Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

very very faint line on pregnancy test

(55 Posts)
starfish99 Sat 14-Dec-13 09:59:38

Just done a pregnancy test and there is a really really faint positive line on the test - can only really see it if I hold up to the light. I think I'm about 7 days dpo. How long does it take for a strong positive to show up?
Desperately hoping to get pregnant...mum has cancer and not long left so would be so good to have some good news for us and for her.
Think i am so hopeful I'm clutching at straws and so worried I'll get my period.

Christelle2207 Sat 21-Dec-13 19:04:06

I know its difficult to not test daily but if you test every 2 days, as I did, you will be more likely to see a sustained darkening. The test measures hormones in your wee and depending on lots of factors its concentration will vary a bit day to day

BettyMacdonald Sat 21-Dec-13 19:09:28

Oh best of luck. FWIW I've never had a clearly positive test until I'm about 6 days late. I ovulate around day 19 so think that's why. Keeping fingers crossed for you

I've had period like cramps at the start of every pregnancy (implantation I believe) and with dd bleeding on top of that about the time my period would have been due, which had me fooled. Good luck!

starfish99 Sun 22-Dec-13 14:44:15

hi all. staying positive... still pregnant. I think! just wondered how the timing works... my last af was 16th Nov but I have a 35 day cycle (on average). so if i guesstimate that I ov'd on 7th dec does that make me just over 4 weeks or 5 weeks? think they say your date is from your last af but if you have a longer cycle than the avrg 28 surely that affects how pregnant you are?

PuppyMummy Sun 22-Dec-13 16:27:06

starfish it doesn't matter how long ur cycle is. they will still date u from the first day of ur last period. then when u hav the dating scan at 12 weeks they change the due date accordingly.

I have a short cycle so my due date was 5 days out from what I thought when calculated by midwife. when I had my scan the due date ended up matching exactly what I thought it would be and spot on for my cycle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now