Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

39 weeks,.... Join me for final week(s) wait?

(133 Posts)
IBelieveInPink Sat 09-Nov-13 05:20:29

39 weeks today! Yay!
I'm kinda ready now though. Another week (possibly more) seems like such a long time, but baby is showing no signs at all of shifting, so I guess should probably get cosy for (yet another) 2 week wait?! Anyone fancy joining me to pass the time/pass tips on 'encouraging' baby to make a timely appearance?
Or on sleeping..... As you can see I'm not managing that too well either smile

whereareyougoingmylittleone Thu 21-Nov-13 13:43:26

Hi all, Well, all twinges disappeared at 9pm last night. So I'm still with you girls. My toddler is now also ill so not at nursery and is having a right strop whenever I try to do anything for her ( feed, change, entertain, etc.) Ah, the joys eh? I have now resigned myself to being induced December 1st. I haven't really, just hoping my martyr-like insistence a provoke my waters to break later today. grin
Welcome pumpkin and hope your toddler feels better today Bumbolina. Monday, hope your mild aches are now full-fledged labour!

Mondayschild78 Thu 21-Nov-13 15:15:25

Hi where hope you had a nice birthday at least?
Sounds like you are having a similar day to how I was on Tuesday with a poorly toddler.

No sign of anything here yet but I am feeling pretty restless and fed up with everyone and everything today. Do you think that's a sign? grin

Been bouncing on my yoga ball but it only really led to increased back aches and pain but not the good labour kind

Right off to the supermarket, DH says we are definitely having a curry tonight and lots of sex wink

PumpkinPie2013 Thu 21-Nov-13 16:15:51

Sorry the twinges have stopped where hopefully they will start up again soon! and hope all poorly toddlers are better soon!

I've been to mw and head is fully engaged - getting lots of poking pains in cervix and feels like baby is grinding in my pelvis hmm still getting some aches in pelvic area as well - felt it overnight but then settled again

Baby still measuring 90th centile.

Keeping fingers crossed for me and everyone else that these babies make an appearance soon! X

PumpkinPie2013 Fri 22-Nov-13 07:54:49

How are we all today?

I slept slightly better though still got up 50 a few times for a wee angry

Also had some aching in my pelvis and what I think was one period type cramp.

Telling myself these are signs!

Going to try to keep busy today so I don't sit thinking about it smile

Mondayschild78 Fri 22-Nov-13 14:20:38

Hi Pumpkin not much going on here either, now 6 days overdue and all I've had is a bit of pelvic pain and mild period type pain, similar to what you describe ie. more constant pain than contractions.

The hospital I am due to go to is next to a football stadium and there is a home game on tomorrow. We are feeling quite nervous about this! It will be just our luck especially if I take the midwife up on her offer of a sweep tomorrow

2Labradors Fri 22-Nov-13 17:42:43

Hiya can I join officially, am 39 weeks today.

This is my 3rd, both my other 2 were overdue. This time though, I've been having some cramps over the past few days although not really painful or regular. I also had what I think is a show last night, although I've bled on and off during this pregnancy so again I'm not convinced anything is going to happen soon.

My other 2 labours started after I had a sweep (both less than a week overdue) but as they're 10 & 7 the procedures have changed and I can't have a sweep until 41 weeks now, so that's 2 weeks away! If it was my 1st though they would do a sweep at 40 weeks apparently.

Think I might bounce a bit on my ball to see if these crampy feelings vamp up a bit, I'm feeling nervous about labour at the same time though.

whereareyougoingmylittleone Fri 22-Nov-13 17:49:02

Nothing going on here either Pumpkin and Monday. Sigh. Good luck with home game traffic tomorrow Monday... Sounds like a good way to tempt fate though!
I have a mw appointment on Monday to have a 2nd sweep/ arrange induction. Sigh. I know there are lots of induction horror stories but I had a 32 week scan that measured the baby as being quite large ( 98th percentile head too! Eeeek!) so I am sort of keen not to leave it cooking any longer than absolutely necessary. Also getting very very frustrated not being able to do more than walk around the block without horrible pain.
Once again heading into evening really hoping everything suddenly starts but slowly losing hope day by day. I was so excited a few weeks ago! Seems a shame I am just starting to feel numb about the whole thing. How are you all coping?!

whereareyougoingmylittleone Fri 22-Nov-13 17:53:27

Sorry, cross post! Welcome 2Labradors! You sound much further on than me with your show- bet you beat us all.
You have also disproved my previous theory that those with subsequent children have them earlier and earlier. So, based on your experience, if was 10 days over with my first then I am likely to be similar with my second? 5 more days then... Argh!

ushuaia Fri 22-Nov-13 18:15:16

Still no signs here. 40+4 today sad mw attempted a sweep yesterday but said she couldn't 'reach'. Had lots of period-like pain for an hour last night with about 7 contractions which all lasted a minute or so, got my hopes up but then nothing! Have another sweep booked tomorrow but am not holding out much hope! (big sigh).

Mondayschild78 Fri 22-Nov-13 18:31:03

Ha glad I'm not the only one feeling thoroughly grumpy and fed up! where I've been mainly coping by eating far too much crap like crisps and chocolate and running around after my toddler. A good friend came over for a cuppa and that helped break up the day too. Hope you are doing ok?

Been having period type pain again all day which is niggly but I'm not convinced it's going anywhere fast since its been on and off since Monday.

Welcome 2labradors and I agree with where that having your show is a good sign and you probably will end up having yours pretty soon! Also I think that the sweep on offer could be because your next appointment is at 41 weeks not 40 (which is the case for second time mums in my area)? If you book an appointment for 40 weeks then they will probably offer you a sweep at that? I did as I booked the wrong week oops and the midwife did offer.

