Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does your mum tell you uncomfortable things now you are preggers? :s

(14 Posts)
Hubbythecatandme Sun 19-Jan-14 22:03:36

My mother was already starting to tell me about what she was prescribed because menopause made her vagina go all dry so now that I am pregnant, I am truly dreading the sort of things she is going to come up with :s
Anyone else??

Hubbythecatandme Sun 19-Jan-14 22:10:34

I hope she doesn't tell me where I was conceived :s
Hubby's elderly dad told him a couple of years ago they had him so late because "that's what happens when you take boring holidays in Scotland"... I just hope my parents don't come up with something similar :s

My MIL told me today at lunch about her inverted nipples... blush

Sid77 Sun 19-Jan-14 23:26:28

My mum and I have had many a chat about piles since I've had 2 babies. I think it's quite liberating being able to discuss these things... Why shouldn't we? An awful lot of ladies have 'intimate' problems/issues, but don't talk about them.

Rosieliveson Mon 20-Jan-14 00:05:06

I think that was one of the worst things about pregnancy and is the worst thing about having a young baby. Everyone wants to talk about their lady parts, nipples, milk supply etc and, even worse, they think it's ok to ask/talk about mine blush

Shellywelly1973 Mon 20-Jan-14 00:24:26

Pmsl @ LastOneDancing!!

My Exdp was freaked out about our ds water birth...oh god the amount of times I told him to shut up in the middle of my sister's wedding reception!

I don't feel the need to share!

Kelly1814 Mon 20-Jan-14 05:57:00

rosie i am with you, i HATED this part of pregnancy, especially when they start manhandling your bosoms too (hospital). i have no interest whatsoever in talking about my mum's sore boobs.

Hubbythecatandme Mon 20-Jan-14 19:33:37

I am more than happy to talk about whatever with friends but NOT my mother lol! As far as I am concerned that's what my mum's female friends are there for!!
Pml about the MIL 's inverted nipples!!!!

Hubbythecatandme Mon 20-Jan-14 19:35:00

rosie I can imagine my mum asking about that sort of thing (milk supplies etc) argh!! Why did I have to be an only child / her only daughter!!

SpawningSalmon Mon 20-Jan-14 21:20:36

Absolutely THE worst thing about pregnancy.

I will never recover from my Grandmother telling my about the pouch that was left due to a poor stitch job. shock

Hubbythecatandme Tue 21-Jan-14 00:10:44

haaaahaaaaa spawning hahahaha!!!!!!

Hubbythecatandme Tue 21-Jan-14 00:11:56

My 93 year old grandmother doesn't care anymore these days about what she says to who. She has been going on about "when are you two going to have children?" since we got married, before that it was "when are you two going to get married?" lol

Rosieliveson Tue 21-Jan-14 03:32:21

Oh and whenever DS is whinging, for food or otherwise, my MIL asks whether my nipples are tingling blush

God yes. My mum has always been a bit of an oversharer (def where I get it from!) but once I confided in her that I was trying to get pregnant and then subsequently became pregnant then the real fun began. Including telling me how strenuous and unsexy my dad found ttc after they'd been trying for 18 months for me confused

There's an image you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now