Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How much exercise are you doing?

(28 Posts)
HomeIsWhereTheGinIs Tue 21-Jan-14 18:54:29

Well, that's pretty much it really. I'm doing none and eating really badly, both of which stop today. Tomorrow I'll be going swimming at our local pool and I'm going to start eating normally again. But this is my first pregnancy and I'm curious - do you think that swimming twice a week and a pregnancy yoga lesson once a week would be sufficient to keep me in relative health?

Expectingtwins1975 Wed 22-Jan-14 18:22:32

I'm 16+5 and have done hardly any exercise. Only seen the inside of the gym 3 times since becoming pregnant. Before pregnancy used to exercise every day. Feel crap about lack of exercise but just feel horrible and completely knackered most of the time. (Having twins so use that as my excuse!). Starting a pregnancy exercise class next week - hoping it re-motivates me to get off my ever expanding arse.

Incidentally going to do the fit back & bumps exercise classes - anyone ever done them before?

Snowlet Wed 22-Jan-14 18:27:13

I just did all the hoovering, does that count? it bloody well should because I'm knackered! =P

I'm 20+1 and it's mostly walking, I get to the gym for some light weights when I can face the insanity (ie. never after work!)

HomeIsWhereTheGinIs Thu 23-Jan-14 14:13:39

That's really helpful, thank you everyone! I used to be a fitness nut but dropped it about three years ago. So I'm in pretty poor shape. I've signed up for pregnancy yoga next week (and I'm really hoping that it won't be too woo) and I'm going to start swimming again I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now