Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

39 weeks,.... Join me for final week(s) wait?

(133 Posts)
IBelieveInPink Sat 09-Nov-13 05:20:29

39 weeks today! Yay!
I'm kinda ready now though. Another week (possibly more) seems like such a long time, but baby is showing no signs at all of shifting, so I guess should probably get cosy for (yet another) 2 week wait?! Anyone fancy joining me to pass the time/pass tips on 'encouraging' baby to make a timely appearance?
Or on sleeping..... As you can see I'm not managing that too well either smile

Bumbolina Fri 15-Nov-13 08:42:16

I recommend a bath and wine to all my heavily pregnant friends - it has actually worked for two of them grin Even if it doesn't work - is a brilliant way to spend the days prior to a newborn.

Midwife appointment went ok, baby has turned and is now back to back (ouch). Also, head that was 2/5th engaged is now only 4/5th engaged... but that at least means there is more chance of baby having a swim around and turning round a bit before it starts grin

Mondayschild78 Fri 15-Nov-13 13:12:38

Ooh ouch on the back to back bumbolina Hope baby turns ok! I think there's positions you can sit in to help but not sure what they are, did the midwife say?

It's my due date tomorrow and strangely today I am feeling full of energy and really well!

MIL coming over this aft to entertain DS so I will get a bit of a break too woo hoo.

Hope everyone else is having a baby good day! smile

whereareyougoingmylittleone Fri 15-Nov-13 19:16:57

Hello all... Right, I've had a bath with a half glass of wine, last night I had a curry, been for lots of long walks. Where is this baby? I thought second babies were supposed to be early?!
Bumbolina, my first was back to back- they recommend bouncing on a birthing ball a lot and getting down on hands and knees and scrubbing the floor ( I avoided the cleaning aspect but tried to get down on all fours a bit). I didn't have a birthing ball then though. Hopefully baby will rotate though!
Monday, looks like we may have to wait for the full moon after all or later, eeeek.

jpy1989 Sat 16-Nov-13 13:11:37

Morning ladies not been on for a couple of days....do went for stretch and sweep Thursday morning and was already 3cm!!! Think the long walk to the pub and boincing all afternoon on the ball helped! Had the odd cramp here and there during the day. Then at 1am got woken up contractions every 8mins then they went to every 4 mins just like that! Rung labour ward they said to stay home as it was my first baby it would be hours yet! Gave in at 4am and told them I was on my way even if they just check me out and send me home, got there and to everyone's surprise I was 9cm!!! Baby Harriet Kate arrived at 5.34am!!!!! Just a bit of gas and air and quite a bit of shouting!!! Bloody painful but so worth it! Got to go home at lunchtime the same say aswel!! So ladies first babies can come quick too!! 4 1/2 hours from start to finish the midwives couldn't believe it!!! I'm very lucky it didn't last long!! Xx

HMT13 Sat 16-Nov-13 13:17:05

Oh you're giving me hope jpy! I'm having contractions between 4-6 mins now. Waters went last night.
Going to ring and go in in next few hours I think.
Congratulations smilesmilesmile

whereareyougoingmylittleone Sat 16-Nov-13 15:26:15

Oh huge congrats JPY! That is amazing and well d

whereareyougoingmylittleone Sat 16-Nov-13 15:30:28

Well done on getting to 9cm with just breathing!! So impressive. Hope you are having a lovely family weekend at home.
HMT, please do keep us posted! Sounds like you are almost there! Very good luck, will be thinking of you.
I thought today would be the day as I had some decent contractions last night after my wine and bath, but alas they have stopped completely. I am resigning myself to being overdue again. Feeling quite grumpy. sad

HMT13 Sat 16-Nov-13 17:07:58

Just back from my examination, 3cm so home again until contractions are closer and more painful. Finding it ok so far just uncomfortable. Was secretly hoping to be further along but midwife was quite impressed for a first baby after this long? Unless she was just trying to make me feel better...

jpy1989 Sat 16-Nov-13 17:33:23

Thanks everyone!!! But welldone ladies!! Looks like a lot of us will be having our babies before the weekend is out!! It bloody hurts but I'm already forgetting it!!!!! Just remember your breathing techniques it really helped me through and my midwives and hubby were amazing. Hmt13, 3cm is really good going definitely having a baby soon!!! Keep us updated!!!! And good luck!!!! Still feeling very emotional smile Xxxx

Mondayschild78 Sat 16-Nov-13 19:23:28

Ahh congrats jpy glad to hear your baby has arrived safely.

