Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Early Pregnancy/Reassuranc e Scans.... worth it??

(26 Posts)
sharkey1187 Tue 17-Dec-13 20:05:42

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone has had an early pregnancy scan privately? I am currently 5+2... I've got 3 weeks to wait before my booking appointment. I know in the grand scheme of things 3 weeks is nothing but it feels like a lifetime! I have had friends recommend this previously but I'm not sure whether it's really a good idea?

what's everyone's thoughts?

HaleyDunphy Wed 18-Dec-13 15:38:36

I did early scans and I have to say, I don't know if it helped me or not when I think about it.

I had one at 6+2, saw and heard heartbeat via internal. Then one at 7+2, because all my symptoms had randomly vanished for a few days. Then one at 10 weeks just because I was so nervous. And yet, after all that, I spent so much time crying and anxious. My dating scan (13 weeks) was a blur, like I couldn't believe the baby was still there.

Next time, I'll go for one at ten weeks I think because I was still so aware of the statistics. I think I've just lost the plot a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now