Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stabbing dagger like pains in lower back

(9 Posts)
RenterNomad Fri 22-Nov-13 19:18:41

Haha, stealth iPhone boast! That sounds more cheerful already! grin

LadyMedea Fri 22-Nov-13 19:18:29

That sounds like your sacroiliac joint misbehaving as part of pelvic girdle pain. Get yourself referred for physio and get a proper support belt - it's the only thing, along with heat pads, that has made a difference to my lower back pain. When not pregnant I've found certain exercises work but pressure of baby and the impact of relaxin pregnancy hormones seem to make them ineffective for me at the mo.

LottyLikesWindows Fri 22-Nov-13 19:11:06

Growing! Damn you, iPhone!

LottyLikesWindows Fri 22-Nov-13 18:38:40

Thanks ever so much ladies. Good suggestions! I'm so with you both - the pain is getting unbearable and I just can't wait to meet my little baby and for this pregnancy to finally come to an end. It's very hard groaning a little person! Thank you for taking time to post.

RenterNomad Fri 22-Nov-13 18:13:10

I had shooting pains which were Pelvic Girdle Pain (previously called SPD). The midwide referred me fir physio - any chance of that for you?

Otherwise, make an effort to do postnatal pilates/yoga. I think many postnatal ones will let you take your baby, so no childcare issues.

In the meantime, swim if you can, take baths and keeo the pressure off as much as possible. Good luck - the pain is vile. sad

AFergie Fri 22-Nov-13 18:05:49

Im so miserable at the moment, I have so many aches and pains, and those cramps/ pressure I get in my bladder are sooo uncomfortable so i really understand how you feel.
Just have long baths, nice food, massages and rest.

We are so nearly there !!!

xxx

LottyLikesWindows Fri 22-Nov-13 16:37:31

Thanks Afergie. Been avoiding walking far, just feels so crippling. Midwives I see don't normally have too many suggestions. Guess I'm looking for a miracle cure, which is most probably giving birth and not being a massive pregnant ball any longer...

AFergie Fri 22-Nov-13 16:34:18

Im 35 weeks and I get really strong pressure like pains on my bladder and the very lower part of my bump when I walk anything more than 5 minutes. So I just try and walk as little as possible..

As long as the pain isnt constant or coming and going I would suggest you just put your feet up and rest.

If you are worried you could always call your Midwife?

Good luck !!

LottyLikesWindows Fri 22-Nov-13 16:30:55

I'm nearly 34 weeks but measuring couple of weeks ahead. Feeling and looking absolutely massive and having really painful lower back pains each time I walk any distance.

Is anyone else going through this? Anything you can suggest to ease the pain? Trying not to take pain killers and currently finding that sitting on an exercise ball makes it a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now