Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

4 negative test results, but I FEEL preggo!? Anyone got preg on pill?

(23 Posts)
Madonnaquintessential Tue 28-Jan-14 18:13:00

Hi all,
I am currently in a state of limbo! sad I have been on the pill a couple of months now- taken it correctly,,but I feel preg! I have very sore boobs, a runny nose/ cold and had nausea and fatigue some days too. ..the last time I had boobs so sore I was preggo!
I am not due AF until Thursday... But I have done 4 tests already! 2 ICs and 2 CO-OP ones. All negative. I am aware it is before my period though so is it likely to test negative , even if i am- due to hcg being too low before AF due?
My DH thinks its all in my head, I dunno what to think. Until Thursday or Friday I will wait before testing again.
Anyone else tested negative even though they preggers? If so, when in cycle?
All answers much appreciated! Thanks!

DontCallMeDaughter Tue 28-Jan-14 18:19:48

It would be really unusual to have pregnancy symptoms this early... The egg might not have even implanted yet so your body wouldn't know you're pregnant for the hormones to start giving you symptoms... So they symptoms you're having are most likely red herrings.

That said, you could be pregnant... The pill is only 99% reliable if taken correctly...!

laura0007 Tue 28-Jan-14 18:48:44

I got pregnant on the pill. My little surprise is due next Tuesday!!!

ClearlyMoo Tue 28-Jan-14 19:49:45

I took pill (microgynon) for years for bad periods rather than contraception and experienced all those symptoms at some point when I couldn't poss have been preggo as I wasn't having sex... It could be your bodies way of coping and adjusting since it's only been a few months...

That said, you could be pregnant, but you should wait til the day after AF usually comes to test and often positive tests don't show til one week after that. Patience is only answer I'm afraid!

KitKat1985 Tue 28-Jan-14 20:20:20

Whenever I've started re-taking the pill I often feel a but nauseous and headachey for a quite a few weeks afterwards - I imagine it's just our bodies adjusting to the hormone changes. The pill is about 99% effective if taken properly. If you've missed a pill or two then you're chances of being pregnant are higher. But providing you are taking it properly, the chances of actually being pregnant are very slim. I hope you get the answer you want.

Madonnaquintessential Tue 28-Jan-14 20:26:05

I have been taking properly ... But it said wait 7 days to fully be effective, we waited 6... I know its only a day out...,but still rhis could be it!? Orher than that I have been takung it right. I was on this pill for years , prior to dd- never experienced nausea / sore boobs like rhis! Hmm, I dunno. I guess I will have to wait a week and re- test. I want to be and dont wantcto be. Now isnt ideal, but when is!

Madonnaquintessential Tue 28-Jan-14 20:26:57

Sorry for appaling misspelling! This phone keypad is too small!

Madonnaquintessential Tue 28-Jan-14 20:32:03

Also I am cramping and very snuffly/cold coning ( i never get colds) are these common symptoms in early preg? Im sure i was snuffly with dd's pregnancy...

birdbrain21 Tue 28-Jan-14 20:52:18

Sorry can't help but just interested to see what people say my dd is 9 months and I have been taking the pill since she was 6 weeks. I think I had one period right at the beginning but none since then but then about 3 weeks ago I randomly had some bleeding for a couple of days it was dark brown and very light bleeding compared to pre-birth and since the bleeding I have been feeling very nauseous, extremely tired, moody and my boobs have been a bit achey but I'm breastfeeding so hard to tell what's normal with them. I also keep on getting dizzy spells, and my gums are sensitive which is exactly how I felt the first few months with dd's pg. I'm breastfeeding and on the (mini)pill so it's unlikely but still possible in rare cases to get pg. I got pg within a week of stopping the pill last time so I guess I must be quite fertile. I did a test last week and this week (superdrug own) and both were negative but I feel so rubbish. DH keeps teasing me everything I moan about he says 'pregnancy syptoms' but I'm really confused I feel so pg but both tests said negative. I don't really know if I'm testing at the right times as I haven't had periods for months (but apparently you can ovulate anyway)...
We're not ttc at the moment but I wouldn't be upset if I was pg just wish I would know why I feel like I do!

