Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tears 2nd birth

(13 Posts)
TeamEdward Sat 23-Nov-13 16:16:26

I wasn't even offered a elcs.

I did have lots of salty baths, or with lavender and tea tree oils.

Tea1Sugar Sat 23-Nov-13 16:11:25

Dd1 back to back and 3a tear
Dd2 due in April, consultant has agreed elcs

cravingcake Sat 23-Nov-13 00:48:10

DS was forceps, episiotomy & 4th degree tear.
DC2, due in january and will be elcs.

I was told that scar tissue doesnt stretch the same as normal skin so its likely i could tear again, but also because that area has already been stretched during my first birth i may not tear. <unhelpful emoticon>

TeamEdward Fri 22-Nov-13 23:31:41

That is, the original ep. scar tissue tore with DC2.

TeamEdward Fri 22-Nov-13 23:31:07

DC1 - an episiotomy and forceps delivery.
DC2 - 9lb 9oz & seven hour labour led to a 3rd degree tear.

The tear & resulting stitches healed a lot better than the episiotomy.

EXTERMINATEpeppa Fri 22-Nov-13 23:29:33

first 5 internal stitches
7external.

second-not even a grazesmile

SidandAndyssextoy Fri 22-Nov-13 23:28:08

First birth internal second degree tear. Second birth 'paper cut'.

lookingfoxy Fri 22-Nov-13 23:26:29

First dc 2nd degree inside and out. 2nd dc nothing.

2Labradors Fri 22-Nov-13 23:23:10

With my 1st she was also back to back and I was cut and she was delivered by forceps. I remember the pain afterwards and still couldn't sit properly more than 6 weeks after the birth.

With my 2nd baby, I had a natural birth and needed only 4 stitches, hardly any pain afterwards.

Currently 39 weeks with my 3rd and am really hoping that I don't tear much again.

Hope your appointment goes well.

Iwish Fri 22-Nov-13 15:07:42

Thanks ladies. I don't know what the meeting with the consultant will be like or what will be suggested but we will see. I'm panicking that when my DS was born at that gestation he was 7lb 4oz so this time if my DD is overdue she could be huge and I could have a worse tear sad

chillykitty Fri 22-Nov-13 14:54:59

I had 2nd degree tear with both
With first very sore etc
With second much better hardly sore atall

terilou87 Fri 22-Nov-13 14:27:30

I tore with my first vb (2nd dc) but not anything significant, needed a few stitches but with 2nd and 3rd I didn't even get anything. 3rd was also b2b.

Iwish Fri 22-Nov-13 13:31:15

Hi ladies!

Just after a bit of advice. I have an appt with a consultant next week to discuss the type of delivery for my second baby. I'm currently 34+4.

My first baby was born at 37+6 after my waters going at 37+4. He was back to back and I ended up in theatre with vontous and a 3rd degree tear/cut.

What happened with your second baby? Was the tear better, worse or did you not have one at all?

Thanks xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now