Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC: Posifrickentivity as we await more scans and thread babies!

(1000 Posts)
katatonic Tue 12-Nov-13 22:40:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JanieLovesLuckySocks Tue 03-Dec-13 19:51:10

hey christine did you get speaking to the midwife for some reassurance?

kjh fab news for your friend smile always lovely to hear good baby news, i think even more so when you know they've had a difficult time getting there! boo to back pain sad

emki your gp sounds nice and sympathetic towards your worries. hope you get the reassurance you need

hi ickle welcome!!

hi honey sadly still no baby news from me boohoo. 10 days overdue now...and counting

pentagon so pleased your little one is settling in well, and that dd1 is her best buddy smile that must be a relief!

things with DH aren't much better if I'm honest, but probably not helped by my shitty mood (and stubborness). he has stayed in the spare room but came in the other night and i was playing candy crush on his ipad, turned it off when he came in. he asked was i ok and i said no not really. he didn't know what to say, so he just said..'ok well sure i'll let you get back to your game' and he went back to the spare room. he knows i'm feeling like crap, but doesn't even send a text during the day to see what i'm up to, or ask me when he comes in after work. makes life in this house pretty difficult right now.

but i managed to get my bad tooth sorted this avo...gammy tooth and a temporary filling until the new year. thank goodness for that eh!

has anyone baked anything tasty recently? i might bake a cake or something tomorrow but can't think what to make

JanieLovesLuckySocks Tue 03-Dec-13 19:53:57

oh also...a question to those who have kids already - i'm wearing a pad everyday in case waters go.... if i'm a trickler rather than a gusher...how will i know if my waters have gone? is it more than just a trickle normally and would it saturate a pad?

also for the previously induced ladies...i'm booked in for induction on friday. once i go in is that me until baby comes out or are they likely to send me home once induced, and then do i go back in when things start?

Pixielady83 Tue 03-Dec-13 20:50:54

hey pentagon it sounds like things are going really well, that's fab! so nice you've got a good sleeper smile

janie I didn't wear a pad I don't think, but mine went all of a sudden and there was quite a lot so it was obviously my waters. I think it is difficult to know, one of my friends just thought her bladder control had finally given up on her and didn't say anything about on and off trickling for 4 days which sent her mw into a bit of a panic as apparently they like to induce you maximum of 48hrs after waters start going.

honey sorry to hear you've been sick- hope you start feeling better soon.

Hi janie my waters have only ever broken before labour with one out of my 4 births, and it completely saturated my bed, so i'm guessing you would notice even with a pad ingrin

And i have had 2 inductions, once the pessary has been inserted you are there until you get your babysmile xx

JanieLovesLuckySocks Tue 03-Dec-13 21:12:04

ah thanks girls smile pumpkin, with your inductions, i've heard that it can take anything up to 2 days for baby to arrive (this happened with 2 pals). what do i d with dh? does he just come in when contractions start?! i really didn't expect it to come to induction so never thought to ask the doctor or midwife

Sapphireday Tue 03-Dec-13 21:14:15

Hi everyone, and welcome to Blue and Ickle.

I just wanted to respond to Emki on how I'm feeling. I'm currently 17 weeks and still not relaxing in the slightest. Apart from constant indigestion, I really don't feel pregnant yet. I can't wait to start showing and feel some movement because then it might feel real. Had a midwife appointment today and was gutted that they don't listen for a heartbeat at this stage as it is so unpredictable whether they would hear anything. So I just need to hang in there and wait for the 20 week scan at the end of the month.

So pleased you had another good scan today Nerdy.

Slightly belated congratulations to Garden on the birth of Wolfie. Fab name!

Penguinita Tue 03-Dec-13 21:24:04

Welcome icklemiss, I remember you from the TTC thread too. Many congratulations on your bfp, come in here and obsess to your hearts's content with all of us batshit crazy ladies smile

emki I'm feeling pretty good physically, my nausea has mostly gone and I'm sleeping much better. This also means I don't feel very pregnant at all though apart from the big podgy lard tummy which then makes me stress out. Especially now i have told lots of people, it feels like I've tempted fate. I found my cheap home Doppler machine has been so reassuring, although I'm rationing myself to twice a week though so I don't get any more obsessive. I can totally understand your worries given past history. Do you have your 16 week MW appointment soon to put your mind at rest?

I'm 15 weeks today, according to the websites the baby can start to hear this week. With watching MasterChef four times a week, it probably thinks it's parents are Michel Roux and Greg Wallace fgrin

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 03-Dec-13 21:59:39

Janie don't bother with a pad! If they go slowly you'll be able to deal with it. If they go in a gush, a pad will be pointless! grin You're going to wearing a pad for some time after birth, enjoy the freedom whilst you can! wink
I'm fairly certain that you will have to stay in once induction has started, but if things go quiet, DH may be sent home to get some rest and come back later.

JanieLovesLuckySocks Tue 03-Dec-13 22:12:22

thanks saggy ;) maybe i will free my fanjo tomorrow then!

how's your underboob? did you get sorted with cream?

