Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would anyone be around to hold my hand this evening please?

(194 Posts)
Armadale Thu 02-Jan-14 12:51:11

I have an eight week scan booked for late this afternoon.

I am really scared of the outcome.

It is my sixth pregnancy without a baby so far.

It has got to the point now where DH and I don't tell anyone I'm pregnant, as it is just too hard to them tell them I've lost another one, so we don't have any RL support.

Christelle2207 Sat 04-Jan-14 20:00:37

Brilliant news for both of you. X

PenguinsDontEatKale Sat 04-Jan-14 20:25:24

smile Eurochick. Good that you have another scan in 10 days too.

Armadale Sat 04-Jan-14 21:11:50

Really interesting links, willitbe, read the BMJ one with interest, although I think eurochick is right about the lack of aspirin takers in the study.

I don't really know what to think about taking it now- might try and broach with the consultant again- cue much eye rolling. Clearly they think I've just got a bee in my bonnet about the whole clotting thing when they have decided I just don't have it.

But I'm not prepared to agree with them when I have the Post Mortem from my 5 month loss, which was otherwise a perfectly healthy and viable pregnancy, and if this one is too I don't want to lose it to the same thing.

CrispyFB Sun 05-Jan-14 01:13:39

That's wonderful news Eurochick! smile

I'm on baby aspirin because I had very high bHCG levels at 12 weeks and there is research linking better outcomes with taking it. I had not yet had my first consultant appointment so I started it without his go ahead, but when I told him he said it was fine, that the risks were so small as to be negligible so even if it didn't make a positive difference, it almost certainly wouldn't make a negative one.

Then again every consultant is different and two consultants often happily contradict each other and both probably find research to back it up too!

Armadale Mon 06-Jan-14 14:54:16

VJONES you are in my thoughts today, I hope the scan goes well for you thanks

Armadale Thu 16-Jan-14 09:50:15

Oh dear, I'm in scan doom again. I have my 10 week scan this afternoon and I'm finding it very hard to stay calm.

lizziekal Thu 16-Jan-14 09:53:56

It doesn't get any easier, I have a meltdown before each one (already getting nervous about my next one in 10 days when I'll be 29 weeks). Hope it all goes okay this pm.

Armadale Thu 16-Jan-14 09:57:29

thanks Lizzie, that makes me feel a bit more normal....it is like each time I go there all the other scans come back iyswim....28 weeks is brilliant- how are you feeling?

makesamesswhenstressed Thu 16-Jan-14 10:00:32

Good luck for today x

lizziekal Thu 16-Jan-14 10:05:54

Still in disbelief that we've made it this far! Just keep taking it a day at a time and you'll be fine.

Armadale Thu 16-Jan-14 10:56:07

thanks makesamess, I think your username currently describes my living room!

makesamesswhenstressed Thu 16-Jan-14 14:02:10

Mine too, but I have a little help from my 2 yr old! He makes a mess when he breathes

Armadale Thu 16-Jan-14 16:18:10

Just back, 10 week scan was good, everything looked ok. I haven't got this far in the 4 pg's before this one, only the first one, so I'm feeling more hopeful

lizziekal Thu 16-Jan-14 16:33:23

Yay. Great news.

Armadale that is fantastic news, congratulations smile

Excellent news! X

g0ldie Fri 17-Jan-14 12:12:23

Very happy for you! X

permaquandry Fri 17-Jan-14 12:30:10

Ah, fantastic! I've been lurking on this thread, really hoping for you to post good news. thanks

Armadale Fri 17-Jan-14 13:41:15

Ah thank you everyone. I had a whole nights sleep last night, except for a couple of loo trips, the relief is just brilliant. Onwards and upwards until the 12 week scan meltdown, I suspect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now