Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

does anyone else have mild cramping -1st trimester

(15 Posts)
ZingChoirsOfAngels Sat 11-Jan-14 16:27:41

Actually im now 13+ 5, had scan and all looks good, but as I have mild period like cramps every day (morning and evening) I go between brushing it off as normal and worrying if there's a problem.

it could be just the uterus stretching or indigestion, no other symptoms so very likely just normal & beningn reasons, but it bothers me.
I just don't remember this with the others -it's been weeks now.

so anyone else has this?

Bakerof3pudsxx Sat 11-Jan-14 16:28:44

I had this with dc3 but not with 1 or 2!

Think it's growing pains and stuff

Maggie1204 Sat 11-Jan-14 17:06:49

I've had the same and a 1 off of pinky discharge and now in the am I having a miscarriage way of thinking.
The cramping is sometimes lower abdomen at the sides and sometimes around lower back/bum area - on and off during the day.
Am only 6 weeks so haven't had growth scan yet - spoke to the midwife and apparently it's all normal but like you I don't remember any of this with previous pregnancies ( feels like am about to come on period)

ZingChoirsOfAngels Sat 11-Jan-14 17:13:03

weirdest thing is that I never had this with the pg that actually ended as a MC

yes, it does feel like a period about to come on

I do have the sharp, ligament pains too (more when I sneeze or cough) but those don't bother me.

sksk Sat 11-Jan-14 17:13:50

You may need to rest a bit more (difficult, I know), but, if you are concerned, contact your midwife or maternity unit for advice. I used to get occasional period type of pains but they were not every severe when I was pregnant.

Lottiedoubtie Sat 11-Jan-14 17:14:29

Yep, I'm only 5 weeks but I'm getting these every day. Feels like AF is moments away most of the time. confused

Waggamamma Sat 11-Jan-14 17:15:53

Hi zing I've had this too, but I'm only 5-6 weeks. I've just told myself it is my body stretching and preparing but can't help but worry!

maybe mention to midwife if it's really bothering you.

scrufhead Sat 11-Jan-14 17:17:08

Im 7 weeks and I've had these most days. I've been told its normal for the first few months! x

ZingChoirsOfAngels Sat 11-Jan-14 17:17:16

wagga

congrats, I didn't realize you had a BFP! yay!thanks

ZingChoirsOfAngels Sat 11-Jan-14 17:19:34

sksk

I do rest as much as I can, I'm bloody selfish that way. wink

ZingChoirsOfAngels Sat 11-Jan-14 17:20:18

and of course congratulations to all of you - worrying times

(and it will never stop!wink )

EmmaFreudsGivingMeJip Sat 11-Jan-14 17:25:16

I had period type aches and pains for the first 12-ish weeks. I assumed it was just things stretching and growing and kept feeling like my period was starting. I'm 35 weeks now and still get the sharp pain when I cough or sneeze.

EmmaFreudsGivingMeJip Sat 11-Jan-14 17:27:04

oh forgot to say a lie down with a cuppa and chocolate is very good for aches and pains grin

rockin20s Sat 11-Jan-14 21:14:48

Im the same period like cramps coming and going allday im only 4 weeks so I still very worried

Waggamamma Sun 12-Jan-14 12:12:15

Thanks zing I got my bfp on 2nd Jan grin . Just trying not to go crazy in the first 12 weeks now, such a long wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now