Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Naming the Bump!

(61 Posts)
OnABabyDiet Sun 19-Jan-14 18:51:23

Just for fun: What are your nicknames for your baby bumps?

Dd1 was "Keith" as we were sick of people asking what we would call her!!

Bump2 is currently Bodger the Lodger - Bodge for short!

Bettyboo2820 Sun 19-Jan-14 19:00:17

This one's Squirt. dd1 was "Babbit" a mix of baby and rabbit i think?!! (Used to call my dog by this nickname too)

Strokethefurrywall Sun 19-Jan-14 19:02:24

Hobbit

Slh122 Sun 19-Jan-14 19:05:58

We just have 'the baby'. I think he's still just going to be 'the baby' when he's 20 grin

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Sun 19-Jan-14 19:07:06

We've just been calling the baby 'Baby', and haven't really named the bump as such, more the baby inside it wink but in the first scan it looked like it was doing the 'rock on' position so my dad's christened it Ozzy, and the name has stuck (although it definitely won't be an Ozzy when it's born!) smile

Be warned though; a lot of Mumsnet members really turn their nose up at having named bumps/babies before they're born, as it's "chavvy/twee/stupid" and pregnant women are incapable of choosing whether to do something for themselves - even if someone else has named it and it's stuck grin

Darth Vader and Chickenlegs (twins). Or the Biscuits if referring to both simultaneously.

Alonso, according to my DMIL

Alfonso, names for this stupid Kindle would be, twat, wanker and fucking useless (and it's tried to alter all of those too).

Bumpiemalumpie Sun 19-Jan-14 19:11:22

We have always called our bump 'bean'. I even have a song for it!!!

kaatieexox Sun 19-Jan-14 19:17:25

Flump because he looked like a marshmellow on our 12 week scan hmm

bugoven Sun 19-Jan-14 19:28:48

Elvis.

We made a deal with Mother Nature back in November after 2 years TTC that if we conceived then baby would have the name Elvis. The name has stuck so far for inutero use and is actually really growing on us. He he.

laura0007 Sun 19-Jan-14 19:34:48

Hubert grin
Pregnancy hormones are actually making me want this for his middle name!

MrsCharlieD Sun 19-Jan-14 19:37:53

Bimba. But now we know for definite that bump is blue we call him variants of his real name x

Karen1226 Sun 19-Jan-14 19:47:58

Piglet, because all I wanted to eat to start with was bacon and ham.

SmallBee Sun 19-Jan-14 19:57:41

I wasn't really that fussed about coming up with a name for her but DH's family, especially his mum were very emphatic that we give the bump a name as my SIL had called her bump spud & they all loved having a name to call it. so I eventually opted to call it 'Littlefoot' (from the land before time)

however I ended up referring to her as all sorts of things, bump, bumpasaurus, bean, grape (I had an app that kept telling me what fruit she was closest to size wise every week-dragon fruit was an interesting week).

lemonpoppyseed Sun 19-Jan-14 20:03:16

Pedro. Probably Peppa-inspired, but can't remember now...

LouisaJF Sun 19-Jan-14 20:05:33

For some random reason DH nick named DS1 Freddie. Everyone got so used to calling him Freddie it very nearly stuck. This time little one is called Bernard as it's less likely to stick around!

Mogz Sun 19-Jan-14 20:06:55

The baby was Mameshiba (beandog, look it up on YouTube), the bump itself was, imaginatively, Bump!

Our DC were nicknamed Thing One and Thing Two, as in Dr Seuss grin

MissSlackPants84 Sun 19-Jan-14 20:14:02

Barry....my blokes surname is White. We also call baby Isla if people refer to baby as a girl. Thing is now my fella wants to call baby Barry or Isla for real lol!!!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 19-Jan-14 20:17:03

Ryvita!! confused hmm grin

McFox Sun 19-Jan-14 20:19:05

We have Jumping Bean because he/she hasn't stayed still for a minute at either scan smile

Strongecoffeeismydrug Sun 19-Jan-14 20:37:16

It was named sproglet until we found out its a girl, then we changed it to Doris grin.
People think that's what her names going to be!

livingzuid Sun 19-Jan-14 20:48:39

Optimus Gandalf for its superpowers. I had a mc previously so dh said it was a superbaby and would be fine as a way to cheer me up and make me smile smile we know it's a girl so now is Optimusa grin

SaucyJack Sun 19-Jan-14 20:50:09

We call her by her intended name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now