Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Do you need a carrycot?

(28 Posts)
CurlsLDN Tue 14-Jan-14 08:36:53

Hello! I'm planning to buy the babystyle oyster, and maxi cosi pebble. I was planning to buy the carrycot for when baby is small, but now I'm having second thoughts!

We live in London so have limited storage space, and I will be going up stairs/on buses/on the underground very regularly, so would I be better off just having baby in the car seat on the wheels? Do you need a carrycot so they can lie flat?

Advice very much appreciated!

Shellywelly1973 Tue 14-Jan-14 20:29:43

I also live in London. I won't be buying a carrycot for this baby. I did with previous babies but they hardly got used.

Totally impractical on public transport. Can't store it in the car...

I think the plan to use the sling is the most practical.

getagoldtoof Tue 14-Jan-14 21:43:03

Carrycot was amazing for us. I could get the bus to my mum's and if I couldn't face going home - volia - baby could stay in carrycot next to spare bed. It just made life a bit more flexible.

TransatlanticCityGirl Tue 14-Jan-14 22:55:02

I'm not familiar with the Oyster but we had a Stokke Xplory and the regular seat is suitable from birth so we never bothered with a carry cot and in fact, I was very pleased that I didn't because all my friends who did had screaming babies who HATED being in their buggy and many gave up and used a sling instead. I've yet to meet a baby who likes a carry cot. I'm sure they exist, I just don't know any!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now