Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movement 37 weeks

(28 Posts)
babsie007 Sat 04-Jan-14 21:18:44

I have noticed a significant drop in movement today from little bubs - she is still moving but nowhere near as much as she has done.

I have had tea sweetened with sugar as this gets her going, are a meal tonight, has a chocolate cookie (she really likes those!!!) and also some cheesecake and she just doesn't seem too bothered!!

Should I be worried about this or can it be normal for her to be having some quiet time? Last time this happened (I hadn't felt her move all morning for about 4/5 hours), I called the hospital and they said they wouldn't usually worry until a 24 hour period has passed with no movement?!?! I found this really odd but this is my first so also aware I might be over-reacting.

babsie007 Sun 05-Jan-14 10:57:32

I will definitely get back in touch with them if I don't feel that things are right. Initially last night I just felt like I was wasting their time (even though it's the first time I have been over with an issue!!), but they were really very good and understanding. I feel much more comfortable about contacting them again.

FlossieTreadlight Mon 06-Jan-14 11:37:24

How are things babsie?

babsie007 Mon 06-Jan-14 12:11:57

Really good! She was still very quiet for most of yesterday and I thought I would have to go back over, but she seemed to perk up by about 3pm (after my roast dinner!!) and I have had plenty of movement from her since. Some of the movements aren't as pronounced but I guess that's to be expected if she's running out if space, but I can feel her having a good wriggle in there.

I feel like I want her here so I can stop worrying, but I know once she gets here that I will be just as worried about her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now