Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Glass of wine on Chrismas day.

(338 Posts)
LucyB1 Mon 16-Dec-13 15:13:50

Hi, I'm going to be 12+5 on Christmas day and i am absolutely GAGGING for a glass of red. Is that really bad cause I'm not quite out of the first trimester??

Hi all, just wondered who succumbed to a glass of anything today? I have been reading this thread with interest. Im 17 wks. For the first time (and only time) in this pregnancy i had a few glasses of fizz with my christmas dinner.... I enjoyed it! But wont be repeating this again in my pregnancy. I am now berating myself horribly. Just wondered what everyone else had decided to do xxx

McFox Thu 26-Dec-13 00:37:24

Don't berate yourself pussycat! The evidence doesn't support abstinence, and I had a wee glass of prosecco myself today at 17 weeks. My pregnant doctor friends that I work with aren't abstaining totally either, and they are senior consultants - they know best! smile

MummyPig24 Thu 26-Dec-13 07:29:37

I'm 28 weeks and had planned to have a glass of wine but I didn't actually get round to it! I probably will have a glass over the festive period but I'm not a big drinker anyway.

ClearlyMoo Thu 26-Dec-13 07:48:30

I had a thimble full of sherry and a splash of red in a glass with lunch, and it was lovely. No one made a fuss or commented it was just really nice, and it was such small amounts I'm not going to worry or feel guilty. Happy Christmas!

Notfastmainlyfurious Thu 26-Dec-13 08:01:56

I had a quarter of a glass if champagne that last me almost an hour. My dad said a glass won't hurt get it down you! 14+3 yesterday. First alcohol of the pregnancy and it was good.

Santabroughtmethis Thu 26-Dec-13 14:20:44

McFox are they obstetric consultants?

I've nc for another thread but I've commented on here with my feelings, as a mum and midwife and being newly pregnant myself now, yesterday I didn't bother at all.

Hope everyone had a lovely day.

hackneybird Thu 26-Dec-13 17:04:30

I had a glass of red yesterday, it lasted me about 2 hrs and I enjoyed it. I had a Buck's Fizz on Sunday too. During the remaining festive period I shall probably have another small drink or two.

I'm 16+3. During the rest of the pregnancy i'll probably have one small drink a week. It's what I did my with my DS and I feel comfortable with that. All of my friends also followed same policy and everyone's children are bright as buttons.

weebigmamma Thu 26-Dec-13 18:10:16

I'm 24 weeks and I've just had 2 glasses of white wine as I'm totally fed up with everything and everyone. It was lovely and I'm not going to feel bad about it. x

AHardDaysWrite Thu 26-Dec-13 20:09:36

santa my SIL is an obstetric consultant and she told me to have a glass of wine on my birthday when I was pregnant.

Strokethefurrywall Thu 26-Dec-13 20:19:33

Yep, I had my Veuve in the morning and beers on the beach in the afternoon - tasted fantastic.

Glass of wine this afternoon too - happily I'm intelligent enough to listen to the advice of my OBGYN and not the judgement of pissy strangers on the internet.

Hope all had a lovely day whether they had a drink or not!

Santabroughtmethis Thu 26-Dec-13 22:11:02

hmm

aclxxx Thu 26-Dec-13 22:19:42

Had 2 glasses of pressecco over 4 hours. 17 weeks now.

HotCrossPun Fri 27-Dec-13 22:29:47

Nope. Didn't have the balls to. We were at MIL for Xmas dinner, and she'd went to the trouble of buying me non-alcoholic wine. I felt like too much of a wimp to say that I'd prefer a small glass of the real stuff. grin

Went to my mums for dinner on boxing day though. And she poured me a lovely glass of bucks fizz without me even having to ask. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now