Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

growth scans, any advice or personal experiences?

(7 Posts)
caitlinsurrey Sat 23-Nov-13 09:40:18

Hi, I just had a growth scan at 34 weeks as they said he was 2 weeks bigger, turns out he's only 5 pounds and quite small. I give up listening to advice from ppl.

daughterofafarmer Fri 22-Nov-13 22:23:04

With DD I had a growth scan and they told me..ohh a lovely 7lb you have here. 9lb 13oz at birth shock

currently I am measuring a week behind, frankly I'm not worried after DD birth weight. However I do know this baby is very long. Growth scan next week so interested to see what they say this time....

Take it with a pinch of salt.

Cariad007 Fri 22-Nov-13 21:46:48

I've got the opposite problem I'm measuring small for dates so have a growth scan booked for Tuesday, when I'll be 29 weeks. Am trying not to worry too much as I'm fairly tall and go to the gym a lot so have strong stomach muscles. Also, the women in my family don't have big babies - my siblings and I were all under 7lb and my brother's daughters were under 6lb.

My growth scan was seriously inaccurate! DC was almost a while lb lighter than predicted.

terilou87 Fri 22-Nov-13 17:22:23

I'm having growth scans too, did they tell you the estimated weight? I'm also 33 weeks had 1at 28 weeks and one last Wednesday, x

Strongecoffeeismydrug Fri 22-Nov-13 17:01:00

I'm 29 weeks with baby number 3 and she's measuring 4 weeks bigger just like her brother and sister did!
I just seem to grow them big is what the consultant said but I do get a few extra scans and number 2 and this one will be born by c section as I had trouble delivering number 1.

yasminejamilla Fri 22-Nov-13 16:08:52

Hey, I had a growth scan at 28 weeks and they think shes big! Im 33 weeks now and got another growth scan at 36 weeks, shes measuring 4 weeks bigger than she should they reckon, anyone else had this? If so what happened in the end?

Advice and personal experiences pleasesmile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now