Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Feeling sooooooooo uncomfortable.

(23 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Sun 19-Jan-14 23:26:19

I just need to have a whinge because my DH is sick of hearing about it grin

I think my body is too small to house the baby as I constantly feel like I'm about to pop grin The area under my ribs/under my breasts is so, so, uncomfortable and I'm sure baby is wedged up there!! There's just this constant uncomfortable pressure and it is driving me mad!! I used to love feeling him move - well, I still do - but it has gone from lovely little localised kicks and tickles to all over ripples.....my whole bump appears to move in one big go and it feels like my skin is going to split with being stretched so much grin

And just don't get me started on my bloody back ache!!!

I'm constantly having feeble coughs too - again because baby seems to think squashing himself under my rib cage is far more appropriate than resting in my abdomen...... hmm grin

Sid77 Sun 19-Jan-14 23:27:31

Sympathies. How far along are you?

Writerwannabe83 Sun 19-Jan-14 23:29:48

30+2

I'm considering sleeping in my bra (which I hate doing) as my new heavy, stupidly big boobs pressing down on my rib cage probably aren't helping matters in terms of everything feeling so uncomfortable grin

superlambanana Sun 19-Jan-14 23:36:58

I'm only 18 weeks but my boobs have got enormous so I bought a couple of sleep bras from Emma Jane at Figleaves. They are fab!! I can't sleep without one on. I reckon they'll be stretchy enough to use for breast feeding too.

Sadly I now need the bigger size. I'm seriously wondering if by the time I'm 30 weeks I'll be able to see over my chest hmm

Sid77 Mon 20-Jan-14 00:05:00

I remember not being able to blow my nose as my stomach muscles had just given up in Kate pregnancy. I found a big long pillow in bed really good for back and hip ache. You can put it between your legs from knee to ankle and rest bump on it too.

jaykay987 Mon 20-Jan-14 06:00:05

Writer I'm amazed you're 30weeks already! grin

Not sure if it'll still work for me when I'm as far along as you, but I've had really sore boobs right from the beginning.

Since about week 4 Ive slept in a soft cup bra you can buy from asda or tesco for £6. It looks like a crop top, but just supportive enough for my boulders boobs while sleeping.

I put a new one on last night, and the feeling of relief was immense! I've clearly worn the other one to death. Perhaps I'll try shrinking it in a hot wash

I hate sleeping in a bra - but this is really comfy and for £6 probably worth a try.

Hope you feel better soon!

MummyPig24 Mon 20-Jan-14 06:42:03

I can sympathise. I'm so uncomfortable. This is my 3 rd pregnancy and I'm 32+2. I just feel like this baby is huge. Constantly head butting my fanjo, punching my hipbone and kicking my ribs. No movement is without pain. Plus I have developed spd so I'm in constant pain with that. I want it all to be over and have my little baby out!

Writerwannabe83 Mon 20-Jan-14 08:41:33

jaykay - great minds must think alike because the other day I happened to buy a £6 bra from ASDA which after putting on last night helped loads!! It has some support but not like a typical underwire bra, the word 'soft cup' pretty much sums it up well smile I was still awake until almost 4am though due to pregnancy insomnia but I definitely felt a bot more comfortable smile I can't believe I'm 30 weeks either, CS is booked for 9 weeks today!!!! Eek!!!

mummypig - I'm always getting sensations like my cervix is being punched - it's so sharp and ouch!!! It sounds like you are having a really crappy time. Just over 7 weeks to go though, I hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now thanks

Emilycee Mon 20-Jan-14 10:51:46

Omg Writer I could have written your op! I was getting into all sorts of funny positions yesterday with my ball on the sofa because my back ached, my front ached, every time I eat somehing I feel like I've swallowed a hard lump of rock and it just sits there causing indigestion. I have been a moany winge arse all weekend poor dh! He did rub my back a bit though bless him!

I just feel like an alien is about to burst through my skin just around my ribs - THERE JUST ISNT ANY MORE ROOM!

Emilycee Mon 20-Jan-14 10:53:18

Im just behind you, 29+3 so Ive seen a lot of your posts and thought - yes been getting those symptoms too!

fluffyraggies Mon 20-Jan-14 12:03:43

Sympathies writer. I think my boobs are the only bit of me that doesn't hurt/ache/pull at the mo. My due date is tomorrow and i'm being induced. I'm terrified, but frankly, when i think of the constant aches and pains i've got right now i'm juuuust starting to think ''bring it on''!

