Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Being prepared for home birth? What do I need?

(180 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Mon 02-Dec-13 22:59:39

Also having a hospital bag just in case ... (Dc3, first potential hb)

Shaky Fri 13-Dec-13 19:21:57

Penguins yes, I agree. If you have had very fast labours in the past, it perfectly reasonable to ask for the midwife to come out to you as soon as you think you are in labour.

littleraysofsunshine Sat 14-Dec-13 22:06:46

If you have dc's already, how did it go with the about if no childcare was arranged? Or if they were in bed, did you wake them? I generally remember in my last two labours that I was pretty calm, but let out about two swear words when the head was crowning lol I really would love a cool, calm birth at home... No idea what's happening now as I've posted on another thread about my BH's.. And I may have a risk of preterm labour not definite. But may. Just can't bring myself to have the test as I just feel like I'm provoking fate confused

PenguinsDontEatStollen Sat 14-Dec-13 22:09:15

In my case DD1 was asleep upstairs. DH resettled her once or twice when I got loud and woke her, but I was very quiet at the end and she woke up in the morning to a new sister.

I saw your other thread. Have my fingers crossed for you. x

littleraysofsunshine Fri 27-Dec-13 22:59:14

Still here. Baby pushing down lots but four more weeks to go...

I just can't seem to get organised /mentally prepared. I still can't feel 100% on home birth sad

littleraysofsunshine Sun 05-Jan-14 22:03:13

Midwife has now said she prefers if I get to the MLU as I had the bleed with dd1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now