Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sweep at 36 weeks effective??

(2 Posts)
Mena1 Fri 22-Nov-13 14:23:15

After a horrible pregnancy and multiple visits/stays at the hospital my obs wants to give me a sweep at 36 weeks. I am 34+6 and am fed up with pregnancy and just ready to meet the little one and get on with things. This is my 2nd LO. Had 2 sweeps with my 1st LO but didnt stimulate labour. How effective is a sweep with 2nd LO? They say 2nd baby usually comes much quicker than 1st. Just wondering if there is a greater chance of me going into labour after the sweep.

terilou87 Fri 22-Nov-13 14:35:37

I think sweeps are easier to do after you have already had a baby but iv no idea how successful it would be, I have 4 dc and can honestly say sweeps have never worked for me, I had one with dc1,3&4, however I always agree to them just incase they do work. usually fed up of pregnancy by the time they offer and will try anything to get lo out. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now