Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What the heck is going on with my body ?!?

(8 Posts)
PistolAnnies Sat 18-Jan-14 10:55:19

I'm 3 days late ... but more worried that this is another sign I'm getting old and the change may be about to hit me confused

I'm 30, have 2 children, and most recently, 2 MCs (last one May 2012). Since the MCs, my cycles (days apart) have not been the same each month, ranging from 28 days to 31 at the most, but still fairly light period's lasting for about 4 days really. I'm not on the Pill, or any other contraception.

Had 2 bouts of UP sex during my fertile / ovulation days and have since had very sensitive nipples. Done 3 preg tests (the last one early on in week, before my P was due) but all negative hmm

Not actively trying to get pregnant, but do you think I may've just tested too early and this is why they were negative? Or could the 3-days late be something more sinister? My nan, and mum both went through early menopause and I'm wondering wether this is hereditary?

Ellisisland Sat 18-Jan-14 10:58:04

Not sure if this will help or not but I took four tests on the day my period was due and all negative. Had all the signs so left it a week went and bought a clear blue test and got a positive!

Rockchick1984 Sat 18-Jan-14 11:01:24

I think you need to give it more time. Early menopause is hereditary but just by being 3 days late doesn't mean that's what is happening.

If your periods aren't regular then it may just be that this is a longer cycle and you will come on shortly, or it could be that you tested too early and you're pregnant. Give it a week, if still no signs of AF then retest.

PistolAnnies Sat 18-Jan-14 11:07:18

Thanks guys x

That early menopause is hereditary is worrying hmm I have had other issues, like Ovulating only days after period ended, having to have biopsies for mid-cycle bleeds etc so this is why I'm kinda questioning that. I think my mum was slightly older, about 39 ish when menopause hit confused

Think I might re-test in a few days. As I say I'm not actively trying, but the fear of getting to the age of not being able to have another baby outweighs my longing for a 3rd and final child x

PistolAnnies Sat 18-Jan-14 11:09:37

I must admit, if I do get my period next couple of days and therefore a definite negative, I won't deny I'll feel disappointed blush

PistolAnnies Sat 18-Jan-14 14:08:10

Ok... 3 days late, so now on day 32 of cycle ...

Just took another test - Negative !

My other pregnancies have always been detected early on, so I'm guessing I'm definitely not pregnant and my body is trying to tell me something hmm

gemmaj66 Sat 18-Jan-14 14:13:42

Annie if it's any help, my mum and one sister had early menopause at 42 and 39, but my other sister is early 50's and only just starting hers and I am 42 and pregnant. So hopefully you won't necessarily follow in your mum's footsteps.

Hope you get the result you want. Best of luck. [Smile]

PistolAnnies Sun 19-Jan-14 12:18:35

Still no Period, now 4 days late hmmm hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now