Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think I'm in early labour??? Scared!

(96 Posts)
Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 03:14:00

Been feeling leaky all day so popes on a bad and rang hospital. They said keep it on all night and if still feel wet in the morning to ring my me to get checked out. That was at 11pm

Went to bed and as soon as got into bed dd went crazy and kept have sharp stabby pain in cervix and major backache like period pains it's been 4 hours and I've still got really bad back ache and tummy ache a lot of pressure down low as still feeling rather wet.
Dp is in bed as he has work so don't want to wake him for no reason so I'm bouncing on my ball which is helping the pain slightly
This is my first so I could by completely wrong.
But it certainly feels like something is happening

Oh I'm 39+3

Sorry if this make no sense. I want to try and not take painkillers until I really have too as I'm bouncing I feel more and more pressure

1974rach Mon 23-Dec-13 11:38:26

Awww she does want to meet yousmile

She's just comfy and cosy. She'll be the best Christmas present ever xx

Stom91 Mon 23-Dec-13 11:53:23

I've given her 2 options lol she either comes today or she waits til after Boxing Day lol xx

1974rach Mon 23-Dec-13 14:19:59

fx she's listened to her mummy smile I hope you've got your feet up and that you're enjoying the crap Christmas telly xx

Stom91 Mon 23-Dec-13 15:12:24

Yup much if my way through the tub of celebrations and Doritos and watching the Santa clause movie , toy story is about to start too. I'm living the high life !! Lol

Stom91 Mon 23-Dec-13 15:12:51

Munching *

strom, go through childbirth topic and look for my live birth threadS.
there were 4 in the end and they ended up having nealy 4000 on the lat one!
DD was 16 days late in the end. trust me, you won't beat that! grin

Stom91 Mon 23-Dec-13 19:41:20

Omg how come they let you go to 16 days over!? I though you're not allowed past 14?
God I can't wait that long lol

Cariad007 Mon 23-Dec-13 19:45:20

I'm not sure it's a matter of "letting". The hospital can't exactly strap you down and induce you by force - my yoga instructor's oldest daughter was 4 weeks late!

that's the point I was makjng earlier - THEY don't "let" you/me do anything. it's my body and I make the decisions.
they can give ne suggestions based on their experience, but I'm also using research and WHO and NICE guidelines to make my decisions
they say that you're not classed as overdue until 42 weeks and you can choose whether to be induced or go for "expectant management" (which basically means monitoring) after that.

your body, your decision.
you might find it worthwhile to read my threads. you can find it by doing an advanced search for nickelbabe live birth thread (the first one is called "I'm booking this thread early..."

1974rach Tue 24-Dec-13 07:51:45

Happy Christmas eve Stom. Sounds like we did exactly the same yesterday afternoon! Same films on in our house too. Have a good day, feet up for you missy, and more Christmas telly. Baby Stom Is on her way smile xx

Stom91 Tue 24-Dec-13 12:41:40

You too rach I actually feel asleep through toy story! Lol then spent all night awake as I wasn't tired!! Lol

Off to asda when mum finishes work to get the veg for tomorrow... Had some sticky clear jelly like stuff come out this morning (bit of plug maybe?) and a couple BH but that's it nothing else really so I think she is staying out for now.
Tbh she can stay in now til I've at least had my Xmas dinner lol
I have a sweep booked for the 27th
Hope you have a nice Christmas smile

Stom91 Tue 24-Dec-13 12:42:34

Staying put**

I think the plug is gooey and bloody.

and a sweep won't work if your cervix isn't favourable, but at least the vaginal exam will tell you if you're on your way fgrin

just relax and enjoy christmas.
don't you dare lift a fingr - make them all wait on you hand and foot.
and eat as much chocolate as you can handle fgrin

birdbrain21 Tue 24-Dec-13 17:08:22

My plug wasn't bloody just a massive lump of gunk! It got dosloged by the midwife examining before she induced me so I guess the same thing could happen by a sweep...

Stom91 Tue 24-Dec-13 17:13:28

Yeh I've had some come out before it was clear and sticky bit like jelly. Midwife said that could be just a small bit of it.
Haven't had any I the mucus-y stuff yet.

Vegging on the couch tonight. Guna peel the spuds later the rest of the Veg we got is already prepared as I'm lazy this yeah so that all in the fridge so jut a matter of putting in the turkey and the veg so won't take long. Mum will be here to help so all good smile
Hope you all have a lovely Christmas smile

Clargo55 Tue 24-Dec-13 19:53:21

Hope you have a lovely Christmas Stom and LO here by the end of this year thanks

Stom91 Tue 24-Dec-13 20:09:16

Thanks smile

1974rach Wed 25-Dec-13 11:06:05

Happy Christmas Stom. Have a lovely day.

xxxx

Just realised we haven't heard from Stom for a couple of days - either that means she's enjoying christmas as has forgotten, or she's having/had a baby.
grin

c'mon Stom, what's happening?
[nosey]

1974rach Sat 28-Dec-13 20:34:35

think baby stom has arrived smile smile

looking forward to hearing the story x

I don't know - i've just looked on the december thread and she was still pg. on her last post

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now