Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

come cheer me up/moan about how shit late third trimester is...

(105 Posts)
WhisperMen Sun 24-Nov-13 11:57:31

I am 36+3 and I am FED UP.

I keep having stupid niggly pains that mean I can't get comfy and I swear the baby is stabbing my cervix with a knife. The thought of potentially another 5/6 weeks of this depresses the hell out of me.

I have had a shower and just put clean pyjamas on because I can't be bothered with today.

Anyone else miserable?

WhisperMen Sun 01-Dec-13 15:12:25

yes yes we shall yoga grin

yogafan Sun 01-Dec-13 14:00:50

Oh whisper, good luck.

Shall we add 'mindfuck of balancing imminent possibility of labour with weeks and weeks more waiting' to the list?

LittlePeaPod Sun 01-Dec-13 06:37:44

Oh Whisper just read your update. I ad (still have a little bit) awful back ache yesterday following a marathon nursery spring clean. I totally sympathise. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

quackojuliet Sat 30-Nov-13 23:27:36

Good thinking batman. I just reread your op and see you are past 37 wks - good luck!

NomDeClavier Sat 30-Nov-13 23:27:05

sad whisper

I shall join in with the general uncomfiness and beached whale feeling. 36+5 I think, I stopped counting, it was too depressing.

WhisperMen Sat 30-Nov-13 23:21:11

I think I am going to try having a nap and seeing if it kicks off or not. I figure if it is real labour then I'll be woken up and if it's nothing then least I will have had some sleep.

quackojuliet Sat 30-Nov-13 23:14:48

Whisper, could it be early labour? Maybe get checked out if its getting worse...

WhisperMen Sat 30-Nov-13 23:04:08

ouch ouch fuckity ouch. I have been having backache and period pains all day and they're getting worse. Paracetamol and a bath have done sod all sad

Blondie276 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:08:49

Hello all! Ok ots my due date today- and not a whimper or sign of anything happening so officially late now- and my nov baby is now not!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ( and owwwwwww) is all I have to say!
Had the daily fustrated cry this morning so bring on tmrw......

yogafan Sat 30-Nov-13 20:17:27

Grrrr heartburn. I've been having it on and off for a while now, every time I think it's shifted the bugger returns. Yesterday it was teamed with reflux, actually being sick, and nausea. Nice. Felt like my whole upper torso was on fire, like being burned by sick.
I've also started to itch - not all over so hopefully not a liver problem, but just enough to be SO ANNOYING! Seeing midwife tomorrow so will moan to her...
Hope you all have a bit of respite from these monstrous symptoms tonight, fingers crossed...

LittlePeaPod Sat 30-Nov-13 20:03:52

Felx flowers for the heartburn. Its pants!

Felix90 Sat 30-Nov-13 19:56:42

Currently suffering with heartburn from hell confused AHHHHHHH

LittlePeaPod Sat 30-Nov-13 19:54:08

That should be "the nursery is finally finished"

LittlePeaPod Sat 30-Nov-13 19:53:38

So I am back for a good moan! The nurserybisnfinally ready. Yeaaa so today I decided to clean it and start moving her in... Cleaned and disinfected everything and got a few bits in there (notvyet finished). Well you would think I had been getting sucker punched in my lower back y Mike Tyson my back is so so so sore!!! sad

OnlyThePurpleOnes Fri 29-Nov-13 19:09:10

Signing up to pregnant-miseries-R -us. 33 weeks (is that all!?) feel tight, lumpy, nauseous, hungry, and planet-like. Small objects are starting to orbit me. I have my own gravitational field. And I'm pretty sure I'm being a total bitch to everyone. My first pregnancy was a dream - I'm not too sure what's happened this time around, but I'm more than ready to be done.

WhisperMen Fri 29-Nov-13 14:25:55

37+1 and still no baby <scowls> I'm exhausted today but dutifully bouncing on the exercise ball.
discovered today that sainsbury's is closing today until the 9th Dec due to refurbishment stuff. It is the only supermarket near us, all of the others require an expensive taxi ride. FFS! How am I meant to eat now?!

MatryoshkaDoll Fri 29-Nov-13 14:16:19

cake to everyone btw!

MatryoshkaDoll Fri 29-Nov-13 14:15:38

I'm so exhausted I can't imagine ever having the energy to give birth.

yogafan Fri 29-Nov-13 14:14:05

Oh, please can I join in? So far week 38 of pregnsncy has brought me:

-A twisted ankle (thanks loose ligaments, just when I thought running after a 2 year old couldn't get any harder)
-crushing exhaustion, but my hips ache, belly seizes up and heartburn strikes when I lie down. And then I'm stuck for ages like a beached whale trying to adjust my position through grunting, grimacing and desperate lunging.
-vomiting in the morning, followed by a day of nausea

I want this to end, but the thought of going through labour followed by looking after a newborn (and toddler) while I'm this wretched is terrifying!

MatryoshkaDoll Fri 29-Nov-13 14:00:20

Sucks doesn't it? Why, when my body needs sleep more than ever, does it insist on waking me up at 4am every day?

On the up side I got in from work last night and DP was half way through putting together the chest of drawers for the baby. God, my nesting urges have been so strong I could've sat on his face out of gratitude and joy at that moment in time.

Then he tipped me over the edge by saying 'shall we paint the bedroom this weekend?'. Music to my ears.

LittlePeaPod Fri 29-Nov-13 13:55:18

Matry oh feeling for you in the sleep. I have suffered with insomnia on and off. It's awful... flowers

MatryoshkaDoll Fri 29-Nov-13 12:17:46

Yes to the peeing thing.

Had a MW appointment this morning. I love hearing that heartbeat smile
STBDD is measuring one centimetre longer than she should be at this stage. So she's a long one.

Had a terrible night's sleep last night. Woke up at 4am for no reason at all and couldn't get back to sleep because of achy hips and crushed diaphragm making it hard to breathe.

Today I want to eat all the food in the world.

34 + 3

LittlePeaPod Fri 29-Nov-13 12:03:38

How are you all doing today? It's seems today my thing is constantly needing a pee but when I actually go.....there's nothing there... Not frustrating at all!! hmm

MatryoshkaDoll Thu 28-Nov-13 21:14:05

I cannot cannot cannot fucking STAND people being in the kitchen at the same time as me when I'm at work.

If I see it's empty I'll take the opportunity to make a cup of tea and inevitably two or three people will come in and start pissing around, getting in my way.

For some reason I feel massively territorial over this space. If someone else comes in I have to leave and wait till they've gone before I can go back and finish what I'm doing.

lovelilies Thu 28-Nov-13 18:40:40

SPD is killing me sad sad sad
Got a proper waddle going on! Parked about 300m away from school today and struggled to walk back! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now