birdbrain21 Tue 28-Jan-14 20:53:37

I know the pill can cause pg like symptoms but I've been on it for 9 months with no funny symptoms till a few weeks ago and I take it within the same hour everyday (and it has a 12 hour window to take within on the brand I'm on)!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 29-Jan-14 12:00:01

I got PG on Cerazette. I'd been on it for 5 months and took it religiously. I had symptoms and tested positive at 3.5. Sadly I MC an ectopic (which is more common when on the pill apparently) at 7 weeks. PG on the pill does happen though.
It's worth going to the gp if you think you might be.

0hana Wed 29-Jan-14 12:38:25

I got PG on the pill, I took it every day at the exact same time. I tested positive at 6 weeks. I didn't realise until then.

Madonnaquintessential Wed 29-Jan-14 12:49:33

Ta for replies. Last day of pull today until week break for AF... Will see if it comes and if not i shall re test, then docs. I did test AGAIN!? Today ... And it was negative ... So I am prob not. But it is before my period due so ....

birdbrain21 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:18:52

Saggy I'm on cerazette! If I am pg I think it happened about 4/5 weeks ago so if I'm testing negative this long after dtd it must just all be my imagination right?!

Madonna if you know when your period is due your probably gonna have to wait and see if it arrives or not good luck! I haven't had a period for months so don't know when I should be testing I'm on a mini-pill so you take them back-to-back I think I've so convinced myself I'm pg I'm going to be disappointed if I'm not even though I know in my head it's not a good time for another baby at the moment...

Madonnaquintessential Wed 29-Jan-14 14:40:13

Bird i am totallt in same boat! I know it is not a good time... But I have convinced myself now- I will be sad if I am not :/ guess it is the dreaded waiting game. Grr.

Madonnaquintessential Wed 29-Jan-14 16:32:14

Sure there was a faint line hen i checked again!! (Left it in side and forgot to bin, gross - sorry!) but not in th 'test' part, a bit further down...? What does this mean!?

birdbrain21 Wed 29-Jan-14 16:39:56

don't know why a line appeared but they say on th box read results after x mins do not check after y mins so maybe if you leave it too long a line appears anyway even if your not pregnant...

Madonnaquintessential Wed 29-Jan-14 16:52:19

Damn! True! Lol i am going insane! How have i become so obsessed?

birdbrain21 Wed 29-Jan-14 19:11:17

grin I know the feeling every twinge, mood swing or being in the mood for something I don't normally have I keep on thinking I must be pg the test must have been wrong! I keep making mince meat for supper because when I was pg with dd just the thought of it made me feel sick but apart from one night when I did supper in a rush so it didn't come out too well I really haven't felt put of it in fact last night I had seconds...hmm increased appetite another symptom to tick off wink

Madonnaquintessential Wed 29-Jan-14 19:20:54

Lol i will need to know if are Bird! I shall def tell yous all either way smile

birdbrain21 Wed 29-Jan-14 20:00:41

I wish I knew DH can't stop making fun of me! I guess as I don't really know when I would get a period but I'm pretty sure the dtd that it could have happened from was about 4 weeks ago so if I still feel like this in a week I'll go the gp and get them to use a good test (I did pharmacy own) or a blood test and then I'll update smile Can't wait to hear what happens with you!

Madonnaquintessential Wed 29-Jan-14 20:09:35

Hehe... Aww, well men are not always that empathetic! .. Will no doubt being daily updates on here until I get my bfp! I checked boobs tonight, theyre very vainy! Im also very moody... All this could be pmt though...my dh thinks im a loon! Us women are nuts smile

birdbrain21 Tue 04-Feb-14 08:59:30

Hi madonna how you feeling? you got bfp/your af yet?! I have no idea why I've been feeling so weird the last few weeks but woke up tis morning with blood everywhere so I can only assume that despite being on the pill and bf a few times a day my periods have come back. Relieved but dissapointed I'm not pg it's definately not sensible to have another baby yet though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now