Good luck hmt it sounds like it won't be long until you meet your baby. Keep us updated.

where you have my support, its my due date today too and no signs whatsoever! DS was born on his due date last time so unless this one is born in the next two hours I'm officially later than last time, which is surprising since everyone tells you they often come earlier second time.

Roll on the full moon I say! wink

HMT13 Sat 16-Nov-13 19:27:38

Aw Mondayschild u never know! Things could get going for you. If you'd have said my waters were going to last night id have said no way.
I hope the next 7 cms don't take as long as the first 3!

ushuaia Sat 16-Nov-13 19:33:22

Do you mind if I join as well? I'm 39+5, due on Monday. Am getting very impatient now, this last week has completely dragged! Will have a sweep on Thursday if no sign but really don't want it to come to that!

Mondayschild78 Sat 16-Nov-13 19:35:55

Thanks hmt you are right of course, it could just start any time! I am doing ok, I guess I cannot help but compare it to last time when I had already had a number of very early signs and then DS born bang on time.

I hope you keep progressing ok and meet baby soon. So exciting! smile

Mondayschild78 Sat 16-Nov-13 19:38:11

Hi ushuaia and welcome! Is it your first baby and do you know if you're having a boy or girl? Any early signs so far?

HMT13 Sat 16-Nov-13 19:59:27

Am I right in thinking this next stage goes quicker than the first 3cm? Or am I just making that up to make myself feel better? The contractions are getting a lot stronger! confused

Mondayschild78 Sat 16-Nov-13 20:18:29

Hi hmt yes I think it definitely goes quicker because you are in established labour. Sounds like it's all going well!

HMT13 Sat 16-Nov-13 21:51:42

I'm ringing in. Got to 4 min contractions but they are getting really strong. Think I need to try this gas and air thing!
Good luck everyone grin

Bumbolina Sun 17-Nov-13 00:19:09

Good luck HMT!!

HMT13 Sun 17-Nov-13 00:53:09

They wouldn't have me til I get to 3 mins contractions unless I'm totally desperate. Everything seems to have stalled. Contractions are about 7 mins now sad looking more like induction tomorrow confused

whereareyougoingmylittleone Sun 17-Nov-13 00:54:46

Oh so sorry HMT- hang in there though, you are so close! 17th is a good day for a birthday! xx

HMT13 Sun 17-Nov-13 01:37:52

Haven't had anything for over 30 mins now. Knew things were going too well. Argh!

Mondayschild78 Sun 17-Nov-13 09:05:58

How's it going hmt hope you are ok?

Still no sign today but finding it physically hard to do much. DH is hopefully taking DS out for a walk so I can have a bit of peace and quiet wink

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

whereareyougoingmylittleone Sun 17-Nov-13 10:32:34

No signs for me today either Monday. Sunday's child rhyme looks so appealing too! ;) DH has also taken DD out ideally so he can receive a panicked phone call that he needs to come home immediately and rush me to hospital so I can finish up the last remaining project I wanted to complete before birth.
HMT, think

whereareyougoingmylittleone Sun 17-Nov-13 10:33:47

HMT, thinking of you!
Anyone else have any signs??

ushuaia Sun 17-Nov-13 11:07:01

Yes it's my first Monday, having a girl. Lots of tightenings and couple of sharp pains but no real signs sad walked around all yesterday arvo and managed to get 8 hrs sleep, the most I've had in about 7 months so lots more energy today! Soooo bored of waiting now! Hope you have a nice chilled day. Good luck HMT!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now