Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think I'm in early labour??? Scared!

(96 Posts)
Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 03:14:00

Been feeling leaky all day so popes on a bad and rang hospital. They said keep it on all night and if still feel wet in the morning to ring my me to get checked out. That was at 11pm

Went to bed and as soon as got into bed dd went crazy and kept have sharp stabby pain in cervix and major backache like period pains it's been 4 hours and I've still got really bad back ache and tummy ache a lot of pressure down low as still feeling rather wet.
Dp is in bed as he has work so don't want to wake him for no reason so I'm bouncing on my ball which is helping the pain slightly
This is my first so I could by completely wrong.
But it certainly feels like something is happening

Oh I'm 39+3

Sorry if this make no sense. I want to try and not take painkillers until I really have too as I'm bouncing I feel more and more pressure

Hannahwillo88 Tue 17-Dec-13 07:15:03

Try getting on it knees and leaning over u ball to relieve the back pain helped me in labour wen my first was back to back gd luck

1974rach Tue 17-Dec-13 07:37:12

good luck! looking forward to hearing the next installment

x

QueenElizabethTheZygon Tue 17-Dec-13 07:39:53

Just popping in to say good luck, love the name, I have an Amelia Rose. smile

extracrunchy Tue 17-Dec-13 07:44:44

Ooh Stom so pleased things are finally happening for you grin

Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 09:12:30

Came back to bed at 7 managed to sleep for 2 hours pains are back now I'm awake.
It's a weird feeling - really achey periody pains and stabby pains and also feel like I could eat a horse lol starving!

Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 12:34:40

Do you think cos I've Been leaking since yesterday If my actual waters haven't broken or I'm still in this limbo stage I should call the hospital cos a midwife said if I'm leakin and my water don't break naturally in 24-48 hrs they will induce me. I don't want baby to run out of water lol

1974rach Tue 17-Dec-13 12:45:51

can't hurt to ring and ask.

x

"a midwife said if I'm leakin and my water don't break naturally in 24-48 hrs they will induce me"

no, they won't - they cannot say they will do something. they can advise you to be induced, but they can't just do it without your consent.
FWIW NICE says that you can have 96 hours after your waters have broken before you need to think about induction. (it does vary from trust to trust, but NICE wouldn't give timings that were dangerous or unrealistic)

It's very normal for your waters to leak out like that rather than go in a flush, and it's highly unlikely that your baby will run out of water smile

Santasaysno Tue 17-Dec-13 13:10:00

I was starving with Ds walked to the shop and bought curry

Ds Was born 8 hours later

Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 13:15:06

Haha Santa that's awesome. I hope she comes soon getting fed up of just back ache and the odd tightening.

Dp took the day off cos it was so painful this morning. Now he's just annoying me lolx

Shellywelly1973 Tue 17-Dec-13 13:27:59

Good luck Storm!

send him off to get some food. grin

Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 14:05:22

Haha we are going to go for a walk and get some luck try get this baby moving x

Doctorbrownbear Tue 17-Dec-13 16:16:34

There is an increased risk of infection once your waters have gone. I would request antibiotics after 24 hours if nothing has happened. My niece had an infection when she came after my SILs waters went and they didn't admit her or intervene for nearly 5 days.

Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 16:49:33

Hey. Yeh I hat called them as it's been just over 24 hrs they want me to go in and get checked out and to check baby and to check my waters have definitely gone and if they have they are going to talking about inducing me tomorrow

I didn't want to be induced but if I have to I have to better safe than sorry xx

yes, better safe than sorry, but practise this phrase "what might happen if we wait such-and-such length of time?" (eg, an hour, two hours, threee hours etc)
you don't "have" to be induced, it doesn't guarantee a safe outcome, and it can havea knock-on effect to more intervention.

don't want to sound scary, but you know your own body, see what you can cope with and how you want to deal with it.
(if you don't want to be induced, then stick with that as your main priority)

Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 17:39:37

Yeh only Because I'm hypermobile. The more intervention the worse it is for my hypermobility
And I heard induction hurts more. I'm hoping they just give me a pessary that way I can still have a water birth

Clargo55 Tue 17-Dec-13 19:11:52

Good luck Storm x

Clargo55 Tue 17-Dec-13 19:12:36

Stom* thanks

hope it all goes nice and naturally then.

water is definitely your friend (apparently - i wouldn't have a bath because i didn't want to get wet...)

birdbrain21 Tue 17-Dec-13 19:35:33

wow good luck storm this all sounds so exciting! I was induced when I went overdue and my platelet levels suddenly dropped so all I experienced was losing my plug never had to judge when was the right time to go into hospital hmm but this sounds like what I had for early labour when I was induced. I had a pessary for induction by the way and it was my first so don't have anything to compare to but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be after all the scare stories people tell you about being induced!!
have some cake and try to rest up whilst you can! I have a 8 month old dd and have to say having a little girl is amazing keep focused on the end result when the pain get going smile x

Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 19:42:02

Thanks all. Currently in hosp having baby heartbeat monitored for 20 mins then they are going to check my waters have gone then do a plan of action for induction for tomorrow. I want a water birth so will talk about have a pessary first.
But hopefully I'll go into labour naturally tonight.

Being here in hosp though is scary I don't wana be in labour now hahah. I'm scared of the pain as I don't what sort of pain it is or how I'll cope ect.
I'm more scared of the unknown I guess

Thanks for the good lucks it means a lot.
I hope I have news for you soon!

1974rach Tue 17-Dec-13 20:01:49

Exciting times hon. Hope all goes well, looking forward to hearing your lovely news very soon.

x

Stom91 Tue 17-Dec-13 20:41:10

Thanks dp is excited. I'm nervous haha.
It's so surreal at the moment xx

do they know about your hypermobility?

just tell them no.
you're not overdue and you don't need intervention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now