Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Icandy peach 2 - what do you think?

(22 Posts)
firstimer30s Sat 25-Jan-14 21:06:23

Thanks Blondie, will ring round
Thanks all!

SweetPeaPods Sat 25-Jan-14 20:20:25

We love our peach 2. Would definitely recommend. Only bug bear I have is the price of extras such as footmuffs but the uv cover is great.

Blondie276 Sat 25-Jan-14 20:14:42

First timer I was lucky- we found it on offer in a local baby shop. We got the pram, carrycot, seat and adapters for £650 as it was last seasons colour and after ringing round it was the cheapest i could find. Have a look on the icandy website and it lists stockists as you can't buy it anywhere online- it's part of the agreement icandy have with stockists. Hope that helps !

firstimer30s Wed 22-Jan-14 12:08:07

Blondie and Dusty, did you find it easy to find in the shops and get accessories from etc? I tried John Lewis but can't order it online from them and the sales assistant on the phone said they may not stock it anymore?? She is checking though...

Blondie276 Wed 22-Jan-14 03:17:33

I love mine! Easy to use, v v light to steer and as others have said, I got so that it can covert to double. Well worth it!

Dusty04 Wed 22-Jan-14 02:56:14

I love our icandy peach 2.. Very easy to steer and decent sized basket. It was heavier than some but this is what i liked about it, some other ones felt cheap in comparison.

Misty9 Tue 21-Jan-14 23:03:31

I looked into the city select too but most reviews said it quickly became too heavy once the newborn was older. Hence going for the oyster max

curiousgeorgie Tue 21-Jan-14 22:37:50

The peach 2 is being discontinued?? It only came out earlier this year, didn't it? Or is the Peach Blossom 2 different than the Peach 2...

firstimer30s Tue 21-Jan-14 22:18:52

Thanks MrsS, that's one I hadn't thought of. How is the size of it for the older child?

MrsSpencerReid Tue 21-Jan-14 21:42:32

We have a baby jogger city select, I'm using it with 21m and a newborn, love it. Can be single/double and has lots of options for seat/carrycot/car seat positions. Enjoy pram shopping, it was my fave thing to do when preg grin

firstimer30s Tue 21-Jan-14 21:39:54

Ouch! The peach blossom 2 is pricey! sad
I was thinking of the pear but heard it was smaller?

Misty9 Tue 21-Jan-14 20:50:14

Look at the icandy apple 2 pear as well - it's which best buy I think, and has amazing reviews.

Babymamatobe Tue 21-Jan-14 18:34:41

The Peach 2 is being discontinued, the peach 3 comes out in march/April time and that's the one we're getting :-)

Elliejmulligan Tue 21-Jan-14 16:09:59

I think its a lot of money for just a brand name! U can get ones just as good for a lot cheaper.

laura0007 Tue 21-Jan-14 15:50:47

I have the peach 2 and I love it. The steering is so light and it fits in the boot of my ford ka!

curiousgeorgie Tue 21-Jan-14 15:03:12

I have it as a double for my baby and my 2.5 year old..

( now 3 and 6 months... But still need a double due to long walks and hyper mobility)

It serves its purpose, and I like how I can put a carseat on it facing me while DD faces forward and sees the world, and it has a very small footprint.

It's also got no space for any shopping, is a total bugger at getting up kerbs and took about 4 people to get it down 2 steps.

I can't wait to get rid of it but I did so much research and it literally is the best one on the market on terms of space per child vs footprint and ease of pushing.

Misty9 Tue 21-Jan-14 15:00:26

Another one with the oyster max tandem here smile love how pretty it looks (and that's sooo unlike me!) and can't wait to pick it up and start using it. Can use carrycot or car seat for newborn, and seat unit for older child. My ds will be 2.7 when baby is born, but he's a lazy thing and still naps in the pushchair so we def need a double.

Oyster is also half the price of the icandy...

firstimer30s Tue 21-Jan-14 14:55:49

Thanks! I haven't been able to work out which others do it with space for a newborn. For example, the uppababy has an additional seat you can add on, but not with a carrycot so assume isn't suitable for newborn and toddler?

McBaby Tue 21-Jan-14 10:24:18

I love my I candy peach 2 as a single it is hevier than some but much lighter than some doubles! But it's v easy to steer and v robust. We are converting it so a single in next few months for 20 month old and a new born.

Beanypip Tue 21-Jan-14 10:00:03

the babystyle oyster max can be a single or a double infact there are quite a few out there that do it. we are getting the oyster max for a newborn and a 2 yr old. its no where near as heavy as the icandy and its half the price.

Hi

I have the icandy peach which I LOVE as a single. Brilliant steering, plenty of space for stuff, comfortable for child; really great if you are going to be doing a lot of walking. As a single, even though it is a fairly heavy/sturdy thing, once put together, because of the steering (which is WAY superior to any other buggy I have tried), it feels incredibly light. A friend who has converted to double has also been pleased.

I bought also with the intention of converting once number 2 came along. However, with my second due in 2 weeks time the plan has changed. Number one is almost 2 and a half, and instead we have got a buggy board, and will probably on occasion use the buggy for the babby with toddler standing, and sometimes have baby in sling, generally depending on level of fowl toddler mood...

The other thing I was going to say is I don't know if you already have any kids, but by the time my son got to 2, he uses the buggy for far less as he wants to walk everywhere, and also, the seat on the peach isnt huge.

BTW I got mine on ebay which took the total cost down to about £500 excluding car seat; I definitely think its worth the list price when you see how much others cost, as I do think it's in a league of it's own quality wise, but its definitely worth a look on ebay.

firstimer30s Tue 21-Jan-14 08:03:59

I'm thinking of getting this as it seems to be the only one that can be converted to accommodate both a newborn and an older child?
But it seems so heavy! Anyone had one and recommends/ doesn't?
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now