Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

8+1 creamy light brown discharge......terri fied, advice please?

(75 Posts)
DitsyDonkey Sat 16-Nov-13 13:29:59

So I just went to the toilet and when I wiped I got some creamy light brown discharge.

I'm terrified that I am going to miscarry. I have pcos and have been ttc for two and a half years.

I don't have any pain or cramping. Not many pregnancy symptoms except sore boobs and creamy white discharge up to now!

So sorry to hear this ditsy

stickysausages Fri 22-Nov-13 18:54:47

Oh no sad I'm so sorry.

greentshirt Fri 22-Nov-13 16:06:45

Ditsy started a thread in miscarriage on Tues to say she had miscarried.

stickysausages Fri 22-Nov-13 13:45:03

Any news?

MissMedusa Mon 18-Nov-13 19:28:03

Ditsy it does sound a lot better than it did this morning. At least you can rule out ectopic and blighted ovum. At 6+3, if there's any way you really could be at 6+3, it wouldn't be completely unheard of not to have a heartbeat particularly due to your retroverted uterus. It really all depends on how sure you are of your dates. If you're certain you're around 8 weeks then I'm afraid it probably doesn't look good but if there's any chance you're not that far along, I wouldn't give up hope.

My last miscarriage started somewhat similar though, I had almost 2 weeks of very light, brown sometimes stringy, sometimes snotty spotting before I had a scan done and found that my baby had died at around 7 weeks. It took another week before the bleeding became heavier and the mc happened BUT I think the general rule is brown spotting, at least that which stops after a short time, isn't anything to be worried about.

beata13 Mon 18-Nov-13 18:06:37

Lastnightopened thanks again. The thing is while I was in epu I had my scan done and bcos it was my first scan they could not confirm whether it was mc it not. At that same moment I was passing big amount of blood and very big blood clots. Nobody looked at it-although I'm not sure if they do that, examined. They booked me in for another scan in 2 WEEKS TIME! How was I supposed to sit and wait 2 weeks? Never mind now. The thing is they didn't even took my blood, so how can they help if they don't have enough information about pregnant women body? Whether is missing some hormones, lutine, or anything else. Just hopeless at the time. And very angry for not even checking my blood

tracypenisbeaker Mon 18-Nov-13 17:57:10

as yet, I should say.

tracypenisbeaker Mon 18-Nov-13 17:55:01

sophs37 The OP hasn't actually had a confirmed loss yet.

SoonToBeSix Mon 18-Nov-13 17:50:05

Op you need you bloods taken again exactly 48 hours after your last test if they have doubled there is a very good chance the pregnancy is viable. I would insist on a blood test.

sophs37 Mon 18-Nov-13 17:07:47

hi ive been reading your post.i am so sorry for yr loss.i had exactly the same thing happern to me it started off with brownish discharge then a bit of pink blood went straight to the epu where they scanned me n said it looks like I have lost the baby. They classed it as a missed miscarriagesad it was such a horrible experience n it took me a while to take it all in. if u ever need anyone to talk to then just contact me. but on a bit of a positive note. I fell pregnant a month later n its all going well so u can try again n next time u will get yr georgeous baby. Take care n rest xx

biryani Mon 18-Nov-13 16:54:56

ditsy I bled at about 8 weeks. I didn't even know I was pg. All was fine, but I was terrified. Thinking of you with fingers crossed.

lastnightopenedmyeyes Mon 18-Nov-13 16:16:21

And beata I understand how desperate you feel, be kind to yourself and try again when you're ready x

lastnightopenedmyeyes Mon 18-Nov-13 16:15:31

Beata - I got pregnant 6 weeks after my miscarriage - I'm now almost 31 weeks.

OP it will be a long week. It's agonising - back in March I started bleeding but it took 8 days for it to be clear that it was a mc. Unfortunately nobody would see me, not a midwife, doctor or epu. My midwife said 'the epu will laugh me off the phone if I call them and tell them you're losing a small amount of blood each day'. I was told to just stay at home and wait. No blood tests and no scans. I am still very angry about how I was treated. With a toddler to look after it was just awful not knowing if I was losing my baby or not.

Anyway in my case it ended in miscarriage but I have to say the worst thing was the 8 days of waiting not knowing what was happening. I really do think there's hope for you, and I'm so pleased they are supporting you through it.

