Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnacare making me sick anyone else?

(15 Posts)
McBaby Fri 22-Nov-13 19:04:25

I st

McBaby Fri 22-Nov-13 19:07:17

I stopped taking pregnant care and started taking the mini folic acid tablets in the first trimester as I had horrible morning sickness and was being sick soon after taking them ... I am nearly 18 weeks but took one today as morning sickness weet a few weeks ago .... And I have been sick 3 times today.

I have been taking the sane pills through previous pregnancy and up to getting pregnant as I was still breastfeeding but never felt like this.

Kyrptonite Fri 22-Nov-13 19:09:11

Did you eat before you took it?

FigEater Fri 22-Nov-13 19:11:59

Some sorts did but not others, for me sanatogen multi vits were ok. Own brand all made me vom, annoying as they're much cheaper.

MyMILisfromHELL Fri 22-Nov-13 19:13:29

Have you been taking them on a full tummy? If not, taking a hig h dose of vit b9/other vit b will make you feel queasy.

MyMILisfromHELL Fri 22-Nov-13 19:14:23

Pregnacare is the best pre natal supplement IME.

ThenAgain Fri 22-Nov-13 19:18:50

Yes, they made my morning sickness almost unbearable, like being poisoned. Much better on other brands. Made no difference if I took it with food or not.

McBaby Fri 22-Nov-13 20:11:59

I always take them after food time to try another brand I think.

ThisIsMeNow Fri 22-Nov-13 20:14:03

I always took them as I got into bed at night.

LoveWine Fri 22-Nov-13 20:20:24

I was also getting sick from Pregnacare (always took them on full stomach) so stopped and have been taking just folic acid. I'm wondering if I should start again now that the nausea had disappeared, but thus time try taking them after dinner.

rachyconks Fri 22-Nov-13 20:28:27

This happened to me in my previous pregnancy. I was sick until 23 weeks and miraculously it stopped the day I quit taking the tablets!

This time I only took folic acid. Midwife recommended vitamin d, omega 3&6 and iodine sups too! I didn't bother and everything seems fine. She mentioned iron too, but according to the consultant my iron & haemoglobin are "lovely, lovely" so I haven't taken them either. Such a naughty mummy!

Writerwannabe83 Fri 22-Nov-13 20:44:14

I found I didn't get on very well with Pregnacare. I swapped to Sanatogen 'mum to be' and I am much better.

Kyrptonite Fri 22-Nov-13 21:20:44

They used to make me sick. I used this to back up my time off work for morning sickness by taking them as I got to work then dashing off to be sick. My work are not sympathetic to pregnancy.

Windywinston Mon 25-Nov-13 00:00:46

Pregnacare always made me sick. I take Tesco pregnancy multivitamin plus and have no problems at all.

cocinelle Mon 25-Nov-13 13:08:13

they make me sick too - but apparently they are the best formulated pregnancy multi vits available. I take them before bed now, and hope i manage to fall asleep before it kicks in!

having said that, i'm sure that you really only need to take folic acid.. I'm only taking them again because I had a wobble early on about not giving DC2 the same 'advantages' as DC1. PREGNANCY MAKES YOU IRRATIONAL!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now