Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby's Sex - Was your intuition right??

(68 Posts)
0hana Wed 29-Jan-14 12:23:33

Hi all smile I find out the sex next month and I'm curious at how many of you found that your intuition was right?

angelopal Wed 29-Jan-14 12:26:02

Was wrong. Convinced dc1 was a boy all the way through but was a girl.

Thurlow Wed 29-Jan-14 12:27:23

Yep. Was convinced it was a girl, and it was.

I was absolutely wrong. Twice.

We were pretty sure that DS1 was a boy. When he was born we weren't surprised at all that he was a boy.

With DS2 we found out at the 20 week scan but we had a feeling he was a boy by then anyway, even though the pregnancy was quite different.

That said, my best friend was absolutely convinced her DD was a boy.

We have a 50/50 chance of getting it right!

SaucyJack Wed 29-Jan-14 12:32:09

According to the scan I was totally wrong.......

I'm still not convinced she won't come out with a dingle tho.

curiousgeorgie Wed 29-Jan-14 12:32:37

I was so sure DC1 was a girl I bought pink and referred to my bump as 'she' before I knew... And I was right.

With DC2 I wanted another girl so badly I thought I would never be that lucky so convinced myself it was a boy... And it was a girl! grin

blackteaplease Wed 29-Jan-14 12:34:02

Completly wrong with dd. I was so convinced she would be a boy that I let dh choose the girls name!

0hana Wed 29-Jan-14 12:34:03

Thanks for all the replies, looks like its a bit hit and miss! I have a feeling its a girl. I'm excited to find out and start buying things! Make it seem more real!

SweetPea86 Wed 29-Jan-14 12:39:42

I was convinced I was having a boy so did my hubby and was right but it's only 50/50 chance of being right lol

I just had a gut feeling :D

OldBeanbagz Wed 29-Jan-14 12:40:58

I was proved right both times.

Second time around we'd even bought a baby boy hat two months before we started TTC. I was that convinced i'd have a boy second time around grin

Morgause Wed 29-Jan-14 12:43:26

yes, both times.

Mummytobe2014 Wed 29-Jan-14 12:43:56

Yep said at my thirteen week scan its a boy and it is smile

PeterParkerSays Wed 29-Jan-14 12:45:22

I was right, and so was my dad. We were both convinced that he'd be a boy and he was.

Showy Wed 29-Jan-14 12:46:16

None of the old wives' tales for predicting the sex work but interestingly, the only thing which is consistently more accurate than chance is a woman's intuition. Obviously it isn't foolproof but women are right about their own pregnancies more often than can be statistically attributed to chance alone.

I have a good friend who has never, ever guessed wrong with her own or other women's babies. And people ask her all the time. She isn't woo at all but says she can just 'see' it in people's faces. She has no other propensity to predict or intuit things. She just has an uncanny knack for it.

Spirael Wed 29-Jan-14 12:48:57

Utterly wrong both times. I apparently have no intuition at all!

juneau Wed 29-Jan-14 12:50:14

DH and I were convinced DC1 was a boy (we didn't find out until he was born), and we were right. DC2 I thought was probably another boy, because I felt the same, carried the same, etc. We found out at 24 weeks that he was also a boy.

But you've got a 50/50 chance of guessing right anyway and I know people who've felt the same and had different sexes and felt completely different and had the same again!

0hana Wed 29-Jan-14 12:50:45

I would like to say I trust in my intuition but its not my strongest trait haha! Its interesting how many peoples intuition has been right though!!

ChicaMomma Wed 29-Jan-14 12:52:54

I'll tell you tomorrow, full sure i'm having a boy (not sure if it's just wishful thinking though) and i've got the anomaly scan tomorrow so will find out.

I reckon it's 50/50 at best!
The main reason i think it's a boy is because i was on the paleo diet when we conceived and apparently that's pro male sperm.. who knows though, will report back in 24 hours!

MabelSideswipe Wed 29-Jan-14 12:53:49

I have been wrong 3 times. I obviously have shire intuition.

blacklily3 Wed 29-Jan-14 12:54:05

Hi, we were both convinced with our first it was a girl (and we never picked a boys name as we just couldn't find one we liked that much but picked a girls name, just the one as well and she just suited her name from the moment she was born) and she was :c) This time around we are convinced girl too (and won't find out till she comes) and again we just can not find a boys name we like that much but have already picked a girls name, again really we only have the one girls name too :c) I have only bought unisex stuff though lol

MabelSideswipe Wed 29-Jan-14 12:54:18

Or even shite.

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Wed 29-Jan-14 13:07:16

Was convinced ds1 was a boy - obviously right!
Suspected ds2 was a girl - obviously wrong!

BigW Wed 29-Jan-14 13:11:50

I was right. I really really just knew. I even bought boy things without really realising, it just didn't occur to me that it might be a girl. It was only after he was born that I realised my purchases were a bit boyish. I would have been really really surprised if I'd had a girl.

MillyONaire Wed 29-Jan-14 13:14:35

As wrong as could be grin on both mine....but found out at 22 weeks so was over the shock by both births.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now