Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks,.... Join me for final week(s) wait?

(133 Posts)
IBelieveInPink Sat 09-Nov-13 05:20:29

39 weeks today! Yay!
I'm kinda ready now though. Another week (possibly more) seems like such a long time, but baby is showing no signs at all of shifting, so I guess should probably get cosy for (yet another) 2 week wait?! Anyone fancy joining me to pass the time/pass tips on 'encouraging' baby to make a timely appearance?
Or on sleeping..... As you can see I'm not managing that too well either smile

HMT13 Sun 17-Nov-13 11:57:29

Just waiting for a bed and then will be induced. Managed an hours sleep too as didn't have a contraction! Feeling good. Just hope it goes quickly once it's in.
Anyone else starting with anything?

whereareyougoingmylittleone Sun 17-Nov-13 18:23:28

A few twinges again but they have once again faded. Sigh. Maybe it's all in my head. Ushuaia, hope yours is a quiet before the storm! Any progression HMT? Monday, how are you?
Right, I'm off outside to stand under full moon. Does it matter that it is too cloudy to see it??

Mondayschild78 Sun 17-Nov-13 19:43:41

Hi all, feeling a bit grumpy and in limbo today. Have achey hips and back but no labour signs grrrr

where sounds like you are feeling pretty similar! You did make me grin with your comment about standing under the full moon ha ha

hmt hope you are doing ok and everything is progressing well. Looking forward to hearing your news.

whereareyougoingmylittleone Mon 18-Nov-13 06:53:46

hmt any news? Thinking of you and hope all well. xx

HMT13 Mon 18-Nov-13 15:39:34

Yes! Baby boy arrived at 6am, after 52hours in labour. Had to be induced at the end to speed me up due to waters breaking 48 hours before. Pretty horrendous up until being induced. Now just totally in love! Good luck everyone, will keep an eye on you smile

whereareyougoingmylittleone Mon 18-Nov-13 18:56:08

Congrats hmt! That is amazing news- so sorry it took so long though... Hope you have a good recovery and your lovely little boy is allowing you some rest!
Still nothing here- had a sweep this morning but somehow not feeling that it will have any effect. Sigh.
Monday, did the full moon work for you?

Mondayschild78 Mon 18-Nov-13 20:16:13

Aah massive congrats hmt and enjoy your lovely new arrival

Nothing happening here wheres sadly except baby went very quiet today so I went and got monitored. All seems fine so hopefully they are resting and conserving energy as they are thinking about making an appearance.

Good luck to you following your sweep! I have a midwife appointment tomorrow with possible sweep if I want it but I'm not sure if I do really.

Bumbolina Mon 18-Nov-13 21:33:24

Congrats HMT!

Still nothing here...

Mondayschild78 Tue 19-Nov-13 09:49:22

Morning all. Woke up with some very mild period pain at 2am which came and went for an hour and a half. Then nothing since so I'm guessing just braxton hicks?!

DS has a bad cough and cold and wants cuddles and I felt bad taking him to nursery today but also a little relieved in case things actually start to happen.

How is everyone else today?

Mondayschild78 Tue 19-Nov-13 09:50:51

That should read 'period type pain' not actual period pain, now that really would be weird at this point!

whereareyougoingmylittleone Tue 19-Nov-13 09:54:38

Hello all, just checking in. Glad baby showed up on monitor Monday... That must have been scary. Still, they are indeed supposed to go a bit quieter the day before labour? Hope your appointment goes okay today. My sweep was a bit painful but not too bad. Though it was a 'successful' sweep ( meaning mw could actually do it) she said I was only 1.5 cm dilated, which may be the amount I've been dilated since dd1's birth anyway, and baby's head still had a way to go. Like you, I am achy, grumpy and feel in limbo. So want the bang to arrive today!
Good luck to all still waiting and please cheer me up with some birth stories? xx

whereareyougoingmylittleone Tue 19-Nov-13 10:00:41

Cross- post Monday... I am very attentive to every twinge now too but they just lead to nothing it seems. It's a nursery day for dd1 as well and I feel terrible that I was happy to see her go as she has been a nightmare the past few days with multiple tantrums... It's like she knows I have very very little patience. Sigh. Can't imagine she will improve with the arrival of a sibling to steal her parents' attention. Oh dear.