Take care and just rest as much as you can.

tracypenisbeaker Mon 18-Nov-13 13:57:09

Ditsy we're here for you if you want to talk it through. thanks If there is a small possibility that your embryo could actually be 6 weeks, well that is something to certainly hold onto. I'm sure there are plenty of MNetters who will tell you that they were scanned too early to see a heartbeat and lost hope at that point, only to go on and have a viable pregnancy. The fact that you're bleeding oldish blood (evident by its brownish colour, as opposed to bright red) still sounds to me like implantation bleeding, so IMO you would have to be still fairly early on in your pregnancy. Of course, you could have a missed MC, however I don't think that the likelihood of this being the case for you is massively higher than anyone else, especially because there are 2 good possible explanations for the doctors being unable to see a heartbeat- it could be too early, or because of your retroverted uterus.

I'm not trying to force you to get your hopes up or anything, its just I managed to convince myself at every turn in my early pregnancy that I was losing it. Almost like it was too good to be true, iyswim? I don't have that much luck in other aspects of my life so I felt like it would just be typical to have my baby cruelly taken away. I think if there is a next time, I will try to chill a bit more as I feel I did myself more harm than good with the constant worrying. Whatever happens is beyond your control, if you'll excuse me for being blunt. You really need to be kind to yourself and surround yourself with a good support system x

ShoeWhore Mon 18-Nov-13 13:54:38

Sorry the scan wasn't more conclusive for you ditsy - I know the waiting is agonising but hang on in there. Got everything crossed for a good scan next week for you.

stickysausages Mon 18-Nov-13 13:54:26

Can they repeat your bloods? They should double every 48 hours in a normal pregnancy. Your progesterone should also have been/be checked

Writerwannabe83 Mon 18-Nov-13 13:53:14

I'm sorry you didn't have more definitive better news Ditsy but not all hope is lost - although you feeling like that is completely understandable. Pregnancy is a mysterious thing and just because yours isn't being 'textbook' that does mean it isn't going to flourish. Please don't give up yet x x

DitsyDonkey Mon 18-Nov-13 13:50:45

It will be a long week. My hcg was 16,000 btw (at least I think that is what she said, there was a lot to take in)

I just feel so hopeless sad

Thank you all again for your support!

lizziekal Mon 18-Nov-13 13:48:31

Oh Ditsy, I'm sorry it wasn't better news. At least there was an explanation as to why they were unable to see anything on the first scan and it means that it's not ectopic. I'll keep everything crossed that somehow things look better next week. xx

stickysausages Mon 18-Nov-13 13:19:56

I don't know what to say hun, your bloods were good & it might be too early still to see a heartbeat. My dates were so strange. You can ovulate later than normal. Hope the next scan comes quickly x

stickysausages Mon 18-Nov-13 13:17:38

beats I'm so sorry for your loss sad

I had two losses before finally having my son, nothing will make you feel better right now... but cake & wine certainly numbed me slightly!

I really do believe that it was meant to be, our last miscarriage was further on & there appeared to be something wrong with the baby, along the neck or spine.. I'm actually thankful the pregnancy ended by itself, as I can't imagine having to perhaps have a termination much later on.

Please believe that nothing you did or didn't do caused this. Sadly it's nature's way. That doesn't make it any less sad or upsetting, but I now believe this.

Look after yourselves, you must nourish yourself & in time the good day's will outnumber the bad thanks

DitsyDonkey Mon 18-Nov-13 13:17:28

Well I'm home....

I have a retroverted uterus which is why the other doctors couldn't see anything. So she could see the sac and the baby in it BUT it is only measuring 6 weeks (by my dates I'm 8+3 and pretty certain, that is dating since lmp).

Also she could not see any heartbeat, she said it was very difficult to see because of the retroverted uterus.

So I have to return in a week for another scan.

It's not looking good though is it?

beata13 Mon 18-Nov-13 12:06:50

Ditsy keep thinking of you, hope is a good news.

beata13 Mon 18-Nov-13 12:04:00

First crossing my fingers for u, Lizzi and Chica thanks for giving me hope.
Do u have any advice on how to deal with mc ? I can't stop crying, can't sleep, and bearly ate anything since Wednesday.

stickysausages Mon 18-Nov-13 11:27:19

Fingers crossed for you, as I said, it took 3 scans to see DS, first scan only showed thickening of the womb, not even a sac...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now