Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Loads of movement once I eat

(13 Posts)
K8eee Mon 20-Jan-14 11:44:34

Anyone else bump go nuts when you eat? Left it a bit late having breakfast this morning, but by the second mouthful, my little bump was rolling and twitching like no ones business. Anyone else's do this? I'm curious as to know why smile

Imnotsurehowtogetthisout Mon 20-Jan-14 12:34:41

Yes mine too! Especially hot tea or chocolate.

highlove Mon 20-Jan-14 12:39:25

I think it's to do with blood sugar - baby's goes up when you eat, just like yours does.

bebopanddoowop Mon 20-Jan-14 12:53:53

Yes! I just assume it's baby's way of saying 'hey, I have run of your belly, there's no room for more things in here like food' which is why at 28 weeks I'm still sick so often... But actually the blood sugar thing sounds more realistic.

K8eee Mon 20-Jan-14 13:56:09

Blood sugar thing makes sense! Probably doesn't help as well when I've done loads of moving about & hoovered the house top to bottom, sat down and eaten two satsumasgrin

MrsVDB Mon 20-Jan-14 15:33:49

Yes mine does this. Especially sugary things smile

lljkk Mon 20-Jan-14 15:39:06

I was going to say blood sugar rush too!

K8eee Mon 20-Jan-14 15:43:18

I guess it's the equivalent to giving a child smarties, skittles or wotsits grin

RedCountryRoads Mon 20-Jan-14 18:44:09

I'm 19 weeks and when I drink cold Pepsi it goes wild! Its only tiny kicks because of how far gone I am but it becomes a lot faster and a lot more frequent.

K8eee Mon 20-Jan-14 18:45:53

It definitely will red! Mine has an awful habit of kicking me in the arse hmm

Spaghettinetti Tue 21-Jan-14 07:58:41

Same here! I don't think she knew what hit her on Christmas Day!

Thisisfreakingmeout Tue 21-Jan-14 08:25:16

I think mine might be to do with sound. When I eat toast and noisy things it seems to drive bump mad. Then I guess digestion sounds must be pretty noisy when they are right next to your head!
The movement starts so soon I don't think the blood sugar can change after two bites of food, can it?

eexcitement Tue 21-Jan-14 14:44:46

I'm with you Thisisfreakingmeout on the digestion noises/movement rather than /or as well as sugar high.
Even if its protein/heavy carbs its starts very quickly.
Also larger "meals" seem to have a much bigger effect than lil surgery snacks for me
goes wild after lunch - for about an hour lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now