Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Argh Flipping Offices and air con! RANT!

(7 Posts)
Emilycee Mon 20-Jan-14 11:02:29

Sorry but I need to rant! Ffs! I could cheerfully kill all of my colleagues today.

When you walk into our office its like hitting a wall of hot /fuggy air! We have daily battles over the sodding air con controllers.

People sitting there in t-shirts moaning that they are cold - put a fucking jumper on then dickhead!

I am sat in a t-shirt, hot and keep having to go into our cold warehouse to do little jobs just to cool down! I can't remove any more layers of clothing, I would get arrested!

Anyone else boiling hot?! Ive never known anything like it!

Mummytobe2014 Mon 20-Jan-14 11:43:32

Yes i am with you on this one, always hot and sweaty! We have no heating at our office since it flooded but we have mini heaters. The same thing happened before i was pregnant and i was freezing all the time but this time and i am 33 weeks today i am a hot mess whilst my colleagues are sat in lots of layers and warming their hands on hot drinks lol!!
We have our very own built in hot water bottles!
My boss says "i am freezing, is it just me! YES IT IS!!!!

NorthEasterlyGale Mon 20-Jan-14 12:02:42

Yep, I'm on holiday this week, but in our office if the air con is working (99% of the time) it's roasting, if it's not working, it's freezing. Been so bad the last couple of weeks I've asked to work from home on a couple of days. My manager has got me a desk fan, which does help, but it's still not ideal.

I'm 34+4 and my last day will be 38+6 with a c section at 39+4 - at this rate, if the office temp continues like this, the baby's going to come out wearing board shorts, sunglasses and drinking a pina colada grin

Writerwannabe83 Mon 20-Jan-14 12:06:36

I hate Air-Con with a passion - and secretly hate people who want it on all the time too!!!! grin

Cuckoo82 Mon 20-Jan-14 12:31:40

Yep, I'm with you on this one - I have constant battles with my work colleagues about air con - every time they leave the room I try to sneakily turn it down again without them noticing. I have the same battle with my husband over the temperature in the car - he has the heater on full blast while I have my window open! I've suffered from really bad nausea throughout my pregnancy (still at 26 weeks!) and stuffy rooms/cars really make me want to throw up!

Emilycee Mon 20-Jan-14 13:16:43

I'm glad its not just me!

I'm overheating all of the time atm, 29.3 wks.

I remember wearing a coat in the office this time last year because I was cold too.

I would sleep with the window open if dh would let me get away with it - doesnt help with me laying on a folded over duvet because my hips hurt, the pregnancy pillow I have wedged around me and the cat always wants to sleep on me too.

I decided to go on mat leave early so I can have lots of relaxing time (in a temperature I can control!) So leaving in 2 weeks - cannot wait!

moomin35 Tue 21-Jan-14 21:38:31

im getting too hot in our office, its so uncomfortable. im only 21 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now