Mondayschild78 Fri 22-Nov-13 18:32:40

Ushuaia good luck for your sweep tomorrow. I'm having one too as I'm seeing the midwife for a blood pressure check up as well. Maybe there will be babies on the way this time tomorrow!

ushuaia Fri 22-Nov-13 19:29:47

Oh I hope so Monday! It's so frustrating isn't it? Good luck to you too smile

Bumbolina Fri 22-Nov-13 20:07:36

I'm still here fed up waiting patiently.

2Labradors Fri 22-Nov-13 23:15:07

Thanks for the welcome.

where my 1st baby was 5 days overdue, then my 2nd was 6 days over (although only just as he was born just after midnight) so I've been expecting to go to around the same time, but with the cramps & show I thought it was all starting but nothing much else seems to have happened.

monday I asked for an earlier sweep & appointment, and my consultant had actually put 'sweep at 39/40' in my notes, but my midwife said that as this isn't my 1st I can't have one until 41 weeks. It feels ages away. Good luck for your sweep tomorrow.

ushuaia good luck for your sweep tomorrow too

Bumbolina Sat 23-Nov-13 07:18:20

I'm still here but starting to get more and more uncomfortable and feel a bit queasy. I might just need to poo though grin

It'd be good if you came today baby - a weekend birth is very practical!

Mondayschild78 Sat 23-Nov-13 07:33:24

Fingers crossed for some babies today!

Thinking of you all and hoping things start to happen.

PumpkinPie2013 Sat 23-Nov-13 13:56:25

Meh felt really sick again this morning (was actually heaving into the loo but nothing coming up) sorry for TMI blush

Eased off again now - had a few more poking pains in cervix/random aches but nothing much to shout about. Been doing some OU work to keep my mind off things smile

Had 2 messages today with 'any signs?' - oh just go away lol We'll let you know when it happens!

My feet are so swollen as well - keep elevating them and sitting with them in a bowl of cold water (which is what I'm doing now).

Think I may resort to communicating with DH and MN only until it happens!

We need some babies to appear soon don't we?! X

ushuaia Sat 23-Nov-13 14:50:08

Another unsuccessful sweep sad closed up like a clam apparently! Going to have an induction booked for next Saturday - hope it doesn't come to that as it means no low risk birth unit or pool.

How have you got on Monday?
Pumpkin I know what you mean about the messages from people - am sure we will let them know when anything happens! With great pleasure!

Anyway mw has instructed me to have wine and curry tonight so that's abit of excitement. She 's also told me to have sex and walk up the stairs sideways!

PumpkinPie2013 Sat 23-Nov-13 16:10:55

Aww ushuaia sorry your sweep was unsuccessful sad

Indulge in the wine, curry and sex (if you feel like it).

Not tried walking upstairs sideways but might give it a go myself smile

Do you have a ball to bounce on? Might be worth a go if you haven't already. I got an ordinary gym ball in tesco for £5.

Fingers crossed things start before next saturday - still a week so there is time x

Mondayschild78 Sat 23-Nov-13 16:30:36

Hi Ushuia sorry to hear your sweep wasn't fruitful, mine wasn't either and midwife said cervix still very closed and far back and it doesn't look like baby coming anytime soon.

My plan B is actually now a C Section over Induction due to having had a third degree tear with DS. I feel a bit in shock as I really really didn't think it would come to that. DS was born on his due date, my cycle has always been like clockwork and very predictable etc etc. I don't know if the fact my blood pressure is still a bit high is affecting my ability to go into labour. Who knows?! sad

Feeling crappy today as got little sleep, have a cold and just generally feeling fed up about the whole thing.

I hope someone else can come and cheer us up with stories of babies being born soon.

PumpkinPie2013 Sat 23-Nov-13 17:12:00

Sorry to hear that Monday sad

It's worse when you sleep badly as well sad

Mondayschild78 Sat 23-Nov-13 17:28:44

Thanks Pumpkin it was good to have a little rant wink Hope you are feeling better? I know what you mean about the annoying texts too. I had a lot around my due date but they've subsided slightly now, maybe people are too scared to ask lol!

Bumbolina Sun 24-Nov-13 04:03:49

Hi everyone! I had a little baby boy this afternoon at 12.10 after a very speedy 4 hour labour.
We're not having a great first night - toddler has woken up with first cry, little man having slept all afternoon is now telling me he wants milk then slyly falling asleep on me instead.
But to top it all off the angel are monitor is picking up SOMEONE ELSES CHILD and we CAN'T TURN THE BLOODY THING OFF!!!!!!

Mondayschild78 Sun 24-Nov-13 05:29:03

Ahh congratulations Bumbolina that's great news your little one has arrived! smile

I have the same monitor and sometimes have that issue too although it usually rectifies by changing to a different channel.

Hope you all manage to get some rest.

whereareyougoingmylittleone Mon 25-Nov-13 04:01:10

Congrats Bumbolina! That's amazing news- hope the toddler starts blocking out the baby's cries soon so it all becomes a big more peaceful at yours soon. I am wondering how my 19 month old will cope with lots more noise at night soon. Not well I think!
So sorry you are feeling so fed up Ushuaia, Pumpkin and Monday and sweeps aren't working. I was very demoralised after my sweep last Monday ( which was at 40 weeks by the way, so Im not sure if different midwives just have totally different rules?!) Was even more low after false labour on Wednesday and was too depressed to even post at the weekend. Officially 41+1 today but amazingly ( and very suddenly) things seem to have started off now ( read: ouch) but I've been sent home from hospital twice now for not progressing enough to be admitted. Fully remembering the horrible labour pains from last time now. Just hope this one is quick. 4 hours would have been nice but already too late for that! So there is hope, even when it feels like induction is inevitable.
More soon. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now