Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 week old baby...and I think I might be pregnant again...HELP. (Warning:TMI)

(41 Posts)
embolina Fri 03-Jan-14 23:56:23

Hi ladies. Just wondered if anyone can perhaps offer me any advice?? I'm not on any birth control at the moment, as I was waiting to have a consultation about having the coil..

Ok so myself and my husband got a tad "merry" after our baby's christening on the 15th of Dec and- ya know- one thing led to another. We can't actually remember if the deed was "finished" (Oh the shame. Although, I hasten to add our baby was looked after by his grandparents that night, so we weren't TOTALLY irresponsible.)

It was actually the first night we've been intimate since the birth of our son. (Birth was very traumatic and I almost died, so it's taken a while to just relax and go with the moment, etc.)

Anyway, my first period since having my son (and so far, last) period was on Dec 9th- ironically to the DAY my last one was before we found out I was expecting!) I started having cramps yesterday and thought I was coming on. When I wiped (TMI, sorry) yesterday and today, it's been either very very pale blood and now it's like mucus but brownish..then when I added up when I'm actually due on, it should be Monday, as I've always been 28 days to the dot.

I have a terrifying feeling I might be pregnant again. If I AM, I probably conceived around the 17th, (I ovulate early) which would mean I could potentially be expecting a baby on the exact same day as my son....

Has anyone else had implantation bleeding or anything like this?? HELP!

ProphetOfDoom Sun 05-Jan-14 14:50:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Glad you're ok OP smile

embolina Sat 04-Jan-14 23:30:23

Hi everyone!

Well, I did a test this evening, and so far it's coming up negative.

I'm half overjoyed and half gutted! Saying that, after I tested, myself and my husband looked at our gorgeous little baby boy and reminded ourselves how lucky we are to have him and that he'll have a little brother or sister, just all in good time. smile

Thank-you to everyone who replied to my post- it made me feel SO much better last night and all of today.

Lullabyte Sat 04-Jan-14 23:20:30

Obviously, you should POAS now to satisfy the collective MN curiosity!

aroha77 Sat 04-Jan-14 23:15:46

Good luck tomorrow! I'm a twin and have always loved it so I'm sure it'll all work out well if there is a line on the stick tomorrow!! Xx

volvocowgirl Sat 04-Jan-14 23:13:45

Do one now and another in the morning!

meditrina Sat 04-Jan-14 23:11:44

Will you be able to sleep if you don't test now?

I'd wait until morning (if you can) but it probably won't make that much difference, as you're over 2 weeks beyond likely sperm life, and that should cover most of the vagaries of postnatal cycle weirdness.

samsmother Sat 04-Jan-14 23:05:12

I tested on the 3rd jan as I wanted to take some cystitis meds which said do not take if pregnant. I retested on the 10th (had an apt with fertility consultant), got a positive and working backwards various charts told me I'd conceived somewhere around the 15th December. So if you get a negative I would say from personal experience test again next weekend. As you say, what will be will be, am currently pregnant with an unplanned surprise!

ProphetOfDoom Sat 04-Jan-14 17:27:47

Test tomorrow if you feel better doing that, but not if you're going to panic all night!

NatashaBee Sat 04-Jan-14 17:05:26

I'd wait for your first pee tomorrow smile

embolina Sat 04-Jan-14 16:56:40

Ladies, if I do a test now in the evening would a positive result show up as clearly as if I waited until my first pee of the day tomorrow??

I have the test, but I'm so scared to do it I feel physically sick.

Have you got a test OP? If it's negative I'd retest in a week or so as others have said periods can go a bit all over the place post-pregnancy.

Good luck!

JanePurdy Sat 04-Jan-14 09:08:52

No she wouldn't wincher as the school year cut off is 31sr August.

Several friends have reported their cycles have lengthened since having children so you might no longer have 28 day cycles.

ProphetOfDoom Sat 04-Jan-14 09:07:51

RandomMess Sat 04-Jan-14 09:06:00

Good luck, I had a 14 month gap and it was fine, harder work in some ways but easier in others (have other dc as well so have experienced a variety of gaps!)

Wincher Sat 04-Jan-14 09:03:06

Good luck! If you are pregnant will you have two children in the same school year?

giraffesCantSledge Sat 04-Jan-14 03:15:11

Good luck!

GiraffesAndButterflies Sat 04-Jan-14 01:34:10

Nothing to do with your original post, but this might be useful smile

Good luck for when you POAS!

fluffygal Sat 04-Jan-14 01:14:11

Good luck! There's under a year between my two 7 year olds (one turns 8 on Monday!). Neither child planned! The first year was hard work but it got easier. I had easy births though, hope it wouldn't be too much strain on your body if you nearly died last time.

Also agree though your periods may take a while to get back to normal so don't panic just yet.

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sat 04-Jan-14 00:57:07

You're not likely to make it to your next birthday if you keep using hubby, babba and putting x's at the end of your posts - this is mumsnet, not netmums fgrin You'll soon get used to the acronyms.

Congratulations on your DS (son) - I think it's lovely to have them close in age, but quite hard on your body to go through pregnancy again so quickly not to mention a second lot of sleepless nights. Still, as you say, what will be will be.

I hope the test goes the way you want it to tomorrow smile

TakingTheStairs Sat 04-Jan-14 00:48:58

I ovulated. Not "if ovulated"

TakingTheStairs Sat 04-Jan-14 00:48:10

So wake him, tell him you're off to the supermarket and to watch the baby! smile
For what it's worth, I have a 9 wk old DS and at my 6 wk post natal check up I told my consultant that I thought I was ovulating already and she gave me a quick scan and low and behold, if ovulated that morning and could see the egg on the screen ... So entirely possible that you're expecting!
Hope it's the result you want xxx

embolina Sat 04-Jan-14 00:43:08

Good point, but hubby is asleep and I obviously can't leave the babba! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now