Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC: Keeping the Posifrickingtivity going into 2014!!

(1000 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Wed 04-Dec-13 07:34:45

Oops I managed to finish the last thread - so here we go!

Janie - fingers crossed

saggygrin that made me chuckle!

Janie Goodluck, sending you good vibessmile

Polka2 Wed 04-Dec-13 14:48:18

Marking my place - crikey you ladies are good at chattering!!!

Go Janie go - everyone has fingers and toes crossed for you!

Hope everyone else is well great to hear of so many new BFP's - hand holding ahoy to you all! grin

I'm off to meet anesthetist this arvo (only 18wks) just incase I need an emergency c section as apparently I'm hard to intubate (!???) another weirdness of my body! Oh, and done something bonkers and bought a lovely buggy on ebay - I know its super early but it was exactly what I was looking for and was in great nick and a few miles down the road too! Its boxed up and hidden in our shed!

Pixielady83 Wed 04-Dec-13 15:26:20

Wow polka that sounds a bit scary, how do they know that? glad they're preparing for it though. What buggy did you get?

In bed with the lurgy today sad I feel bad as this is the second week running I've had time off work. Still feel shocking and high temp and chesty cough so think I'll be off tomorrow as well. Hate phoning in ill.

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 04-Dec-13 15:40:10

Lol chocolate I've been here since march I think! grin I'm totally rubbish at keeping in touch though as thread moves so quickly and I mainly read but don't always have the chance to post. Sorry!

I don't know how I'm going to keep going for 3 weeks or more!! My poor kids are watching so much tv!

Hope you're ok janie, it's my worst nightmare to not be allowed in as they're too busy so I hope you're still coping brilliantly and they let you in soon xxx

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 04-Dec-13 15:40:57

Pixie- dont feel guilty about being ill! Look after yourself xx

Pixielady83 Wed 04-Dec-13 15:43:22

Thanks blackholes I have had so much lemon and honey today it's ridiculous, DH is working from home and just brings in mug after mug! Re: too much telly, at least there is good Christmassy telly coming up. Are they too old for Peppa Christmas DVD specials?! We got a 3 DVD set last year and I actually quite enjoyed it blush

GuffSmuggler Wed 04-Dec-13 15:47:24

oooo saggy you sexy lady grin Reminds me of DH cutting my toenails when I finally couldn't reach them at the end of last PG, oh the glamour of pregnancy!!!

Pentagon Wed 04-Dec-13 15:50:25

aaaah Janie, good luck my lovely! So excited for you, I can't wait to hear your news!

saggy you crack me up!!

NerdyBird Wed 04-Dec-13 17:31:32

Had a drop more bleeding today. Literally just one drop of browny stuff. Am steadfastly not panicking. I will keep an eye on it tonight and tomorrow. The EPU won't scan me for a week anyway and I'm not going to a&e for one drop!
Somehow I seem to have dropped from panic stations to 'what will be will be' in the space of a day! Actually got some work done today for the first time in weeks! Couldn't focus before. Am still wondering about a private scan just before xmas, provided I'm not back at EPU that is!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 04-Dec-13 17:57:53

grin grin I aim to please! grin grin
Although that's nothing, DP is going to have to do some public topiary at some point soon, before someone gets lost in there! confused

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 04-Dec-13 17:58:52

I know what you mean Nerdy, I suddenly went all fatalistic. Mad isn't it! smile

ChristineDaae Wed 04-Dec-13 18:47:54

Good luck Janie!!!
No more of the dodgy brown discharge here so am hoping that's done with. Had a PGP support group today. Thinking about seeing if I can get signed off for my last 2 weeks as to starting to really hurt sad
Hi to any newbies iv missed grin

pgchimp Wed 04-Dec-13 19:01:29

best if luck Janie, really hope they have room for you at the inn (and that the Christmas lights meet expectations!).
I told my family yesterday and it actually felt a bit wierd like I was telling them we had been dtd. they were all delighted, I haven't seen my mum so excited for ages!smile

BirdsDoIt Wed 04-Dec-13 19:04:42

Oooh oooh go janie! So excited for you! And v impressed at your festive multi tasking while in labour!

