Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Just had a scan at 4.5 weeks and they couldn't see anything :(

(31 Posts)
Charotte31 Mon 11-Nov-13 14:37:20

Went to my normal 1st doctor appt this morning, she asked how I was feeling told her iv been having some pain and she sent me upto the EPU. They did a scan and couldn't see anything. I'm gutted! They did say it might be to early but it's still hard to hear that they can't see anything there.
Has anyone else had a scan this early before?

Charotte31 Thu 14-Nov-13 11:58:11

Back for a follow up. Another scan today 5.1 weeks. No heartbeat but I'm told it might still be to early. Hopefully getting another blood test today to see if my hcg levels have gone up. Still can't help but feel sad I didn't see a heartbeat!

lljkk Thu 14-Nov-13 12:17:33

Friend showed me a scan at 4 weeks (she was on Warfarin so they had to know immediately). Her son-to-be was barely an extra-thick line at that point.

Try not to worry, still very early. You worrying won't help anything.

Don't loose hope, I had a scan 5.6 with no heartbeat. Sadly on my 12 week scan the baby had not made it past 8 weeks. But they could clearly measure that it had grown, to 8 weeks so it was alive at the early scan, even though there was no HB iyswim

alicebear Thu 14-Nov-13 14:20:54

I thought that normally a heartbeat is visible sometime between 6-7 wks.

Charotte31 Thu 14-Nov-13 16:50:16

I had a very early scan with my DD cos bleeding and you could see a heartbeat then at 5.4 weeks. Going back on the 25th. Fingers crossed for then!

alicebear Fri 15-Nov-13 10:22:42

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now