Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

soft sling for around the house?

(8 Posts)
Snowlet Mon 20-Jan-14 10:02:25

Hi all, just looking for a few recommendations for a soft round-the-house sling. We have a Manduca which is suitable from infant on (comes with an insert) so great for out and about but I think a bit bulky to just throw on to do the washing up.

I'm leaning toward the organic Caboo (seems simpler than Moby) but wanted a few opinions?

I'm not due until June and it's my first so only experience with slings is through friends. Thanks for any help!

SummerSevern Mon 20-Jan-14 10:07:27

I've got a caboo. I definitely rate it. Once you've figured out where to put your head and arms it's dead easy, and really good when dc is tiny. Bit more of a faff now my dd is 6mo, but I still use it.

Quodlibet Mon 20-Jan-14 10:13:54

I like my Caboo and so does my 5wk old - I pop her in if she's a bit cranky and she'll sleep for hours while I have hands-free time. Good for out and about too - did the supermarket shop with her in it this week. It's quick to get the hang of it I think.

polarpercy Mon 20-Jan-14 11:28:07

I love my moby, it took a couple of goes but now I can get it on really quickly and easily. Also found it to be the only non-irritating one for bigger boobs!

Snowlet Mon 20-Jan-14 12:55:17

Thank you so much for the feedback, think we'll go for the Caboo, anyone have a DP wearing as well? Is it okay for a man? I'm wondering if I'll find the two parts annoying, but still seems easier than metres of fabric!

PenguinsDontEatKale Mon 20-Jan-14 13:00:54

I had one and loved it for DD1. By DD2 I preferred the flexibility and lack of long trailing bits from a moby or whatever. It was the long flappy trailing bits that annoyed me - you can tie them loosely together at the back, but it's still lots of extra fabric.

EeyoreIsh Mon 20-Jan-14 13:26:48

I've gone for the Hana baby wrap. It's nice and light as it's bamboo, so not as warm as some of the cotton/fleece ones.

Quodlibet Mon 20-Jan-14 15:12:05

I haven't been bothering with the second bit of fabric for the Caboo while she is still so little. DP uses it too. I do agree the downside is there seems to be way more fabric than you need, unless you were enormous round the middle, but that seemed to be the case with a lot of soft/wrap slings as far as I could see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now