Cant lay down without heart burn, sore hips, and pain turning over in bed. (not to mention how much actual physical effort it takes to get my bulk to go over).
Cant sit on the sofa without back-ace/bum ache (?)/baby kicking me madly.
Cant walk without shooting pain from my buttocks down my legs ...and that horrible dragging feeling like everything is going to just drop out if i don't go slow.
Weeing all the bloomin time, and there's only a teaspoon.
Sore skin on my bump.
Ankles swelling if i drive too far.
Breathlessness and dizzy from just going up the darn stairs.
Oh - and the nausea. Still! hmm

Yes. Roll on tomorrow.

fionnthedog Mon 20-Jan-14 12:04:00

I feel your pain!! I'm 28+3 and waking up every hour at night either because I'm uncomfortable, need to wee or have cramp. Whilst I have mostly been able to go back to sleep it doesn't make for a feeling of restfulness in the morning and I feel like I'm sleep-walking through the day at work!!!

Like you I have moaned too much to DH so it's good to be able to share the pain on MN!!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 20-Jan-14 12:38:43

Just keep your eyes on the endgame loveys.
We are nearly there.
Ive got pelvis and hip problems so am now on maternity leave, (32.5 weeks) Ive just recovered from a horrible lurgy and am still coughing, I feel really breathless from being so full and I don't want to eat. Nobody cares in my house either. DP is trying not to think worry about babies/delivery/beyond and my usually lovely teens have promised much and delivered little. sad
But it'll be worth it.
Just think of how quickly the last 30 odd weeks have gone by and how soon we will all be snuggling our lovely babies. smile <<sniff>>

jammiecat Mon 20-Jan-14 13:41:43

I can completely sympathise. I am only 5 foot and carrying twins so twin 2 is right up under my ribs. I've had horrible stretching pains for weeks as a result, back ache, shortness of breath, horrific heartburn and general discomfort on top of the usual pregnancy aches, pains etc. I 'm only 20 weeks and not sure how I'll make it through another 10 weeks with them getting bigger all the time!

Anyway, I guess we just have to keep in mind it will all be worth it (although good to get that off my chest rather than moan to DH again!!)

MummyPig24 Mon 20-Jan-14 14:51:43

Thank you writer not long left now. But why, when people ask how I am, can I not say "actually, crap!" I always have to say "oh I'm fine".

Just getting tired and fed up and want my baby here now. I expect you feel the same x

Wuxiapian Mon 20-Jan-14 15:58:44

I'm fed up and uncomfortable, too.

33+5 and my back is about to give up on me. Sleep? What is that?!

I can't sit, stand or lie down comfortably. When I walk, my whole pelvis is incredibly heavy and I feel as though baby or waters will pop at any time. I get the stabbing cervical-feeling pains, too.

Been feeling sick the last 2 weeks and also had diarrhoea. Tut.

Still, only 6 weeks to go...

Mummytobe2014 Mon 20-Jan-14 16:24:23

MummyPig24 you have described my feelings exactly!!! Im 33 weeks today, believe i had developed spd and everything else you mention is spot on to how i feel lol

Thankfully my boobs dont hurt and i relish taking my bra off to sleep just because i find bra's so uncomfortable, im not even sure if they have grown!?

Danilou22 Mon 20-Jan-14 17:26:04

I can sympathise! I am 37 weeks pregnant with 'gosh they are big' twins. My bump is measuring 58 weeks!!! I am being induced on Friday and it can't come quickly enough! confused

ChicaMomma Mon 20-Jan-14 17:31:26

Ladies are any of you doing pregnancy yoga?
generally if the instructor is really good she'll propose things for the lack of comfort. The girl i go to goes through everyone and asks them how they are feeling adn then for things like rib pain has some moves she suggests.. all the girls in week 30s swear it's keeping them sane!

MummyPig24 Mon 20-Jan-14 18:04:03

My boobs aren't giving me trouble thankfully. Itchy nipples but I can live with that! It's the spd that's really hard to deal with. Heartburn is intermittent. Have to pee twice a night.

I don't do being pregnant very well. 3 children is enough!

Good luck to those having their babies this week!

Mummytobe2014 Mon 20-Jan-14 18:10:35

Yep itchy nipples is awful but have noticed its irratated by certain shower gels! So i steer clear and its not too bad now.

My mum said to me she didnt think pregnancy suited me lol...

MummyPig24 Mon 20-Jan-14 18:27:32

Lol at least your mum was honest!

I love having children, just hate being pregnant. I really envy women who love it. It's not like I even really have problems apart from the spd. I'm just a miserable cow.

Mummytobe2014 Mon 20-Jan-14 18:32:12

Haha me too...i thought tho i wld love being pregnant (this is my first) and have been lucky really, no sicknessat all just a bit of nausea but nothing major and tiredness up till this point and as i get bigger so does my moaning lol
Its funny i feel like a bag of shit but people comment i look great!??? Really? I dnt feel it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now