Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Moxibustion - has anyone tried it?!

(9 Posts)
Ginestas Tue 19-Nov-13 12:20:25

Just wondering if anyone has tried moxibustion for a breech baby and if so what the outcome was? Am trying to work out if it's worth spending the ££s!

Artesia Tue 19-Nov-13 12:22:57

Had my first session yesterday, and about to try to reach my toes to do it on self today. Will let you know if it works- am 36+6 with a stubbornly transverse baby, so prepared to try pretty much anything!

amberxia Thu 21-Nov-13 09:08:35

Hi,my name is amber,I am come from china. I think properly used the moxibustion for the baby is ok,but,you must take care,because the baby's skin is so tender,if not do it well,maybe will burn the skin. anther problem is you must try to find the right point to moxibustion, diffrent disease with diffrent point.

DIYandEatCake Thu 21-Nov-13 09:28:55

Yep. £40 poorer, tender toes, many hours wasted and a house that stank. But I'm glad I tried it, would always have wondered 'what if?' if not. In the end even an ecv couldn't budge dd. Good luck!

rednellie Thu 21-Nov-13 09:35:11

I didn't do it and my determined breech twins turned at 36weeks all of their own accord. I did do a lot of hanging upside down (with help) and went swimming a lot. Still don't know if any of it helped...

bundaberg Thu 21-Nov-13 09:37:11

my friend did and her baby turned that night!

personally i suspect that it was just coincidence and moxibustion is a load of twaddle. but you never knw...

Ginestas Fri 22-Nov-13 11:11:48

Thanks everyone! DH was of the opinion that it's a load of twaddle, which was why I hadn't actually booked a sesh. As it turns out, today's scan at 36+6 showed that the baby is head down, phew! Good luck artesis and everyone else trying the moxibustion.

rednellie Fri 22-Nov-13 11:54:32

Great news Ginestas! All the best for the next few weeks...

Artesia Fri 22-Nov-13 13:11:34

Great news Ginestas- really pleased for you

Saw my consultant today and the baby has turned too! Not sure if due to the moxibustion or the long Xmas shopping session yesterday, but something has worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now