LuckySocks13 Wed 04-Dec-13 19:10:49

Hi everyone. FantStic to see so many lovely ladies joining the thread with BFP smile wishing everyone healthy pregnancies. With regards to bleeding, I had many episodes all the way through for no a parang reason and now have a healthy baby 10 days old. The days will pass faster as time goes on. Focus on one day at a time.

Checking in for news on Janie. All is quiet so I'm thinking that there may be action stations! Very exciting smile

Chocolateteabag Wed 04-Dec-13 20:47:20

Oops sorry Blackholes blush - my brain is going truly sieve like. I should have just looked at the stats list. Of course you've been on here for aaaaggees

christine - weirdly my SPD/PGP has got loads better over the last 3-4 weeks. I now get cracking back ache if I do too much but can at least walk/waddle without too much fanjo agony.

So I now have bag packed and everything bought, will that jinx me to be late?

ChristineDaae Wed 04-Dec-13 20:49:12

How far on are you chocolate? Mine has been getting steadily worse.
Looks like its happening for Janie finally smile

Tomkat79 Wed 04-Dec-13 20:55:11

Just in bed with my bounty pack ovaltine freebie. My god I feel like an old woman brew

Polka2 Wed 04-Dec-13 20:56:11

Pixie poor you I'm the same about phoning in sick so eating 1000mg vit c like they're going out of fashion as the lurgy's going around the office!

I got a mountain urban jungle buggy with cot too, as we live on a farm so needed something sturdy for off road ing!

Met anaesthetist (my last GA they mentioned it was hard) he said to consider epidural as might be easier than being knocked out?! Went to delivery suite to meet him and it made me realise the reality of what's happening (I've not dared to think it before!)

TeaAndANatter Wed 04-Dec-13 21:05:47

Very good saggy! Made me smirk for ages.

Good luck Janie

Pixielady83 Wed 04-Dec-13 21:15:58

ooh mountain buggy sounds good polka! should be pretty sturdy. I didn't realise we could have vit c, will get some down me next time I struggle up!

christine what did they cover in your pgp support group? <curious> chocolate that's good yours has got better - mine got bit better at the end last time, they thought it was because DD was engaged therefore stabilising pelvis although as she was firmly feet down I'm not sure what would have engaged! maybe her bottom?!

tomkat I really want ovaltine now!

Hope janie is doing ok fsmile

Pixielady83 Wed 04-Dec-13 21:18:35

forgot to say, nerdy I am well impressed with your calmness. Go girl! I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and I think they had some possible explanations for the bleeding didn't they. Hope the zen-state stays with you xx

Polka2 Wed 04-Dec-13 21:30:13

God pixie I hope/think its ok as vit c just gets peed out if you don't use it?! I hope it's ok.

Nerdy you're being very brave and a tincy drop sounds finewink

Penguinita Wed 04-Dec-13 21:33:09

Good luck janie! Maybe baby janie is here by now? Lol at you trying to put the Xmas tree up whilst in labour, that will be something to tell your little one every year when you get the decorations out! grin

Just found out that I could get made redundant whilst on maternity leave. I thought I was protected legally but apparently not, as they will offer me a job at the other end of the country and if I choose not to take it then that is my problem apparently. After 13 years with the company I could suddenly only have less than 100 days left. Rather worried and stressed now. sad

Chocolateteabag Wed 04-Dec-13 22:43:39

christine - I'm 38+2 - getting closer to the top of the list!
I thought my SPD was helped by me really consciously not trying to walk too far or do too much. But Pixie your point about engaged head also makes sense. He was transverse at 28 weeks, head down at 32 and that was when everything started to get a lot better.
Obviously I then try to do too much and get sore back in a matter of minutes.

Penguin that is awful! I would really advise you speak to an employment solicitor if you can manage it or look on the employment forum here to ensure you are getting the correct/deal from them. It's amazing how many companies don't do things "by the book". Like you need that stress right now though!

This thread is not accepting new messages.