Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnacare making me sick anyone else?

(15 Posts)
cocinelle Mon 25-Nov-13 13:08:13

they make me sick too - but apparently they are the best formulated pregnancy multi vits available. I take them before bed now, and hope i manage to fall asleep before it kicks in!

having said that, i'm sure that you really only need to take folic acid.. I'm only taking them again because I had a wobble early on about not giving DC2 the same 'advantages' as DC1. PREGNANCY MAKES YOU IRRATIONAL!!

Windywinston Mon 25-Nov-13 00:00:46

Pregnacare always made me sick. I take Tesco pregnancy multivitamin plus and have no problems at all.

Kyrptonite Fri 22-Nov-13 21:20:44

They used to make me sick. I used this to back up my time off work for morning sickness by taking them as I got to work then dashing off to be sick. My work are not sympathetic to pregnancy.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 22-Nov-13 20:44:14

I found I didn't get on very well with Pregnacare. I swapped to Sanatogen 'mum to be' and I am much better.

rachyconks Fri 22-Nov-13 20:28:27

This happened to me in my previous pregnancy. I was sick until 23 weeks and miraculously it stopped the day I quit taking the tablets!

This time I only took folic acid. Midwife recommended vitamin d, omega 3&6 and iodine sups too! I didn't bother and everything seems fine. She mentioned iron too, but according to the consultant my iron & haemoglobin are "lovely, lovely" so I haven't taken them either. Such a naughty mummy!

LoveWine Fri 22-Nov-13 20:20:24

I was also getting sick from Pregnacare (always took them on full stomach) so stopped and have been taking just folic acid. I'm wondering if I should start again now that the nausea had disappeared, but thus time try taking them after dinner.

ThisIsMeNow Fri 22-Nov-13 20:14:03

I always took them as I got into bed at night.

McBaby Fri 22-Nov-13 20:11:59

I always take them after food time to try another brand I think.

ThenAgain Fri 22-Nov-13 19:18:50

Yes, they made my morning sickness almost unbearable, like being poisoned. Much better on other brands. Made no difference if I took it with food or not.

MyMILisfromHELL Fri 22-Nov-13 19:14:23

Pregnacare is the best pre natal supplement IME.

MyMILisfromHELL Fri 22-Nov-13 19:13:29

Have you been taking them on a full tummy? If not, taking a hig h dose of vit b9/other vit b will make you feel queasy.

FigEater Fri 22-Nov-13 19:11:59

Some sorts did but not others, for me sanatogen multi vits were ok. Own brand all made me vom, annoying as they're much cheaper.

Kyrptonite Fri 22-Nov-13 19:09:11

Did you eat before you took it?

McBaby Fri 22-Nov-13 19:07:17

I stopped taking pregnant care and started taking the mini folic acid tablets in the first trimester as I had horrible morning sickness and was being sick soon after taking them ... I am nearly 18 weeks but took one today as morning sickness weet a few weeks ago .... And I have been sick 3 times today.

I have been taking the sane pills through previous pregnancy and up to getting pregnant as I was still breastfeeding but never felt like this.

McBaby Fri 22-Nov-13 19:04:25

I st

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now