Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

come cheer me up/moan about how shit late third trimester is...

(105 Posts)
WhisperMen Sun 24-Nov-13 11:57:31

I am 36+3 and I am FED UP.

I keep having stupid niggly pains that mean I can't get comfy and I swear the baby is stabbing my cervix with a knife. The thought of potentially another 5/6 weeks of this depresses the hell out of me.

I have had a shower and just put clean pyjamas on because I can't be bothered with today.

Anyone else miserable?

LittlePeaPod Sun 24-Nov-13 22:29:09

34 +3 here... Insomnia and tonight I have been limping about all night because I have shooting, stabbing pains in my lower back and right butt cheek. Hurts like hell. Not sure if its a trapped nerve or sciatica.

Also my BH have started getting stronger and painful. On Thursday night they were so strong and painful they woke me up at 11pm and they didn't stop till 3.30am. I woke DH up at 1am because I thought it was Pre-term labour. He called the hospital and they said hot bath and paracetamol. blush. We have consultant appointment tomorrow so hopefully find out CS date. I think having an end date will really help me...

I could moan some more but I won't.. All I will say is I am so looking forward to things getting worse the bigger our DD grows over the next few weeks. Yeeeaaaaaaa sad

ipswichwitch Mon 25-Nov-13 09:15:52

I'm 37+2 with bastard carpal tunnel syndrome that's getting worse by the minute - half the time I can't feel my hands, the other half they are so painful I'm contemplating chopping the buggers off. I can't get comfy anywhere, I can't sleep (badly sleeping 2 yo not helping there). I'm massive, knackered and have no appetite for food other than total shite. This baby will have a black belt in everything by the time it's born judging by all the constant kicking. It's like that scene in Alien with John Hurt....

WhisperMen Mon 25-Nov-13 10:52:26

I just came to shout that pregnancy fucking sucks and I hate it. Why do we do it? There must be an easier way to make babies by now?

38+3 today.

Ugh.
Just.
UGHH.

<cries in the corner for no particular reason>

Felix90 Mon 25-Nov-13 11:19:39

34 weeks and hate the thought that I could potentially have another 8 weeks of this. SPD is crippling me and I'm sick of being stuck in the house because I literally cannot walk further than a few meters. Last night I cried my eyes out because I couldn't sleep because of the pain. And we are moving house in 2 weeks time confused

WhisperMen Mon 25-Nov-13 11:29:41

<goes and sits and cried with upthe>

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 25-Nov-13 12:20:58

I think the fact that we're all looking forward to the agony of childbirth speaks volumes.

My doctor offered me paracetamol for my SPD - if I could lift my foot off the ground I'd have kicked her hard in the shins. I WANT THE GOOD DRUGS!

Felix90 Mon 25-Nov-13 12:27:33

Why on earth do they tell you to take paracetamol when it's not even an anti-inflammatory? It's the most frustrating thing ever. I'd be better off necking smarties than damn paracetamol angry

13loki Mon 25-Nov-13 12:32:56

39 +1. over it. At most 20 days left. And DD (who is 3) will nap at childminders, will nap when Daddy is home, but will not nap for me. I want a shower! Well, I want a bath, but I don't have a bath in my house. Seriously contemplating getting a hotel room with a bath on the weekend and leaving DH with the kids while I lay in the bath and sleep.

Still, at least since stopping work I no longer need codeine to move.

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 25-Nov-13 12:34:20

Oh I'd never even thought of that. She said it was for pain management but I am in agony, paracetamol wouldn't touch it. I asked was she advising me to take 2 paracetamol every 4 hours, 7 days a week for the next 6-8 weeks and she made a comment about how they need to be taken regularly for them to work.

To me that level of paracetamol would be hideous.

