Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Freezing cold

(14 Posts)
GingerPCatt Fri 22-Nov-13 10:23:05

When I was pg with DS over the winter in 2011 I was always hot and hardly wore a coat. Maybe it was the constants heartburn. I'm pg again and I'm always fucking freezing. We have the heating on as normal but last night I had on several layers a huge jumper my hat and the heating pad and blanket as I watched tv. DH says he's perfectly comfortable and it's not cold. Has anyone else had such temperature extremes? I don't remember anyone mentioning being cold as a pg symptom. Brrrr

Banana79 Fri 22-Nov-13 11:15:50

me too I am frreeezing. Normally I am always hot, can't stand the heating but since being pg I am wearing 3 jumpers 2 pairs of socks and a blanket with the heating on and am still freezing. V strange!

Writerwannabe83 Fri 22-Nov-13 11:18:00

I'm cold too!!

During the day I have to have the heating on and I still wear my thick dressing gown over my clothes too!!! I wear thick bed socks during the day as well [ smile]

I'm dreading our heating bill arriving as I think my husband may have a heart attack!! grin

Marrow Fri 22-Nov-13 11:23:36

I am normally a warm person but when pregnant with DD was freezing all the time. My fingernails were always blue. It didn't happen with DS though.

Romily Fri 22-Nov-13 11:28:56

I seem to swing from one to the other atm and am always the opposite ego anyone else in the room!

MrsFlorrick Fri 22-Nov-13 11:36:26

With my DD I was super hot and sweaty.

With my DS I was freezing cold all the time. Just couldn't keep warm.

Both pregnancies were exactly the same time of year too.

kittygirl33 Fri 22-Nov-13 12:12:10

So glad other people are experiencing this! I'm nearly 12 weeks and I am freezing all the time. I'm quite a cold person at the best of times, but pregnancy seems to have taken it to a whole new level! I thought I was going mad as your body temperature is supposed to go up?!

GingerPCatt Fri 22-Nov-13 13:56:02

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm wondering if since I was hot with DS that maybe this time it's a girl.

TwickyWoo Fri 22-Nov-13 21:51:02

I am naturally cold. In the first trimester I felt freezing all the time. No amount of clothes or heating made any difference.

TwickyWoo Fri 22-Nov-13 21:52:37

(Pressed too soon!)

Since being in the second trimester and beyond I'm warm, even got, most of the time which feels really strange. Loving the baby furnace in this cold weather. smile

xmotherndaughterx Sat 23-Nov-13 17:39:18

Im 17wks and have been freezing the whole time, I thought I was the only one as you only hear of ppl being too hot in pregnancy, im sitting here now fully clothed with thick bed socks slippers n dressing gown lol heating is on max it is madness x

Charotte31 Sat 23-Nov-13 17:42:22

Me to! I'm only 6.4 weeks and was thinking it's just because I'm so tired! I do get cold when I'm tired.

RaRa1988 Sat 23-Nov-13 18:50:50

I'm constantly frozen too - usually wearing three layers plus slipper boots in the house, and I'm usually the one swanning around with next to nowt on when it's snowing hmm. I'm glad of this thread - thought it was just me! Funnily enough, feeling the cold so suddenly and so badly was one of the first things that made me think I might be pg: started about 7dpo and has never gone away (nearly 12weeks now).

Yes to freezing. Was in front of DS 3 and saying that I was thinking about turning the radiator up.

He wandered off and started saying "mum mum" he was pointing to my dressing gown.

Ok just me freezing then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now