was a bit reassuring, but may have just been because the room was so hot!

time, I haven't used a digi test but would imagine that they aren't going to be totally exact. Are you going to try one again?

bunny, good luck for the scan tomorrow, exciting stuff! I know it's not easy to not worry but brown spotting seens to be pretty common and not the sign of anything sinister.

time2deal Mon 10-Feb-14 19:04:34

Well an eventful day for me today. I had real trouble sleeping last night, and had a deep down pain that wasn't too bad, but I knew wasn't in a great place. Woke up this morning and all pain gone, but lots of blood.

Dark red blood on the sheets, and still bleeding. Shock! I was oddly ok with it, just sad it was back to where we were before.

But, thankfully it then eased off quickly. I called 111 and they told me to go to the GP. Saw him about 10, and they sent me straight to the local EPU. I'm 5+5 and saw a sac and yolk on the scan, although no baby. From what google tells me that is normal, and the sac was the right size and in the right place.

They couldn't really tell me if everything was ok. She said bleeding isn't normal, but it's not uncommon either. I'm going back next Wednesday for another scan when I will be at the very start of week 7. If I make it that far, and see a heartbeat, then the chances improve a lot.

God - what a stress! I took the day off work and was completely knackered so slept on the sofa for the afternoon. In a way it was good to see that there was something there, and I'm happy I'll get a scan next week. Another new hospital for me - I could start writing reviews. smile

Hatteras Mon 10-Feb-14 19:53:08

oh time what an eventful day indeed thanks .That must have been incredibly frightening to wake up to, but it sounds as though the scan went well which is good news. Fingers and everything else crossed for you. This early part is such a worrying period isn't it? It doesn't help that time just seems to drag as we wait for scans. Glad you had the day off, hope you took it easy: magic formula of sofa + nap + tv+ snacks.

I have my scan on Thursday, so just waiting for that.

Hatteras Mon 10-Feb-14 19:53:34

bunny, how did it go today? Hope all went well and you could see baby bunny.

Bunnygirlie Mon 10-Feb-14 20:29:54

Oh time how scary for you, really hoping that this is one of those horrid things that turns out to be nothing.

It feels odd going from that to my news. Thanks for asking, scan went well thanks. Saw a tiny little flashing blob which was amazing.

Nurse calculated I'm 6+4 which is weird since 6 and half weeks ago I hadn't even had my last period lol. It was calculated on EC date.

Hatteras Mon 10-Feb-14 20:48:36

fantastic news bunny - it must have been amazing to see that little flashing blob! The dating thing is weird isn't it, the whole being 'pregnant' even before egg collection/ovulation.

resipsa Mon 10-Feb-14 22:21:58

Just popping on to say hello. Glad you're all doing well. You ex-egg buddies have started a real trend - at least 2 more to join v soon! God, I hope it's me come early April grin.

time2deal Tue 11-Feb-14 07:26:55

Bunny don't feel bad about good news! I hope I have the same news next week. I'm not feeling very pregnant today though. Not as tired, but I guess I've not felt many symptoms all along really. I did before my bfp but I think that was mostly stress really.

Onwards we go.

resipsa Tue 11-Feb-14 16:50:05

Time - I missed your post somehow. Sorry if mine seemed insensitive. Hope you are OK.

time2deal Tue 11-Feb-14 18:42:08

No worries resp! I wouldn't have thought a thing of you didn't mention it. I feel all fine today, pleased to have another day under my belt. 6 weeks tomorrow. smile

Bunnygirlie Tue 11-Feb-14 19:41:11

Keeping everything crossed for you time

Good to see you res send them over when they're ready and join us in April yourself grin

So FC discharged me and I need to register with local midwife - scary!!!!!

Hatteras Tue 11-Feb-14 20:08:03

Hey res, thanks for popping over and hope to see you and a load of egg buddies over here for good very soon. I have been lurking over on the egg buddy thread to see how everyone is doing, but don't have much to say at the moment. To be honest, I still feel a bit of a fraud to be here on a pregnancy thread, I spent so long over on the conception threads.

I'm exactly 6 days today, scan in 2 days and getting really nervous. I keep remembering the horrible scan that revealed a MMC. It was a year and a half ago but I can just remember it all so clearly and I'm so scared the same thing will happen again. I keep reminding myself that even though the risk of early miscarriage is quite high, the odds are in my favour and I can't do anything other than just try and relax/be positive.

I have symptoms that come and go, but today I feel really great and not in the least pregnant..although must remember I was up to pee three times last night, felt slightly nauseous and boobs felt a bit sore. When I had the MMC, I had pretty bad nausea that I think had already started by this stage, but then that didn't end well so I need to stop reading so much into symptoms or lack of them. Urgh need to give myself a slap!

bunny being discharged from the FC seems like a big step, but a good one!

time how are you doing? Has the bleeding stopped?

time2deal Tue 11-Feb-14 21:33:58

Yes, bleeding was only on Sunday night. It had stopped by the time I had the scan at lunchtime. I think it wasnt too bad now I have a bit of distance from it. My acupuncturist freaked out today though! She sent me home without treatment and just said to put my feet up.

Exciting to be discharged from the fc! I think I will be discharged at the eight week scan, in a bit over two weeks.

Bunnygirlie Tue 11-Feb-14 21:46:23

hat how did you calculate it? My nurse used the egg collection date! This website calculated the same

http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums/content.php/749-IVF-Due-Date-Calculator-by-Date-of-Transfer-Retrieval-Ovulation-or-Insemination

hat do you need a slap? wink from what I have read every pregnancy is different so you never know, keeping everything crossed for you and time!

time glad to hear the bleeding has stopped.

Hatteras Tue 11-Feb-14 22:09:47

just saw that I wrote '6 days' instead of '6 weeks'...duh! I calculated my dates based on egg collection date too. I tried that link you gave and it says the same thing too, 6 weeks today. Will see what the clinic say on Thursday.

bunny yes I need several slaps grin

time glad to hear that bleeding stopped, here's hoping there is no more.

Hatteras Thu 13-Feb-14 20:18:02

Still around ladies? Hope everyone is doing well.

We had our scan today and saw that little flicker on the screen!! Amazed and relieved and also a bit in shock too. Dr said it has a strong heartbeat...and we are now graduated from the FC and I just go back to my obstetrician with all the other 'normal' (non IVF) pregnant women.

Eek!!!

Bunnygirlie Thu 13-Feb-14 21:37:03

Oh hat that is wicked!!! What did they date you as? I am 7 weeks today apparently.

time how you doing?

Hatteras Thu 13-Feb-14 22:21:04

They dated me as 6w2d, which I think they did based on egg collection date rather than size of the embryo.

Still in shock, and I know it is still early days days, but it is another step closer!

Also started feeling nauseous yesterday, an all day feeling of queasy, rectified only by eating crisps! Also tired and very emotional but that may just be because I was so nervous leading up to this scan. How are you feeling bunny?

TheBuggerlugs Thu 13-Feb-14 22:44:06

<creeps in very gently hoping not to jinx anything>

Hello fellow egg buddies. So this is where you're hiding.

I'll lurk in this lovely quiet corner if it's ok, just until I feel a bit more confident.

<places head in sand>

Hatteras Fri 14-Feb-14 01:28:51

Bugs! So pleased to see you here. It' s exciting and bloody terrifying isn't it? I am finding these early weeks even worse than the 2ww in terms of nerves. Having got this far, there feels more to lose.

I didn't feel ready to leave the egg buddy thread and in no way ready to join ante natal threads, so this is a nice in between place.

When do you have your first scan?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now