Felix90 Mon 25-Nov-13 12:38:09

I'd feel uncomfortable taking that amount of paracetamol too. They can prescribe codeine if the pain gets really bad, but my GP is quite against it and said he wants to avoid it getting to that stage hmm

LittlePeaPod Mon 25-Nov-13 14:32:59

I am back... It's 2.32pm and I have a shed load of stuff to do but sat here struggling to get going because I feel utterly exhausted and drained all of a sudden... FFS, it never ends!

WhisperMen Mon 25-Nov-13 14:50:52

I'm back in bed after my mw appointment. sent dp out to do me some food shopping. nap time here we come

LittlePeaPod Mon 25-Nov-13 14:55:00

Wisper I am so jealous... Just about to drag my tired self out now.... sad

WhisperMen Mon 25-Nov-13 15:25:18

don't be too jealous. I don't think I'll be able to nap. my brain wont switch off and I've got horrendous cramps. sad

WhisperMen Mon 25-Nov-13 19:04:15

FUCKS SAKE CRAMPS PISS THE FUCK OFF NOW! angry

hope everyone is alright

MatryoshkaDoll Mon 25-Nov-13 21:29:44

I had a massive tantrum over cooking dinner tonight for no real reason. Ended up storming off and shutting myself in the bedroom.

I want to clean everything all the time.

At night I can't breathe properly (anaemic, despite being on hardcore iron tablets) and I have about 3 or 4 dizzy spells a day where I feel like I'm going to pass out.

33 + 6 and counting...

lovelilies Mon 25-Nov-13 21:42:24

Utterly fed up here too, 33+1 sad
was on antenatal ward til 3am today with tightenings, been overdoing it, so now signed off work for the last 2 week til mat leave. I actually feel sad that I never said bye to everyone! been looking forward to finishing for ages and now I have it's such an anticlimax!hmm
Also dp is away in Australia so its just me and dd, I thought we'd have a lovely girly time while he's away but I'm just an achy, tired grumpy old boot!
Poor dd, wants her old mum back.
brew and thanks to everyone else feeling like a big pile of steaming dog shit.

Felix90 Mon 25-Nov-13 21:48:33

Lovelilies I'm the same! I have been signed off right up to my last day of maternity leave so never even said bye to anyone and I keep worrying about my special mug and hand cream that's left on my desk at work haha. I've also got a mega stash of nice tea bags in my desk drawers! hmm

lovelilies Mon 25-Nov-13 22:09:38

Felix I will probably pop in this week (to do timesheet and give them the sick note!) and say bye...
Can't even make it to the xmas meal out, as dd is singing in a concert same evening!
And now.I.have heartburn sad angry

LittlePeaPod Tue 26-Nov-13 02:17:25

Well its 2.17am and the insomnia has kicked in again....

Whisper what kind of cramps are you getting? Is it leg etc. cramps?

MiserableCowWhenUpTheDuff Tue 26-Nov-13 02:45:33

9 days overdue and mnetting a 3am...

Yes I would say its safe to say, I'm bloody miserable!!!

I don't have any particular moans other than the wide awake for no reason at all almost every single night... It wouldn't be so bad if I could get up and do something but that would wake the rest of the house up! :-/ x

everythinghippie29 Tue 26-Nov-13 03:06:44

38 and 4 now...Can't sleep. Kept getting awful cramps in my left butt cheek earlier and a little bit of period type pain. I got all excited but nothing since this evening and no other signs so don't think it was anything significant.

Heartburn but have ran out of Rennie...noooo

I would kill for a decent nights sleep and for the insane urge to clean everything all the time would let up.

Nice to know I'm not alone, hope you all feel more comfy soon! thanks

LittlePeaPod Tue 26-Nov-13 03:12:14

mserable and everything. Hopefully we will all go back to sleep soon! flowers

WhisperMen Tue 26-Nov-13 09:45:53

littlepeapod it's cramps at the bottom of my bump. had them for 3 days now off and on and they are bloody annoying.

hope you all got some more sleep ladies. Tiredness is a bitch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now