Mondayschild78 Tue 19-Nov-13 10:34:02

Ah where I am going through the same thing with DS. He definitely has some awareness of baby coming and that things are going to change so he's feeling a bit insecure i think. Plus probably his age means he is pushing boundaries more and the fact I'm finding it physically difficult to do as much with him isn't helping. It's hard not to feel guilty and apprehensive about everything.

On a positive note I have a few friends who have had their second DC recently with similar age gaps and things do seem to be settling down a bit for them now after about 6-8 weeks so it won't be forever.

Hope you have a good day ahead. I'm going to do some online Christmas shopping smile

PumpkinPie2013 Tue 19-Nov-13 13:44:30

Congrats hmt and fingers crossed things progress for you monday

Thought I'd pop onto this thread now as 39 weeks today smile

DC1 - been getting odd aches/pains over the last few days plus feeling queazy and lots of poking pains in my cervix but trying to accept I'll go over.

Good luck to all - here's to lots of babies arriving soon xx

Mondayschild78 Tue 19-Nov-13 19:37:51

Hello Pumpkin nice to see you have joined us smile Sounds like you've had more going on than I have so you may well end up being early or on time!

Had Midwife appointment today and found out my blood pressure is slightly high and there was a bit of blood in my urine so she has sent for testing in case I have an infection. Then DS was sick at nursery so I had to go and pick him up early.

It hasn't been a very relaxing day!

Bumbolina Tue 19-Nov-13 23:03:49

Wine and chocolate.. can't hurt right!

Mondayschild78 Wed 20-Nov-13 05:25:28

grin Good plan Bumbolina

How is everyone? No sign of baby here

Bumbolina Wed 20-Nov-13 06:53:23

Gave me nothing but leg cramp grin

Happy due date to meeee today!

How is everyone else getting on?? Any twinges?

whereareyougoingmylittleone Wed 20-Nov-13 08:49:43

Don't want to jinx this, but twinges since 4am... It's my birthday today too so it would be a nice present not to be pregnant anymore. Hope things start moving for everyone today! Will keep you posted! x

Bumbolina Wed 20-Nov-13 09:19:14

Good luck Where! Hope the twinges get stronger, and that eventually you sneeze and the baby appears grin

PumpkinPie2013 Wed 20-Nov-13 09:31:35

Thanks monday smile

Bumbolina sounds tempting - may have to try it!

Where exciting times!! Hope it progresses for you smile

I'm feeling crappy today sad spent the whole night feeling sickly and mild aches. Still feel sick this morning and had quite loose bowels (sorry for TMI). Still feel like I have a mild ache in my lower bump but nothing major.

Stuff I should be doing but really can't be arsed lol grin
so just chilling on the sofa/my birthing ball and pretending the ironing pile no longer exists!!

Seeing mw tomorrow so that will be a trip out.

Hope everyone's ok x

Mondayschild78 Wed 20-Nov-13 10:14:19

Ooh good luck where and Happy Birthday too cake

And happy due date Bumbolina

I've taken DS to playgroup. Thought its a sure fire way to inspire my waters to break grin

Hope everyone else has a good day!

Bumbolina Wed 20-Nov-13 20:40:58

You've all gone quiet! Is everyone off having babies apart from me?!

Mondayschild78 Wed 20-Nov-13 21:24:35

Sadly not! I'm still around with very little going on. A few mild aches but no real signs.

How are you feeling Bumbolina?

Hope you are ok where and baby has made an appearance.

Bumbolina Wed 20-Nov-13 21:47:06

Went for a long walk (shopping) with my Mum today. Have had a few twinges this evening so hoping it has helped the baby drop. My toddler has been an absolute bugger this evening though so any oxytocin would have flown out of my system and replaced with frustration and anger! (She's only just fallen asleep... I'm still sat next to her).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now