Emki Tue 03-Dec-13 22:28:36

sapphire and penguin thanks for responding and sorry to hear you too are also stressed .... hummmm home doppler, that's a thought! Yes, I feel like a fraud too - I've told quite a few close friends now and family and each time I say it I think, but am i? And feel like I'm tempting fate! Blimey this is an anxious time! Even though I have no symptoms of MC, haven't been ill ( as i was for 20 wk mc), if I hadn't had the mcs then I'd be totally secure in thinking all is well - but my head is not rational at all!

I two have a big fat tummy (have 1dd and got 1/2 way through another pg - so muscles more relaxed) nausea just about going.. boobs still tender etc.... grrr!! Anyhow - my GP said he will call in the morning to see if he can get me a scan (think they may ban me form EPAU soon). I have my 16 wk mw appt on the 18th Dec ... is that just blood results?

Anyway thank you for sharing and lots of virtual hand holding to you and everyone on the tread smile

Hope you're doing okay janie and saggy hope your underboobs are getting sorted.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 03-Dec-13 22:34:53

Thanks for caring about my crevices guys! grin
Im going to pop to the doctor for a prescription tomorrow.

JanieLovesLuckySocks Tue 03-Dec-13 22:38:13

nice one saggy smile in the mean time you could try nappy rash cream until you get sorted?

i'm off to bed, decided to put the xmas tree up tomorrow for something to do. i never ever do it this early but ho hum it might put me in a good mood fsmile

Penguinita Tue 03-Dec-13 23:00:54

emki at the 16 wk appointment here they listen to the heartbeat and you get to hear it too. Not sure if they do that everywhere.

IBelieveInPink Tue 03-Dec-13 23:14:07

Janie - mine went with a trickle. I could feel it though, feels like discharge but more. If that makes sense. Or period starting. If it doesn't go in a gush, it tends to go more slowly I think. When you move around or bend down etc. a bit more comes out. That's what mine did anyway.

With inductions, we got told if I was on the ward (where you are when pessary gets put in) DH would have to stick to visiting hours. As soon as anything gets going, or when you get put on the drip - which happens in the delivery ward, he is allowed to stay.

HolyMotherOfCheeses Tue 03-Dec-13 23:53:09

Before I forget and start posting willy nilly, this is my Christmas namechange. Its me Saggy wink

JanieLovesLuckySocks Wed 04-Dec-13 01:10:53

Ah thanks pink! Hope I'll be joining the grads soon smile xx

GardenWorm Wed 04-Dec-13 01:54:20

Thanks for the warm wishes everyone!

Congrats on the positive scans, bfp's, and those that are rocketing towards the end of their PG's.

Janie with DD my waters trickled, got up for wee in the night came back to bed and could feel liquid running out, I remember thinking it was strange as it didn't come from my wee hole (!), then it clicked that it was waters! Nothing else came out after that. I'd say go with your instincts. On induction; I went to hospital at about 6pm Friday. I had to wait till midnight for the slow 24hr pessary as I had to go to the delivery ward for them to do it (they check internally to see if there is any option of bursting your waters first). Nothing really happened in those 24hrs but DP was with me apart from a couple of times when I told him to go and get some kip/food. I actually thought he would be needed but he wasn't. 24hrs later they take another look to see if there is any progress. Again where I live it had to be back on delivery as if there is no progress they move onto the next step. Mine was delayed by 8 hrs as there was no room on delivery. There was no real progress (I.e dilation) but midwife was able to burst my waters and god did they go (and keep going!), had she not been able to get to my waters she would have given a faster acting pessary (6hrs as opposed to 24), after 4 hrs I think as the waters didn't massively kick anything off they put me on the hormone drip which ramps everything up and hey presto the contractions get going and baby appears ok there is a bit of ouch

Hope that helps but also hope you get there before induction. DH only really needed to be there once it got to the waters bursting bit. Also once they have started induction you stay in hospital so they can monitor you & baby. Oh and as Shell said my induction birth was actually far better than DD's so don't panic too much if you end up going down that route. Thinking of you xxx

JanieLovesLuckySocks Wed 04-Dec-13 03:16:01

Girls I think it might be starting...mega cramps every 6 minutes shockshockshockshockshockshock

GardenWorm Wed 04-Dec-13 05:01:12

GO GO GO Janie XXXX

JanieLovesLuckySocks Wed 04-Dec-13 05:23:58

Waaaaaaaaa shockshockshockshockshock

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 04-Dec-13 06:20:08

Go janie!!! Thinking of you!! Xxxxx

Ooh exciting times janie woop woopsmile, hopefully a baby today for you xx

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 04-Dec-13 06:22:55

Congrats Garden grin xxx

Welcome new ladies and congrats on the bfps.

I'm 37 weeks now and nowhere near ready to have a baby but have SPD which is making it tough to look after my kids etc. It's only very recently hit me that I'm actually having a baby...... hmm

Hugs to all xxx

Bakingtins Wed 04-Dec-13 07:30:34

Go Janie ! Good luck!

Chocolateteabag Wed 04-Dec-13 07:31:28

Yay Janie - sounds like another thread baby today!!

Hi Blackholes - have you been on the thread before as vv sure we've "talked" - I'm 38+2 and not feeling ready yet either. However feeling vv uncomfortable at the same time. If i do go overdue I'd be a bit stuck as it would mean being induced around the 29/30th.

This thread is not accepting new messages.