Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

very very faint line on pregnancy test

(67 Posts)
starfish99 Sat 14-Dec-13 09:59:38

Just done a pregnancy test and there is a really really faint positive line on the test - can only really see it if I hold up to the light. I think I'm about 7 days dpo. How long does it take for a strong positive to show up?
Desperately hoping to get pregnant...mum has cancer and not long left so would be so good to have some good news for us and for her.
Think i am so hopeful I'm clutching at straws and so worried I'll get my period.

Christelle2207 Sat 21-Dec-13 19:04:06

I know its difficult to not test daily but if you test every 2 days, as I did, you will be more likely to see a sustained darkening. The test measures hormones in your wee and depending on lots of factors its concentration will vary a bit day to day

BettyMacdonald Sat 21-Dec-13 19:09:28

Oh best of luck. FWIW I've never had a clearly positive test until I'm about 6 days late. I ovulate around day 19 so think that's why. Keeping fingers crossed for you

I've had period like cramps at the start of every pregnancy (implantation I believe) and with dd bleeding on top of that about the time my period would have been due, which had me fooled. Good luck!

starfish99 Sun 22-Dec-13 14:44:15

hi all. staying positive... still pregnant. I think! just wondered how the timing works... my last af was 16th Nov but I have a 35 day cycle (on average). so if i guesstimate that I ov'd on 7th dec does that make me just over 4 weeks or 5 weeks? think they say your date is from your last af but if you have a longer cycle than the avrg 28 surely that affects how pregnant you are?

PuppyMummy Sun 22-Dec-13 16:27:06

starfish it doesn't matter how long ur cycle is. they will still date u from the first day of ur last period. then when u hav the dating scan at 12 weeks they change the due date accordingly.

I have a short cycle so my due date was 5 days out from what I thought when calculated by midwife. when I had my scan the due date ended up matching exactly what I thought it would be and spot on for my cycle!

Leecarr Sun 09-Nov-14 21:44:18

Hi everyone , wonder if anybody can help me sad can't get off the net and go get into bed although I'm exhausted because I am sooo anxious!! I took a preg test this morning with first urine and there was a very faint pink line (was a thin line) I checked the test the whole day constantly starring at it because I was so uncertain and was praying the line would get darker Lol.. To only come back and stare at it 30min later (which was about 8/9 hours after morning urine and spending my whole day staring at the faint line) to see the 'positive faint line' gone and all that was left behind was a distinctive white positive line with what seemed to be extra darker urine that had leaked on it ?? Could I be pregnant !! I really hope I am

Leecarr Sun 09-Nov-14 21:49:03

Those are the faint lines it was more visible in person

weeblueberry Sun 09-Nov-14 21:54:54

I'm pretty sure any reading the test shows after a certain period isn't accurate - I'm just not sure when that is? I want to say 2 hours but hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will come along and correct me.

All I'm saying is don't worry about anything that happens to the test a certain period after you've peed on it as it might not be accurate.

EmbarrassedPossessed Sun 09-Nov-14 21:56:12

If you had a line within the time limit that the test gives, then it's a positive no matter how faint/thin. If you're unsure as a result of what happened to the line after a while, do another test tomorrow morning with FMU and see if you get another positive.

Leecarr Sun 09-Nov-14 22:02:58

The faint line appeared within the 10 minute mark which the preg test gave.. I sure will take another test tomorrow.. Will upload a pic of the test what it looks like now with the 'vanished line' lol..

Leecarr Sun 09-Nov-14 22:05:41

This is the line that vanished lol

Leecarr Sun 09-Nov-14 22:09:53

After the line dissapeared that's what's left

EmbarrassedPossessed Sun 09-Nov-14 22:13:42

On your first picture that you uploaded I can see a very faint line. That can only happen if you have pregnancy hormones present. It doesn't matter what happened to the test after the time limit expired.

The re-test tomorrow morning will hopefully be clearer.

Leecarr Mon 10-Nov-14 05:27:52

So it seems the morning test I took this morning came back neg sad so gutted!! Although I still somehow feel some hope that I am.. The first preg test with the faint line is a different brand to the one I took this morning with a negative result?.. Been having a lot of what I would describe them as 'stomach aches and pains' in my lower abdomen for the past 2 days !! AF is due in 6 days could it be that I tested to early ?? confused

foxyfemke Mon 10-Nov-14 07:25:12

6 days before you're due is really quite early. Be patient and wait and see if your period turns up. If not, retest.

EmbarrassedPossessed Mon 10-Nov-14 08:18:34

Blimey, 6 days before AF is very early to get a positive. Try and wait till at least the day that AF is due before testing again.

Leecarr Mon 10-Nov-14 11:10:40

I've just been to the doc for a blood test waiting for results fingers crossed and toes crossed although I am very doubtful!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now