Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone not get morning sickness with dc2 even though you had it with dc1?

(15 Posts)
AuditAngel Sat 30-Nov-13 11:46:08

With DS no sickness. Put on no weight as felt sick if I over-ate.
With DD1 no sickness. Put on no weight as with DS.

DD2, got morning sickness (but wasn't actually sick) put on weight as eating every 3 hours helped with the nausea.

I was pretty worried DD2 was twins!

DS I felt terrible, hospitalised to get fluids, so, so sick.

Dd exactly the same. Hardly made to work in first trimester.

I am 9 weeks pregnant now and have felt a bit queasy a couple of times but nothing really in comparison with previous pregnancies. Getting lots of stretching pain today though.

CrazyThursday Wed 27-Nov-13 12:26:46

Well I feel a tad queasier today but am eating my way through it grin. Really hoping this is as bad as it gets!!

whatsagoodusername Wed 27-Nov-13 07:50:21

I was sick at least twice daily with DC1 for about three months. I was queasy with DC2 for about two weeks and threw up at most a dozen times. Which was very fortunate as they were only a year apart so DC1 was only four-five months when that was going on and already on the move and I did not have time to be sick that much.

cheeseandpineapple Wed 27-Nov-13 07:43:06

Felt bone tired and sick for first trimester with my DS. Pregnant two years later with DD and absolutely fine,had a holiday to the US booked before finding out about pregnancy and had a great time, no jet lag, no fatigue, felt great!

basgetti Wed 27-Nov-13 07:42:18

I had hyperemisis with DC1, ended up hospitalised twice. I'm now 13 weeks with DC2 and so far all I've had is a bit of queasiness a few times with certain smells and not been sick once. I hope it lasts!

SpiderStacy Wed 27-Nov-13 07:30:37

I felt sick for the whole of my first pregnancy (hardly gained any weight). With my second I felt slightly queasy on and off for a week or two - nothing that couldn't be settled by nibbling on an oatcake. Hope you have an easier time this pregnancy.

CrazyThursday Wed 27-Nov-13 07:26:06

Excellent news!!!

Weegiemum Wed 27-Nov-13 06:48:09

With dd1 (now 13) I threw up pretty much everything until 16 weeks.

With ds (now 11) I wasn't even a tiny bit nauseous.

With dd2 (10 tomorrow, how did that happen?) I was vaguely sick but had other painful problems that masked the sickness.

3bunnies Wed 27-Nov-13 06:47:24

Had it with dd1 and ds but no symptoms at all with dd2.

CrazyThursday Wed 27-Nov-13 06:44:54

Ok so there is a little hope.

I felt so rotten last time and did throw up a few times. As it was just DH and then (ie pre DD) I am dreading feeling grotty with a 2 year old to look after too....

Strongecoffeeismydrug Tue 26-Nov-13 18:21:38

I had morning sickness with dc1 for the full nine monthshmm.even the midwife said its gunna be a girl they always make you sick( she was right)wink
Dc2 I had no sickness at all and same midwife said boy lol ( she was right)
I'm now 30 weeks pregnant with dc3 and had no sickness at all, but bang goes the midwives theory as this ones a girl grin.

AlwaysDancing1234 Tue 26-Nov-13 16:28:16

I'm the other way around! Only light morning nausea with DC1 but this time pregnancy (9 weeks) I feel sick constantly! I think just enjoy not having it!

ClaimedByMe Tue 26-Nov-13 16:12:16

I had it the opposite way, nothing with dc1 and awful nausea with dc2, when I went to the gp to confirm my pregnancy he was an old man and when I mentioned the nausea he asked what dc1 was and I said a girl and he said well this one will be a boy and he was right, freaked me out, still freaks me out and ds is nearly 9!

CrazyThursday Tue 26-Nov-13 16:09:05

Or am I fooling myself?

I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and have felt a tiny bit queasy and light headed yesterday and today. With DD I had horrid all day nausea from 6-17 weeks, so feel like I'm waiting for it to kick in properly any minute.....

But I'd love to hear positive stories of NO morning sickness second time around after suffering first time.

Please tell me it's possible!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now