Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks,.... Join me for final week(s) wait?

(133 Posts)
IBelieveInPink Sat 09-Nov-13 05:20:29

39 weeks today! Yay!
I'm kinda ready now though. Another week (possibly more) seems like such a long time, but baby is showing no signs at all of shifting, so I guess should probably get cosy for (yet another) 2 week wait?! Anyone fancy joining me to pass the time/pass tips on 'encouraging' baby to make a timely appearance?
Or on sleeping..... As you can see I'm not managing that too well either smile

Mondayschild78 Tue 12-Nov-13 16:28:30

Hi all good to see a few more on here also waiting, definitely helps to know there's a few of us feeling similarly in limbo!

No signs here but as this is my second I am actually enjoying the two days DS is at nursery and doing things I haven't done in a long time like reading, shopping at a leisurely pace, having time ON MY OWN ha ha grin

Wonder how many of us will have our babies with the full moon.. Could be interesting...

Keep us updated with any early labour signs.

Hotmad Tue 12-Nov-13 16:53:12

I'm

Hotmad Tue 12-Nov-13 16:55:09

I'm 39 weeks now too! I don't know why but I got feeling she won't come out until at least after my due date.... I've got no signs whatsoever and I feel pretty good!! I try and walk daily for at least 30 mins to hour just locally now, that and drinking raspberry leaf tea! Good luck everyone

IBelieveInPink Wed 13-Nov-13 08:10:52

Morning all. Exciting happenings, waters broke yesterday evening. Contractions started through the night, but nothing strong or regular enough yet. Just enough to stop me sleeping! Looks like baby on her way though smile

HMT13 Wed 13-Nov-13 08:13:15

Oooh! Keep us updated (if u can)!
How are u feeling now? Did the waters just come from nowhere? There's hope for the rest of us then smile

IBelieveInPink Wed 13-Nov-13 08:16:13

Yeah literally got up from a nap on the sofa and felt a trickle! Which carried on to a bit more of a trickle. Popped in to hospital to get checked last night, and if these contractions don't turn into something more, will go in tonight to be induced. Eek!

HMT13 Wed 13-Nov-13 08:43:04

I'll be thinking about u today! Good that they are keeping an eye on u. Hope things get moving naturally. So either way you'll have your baby very soon! So exciting smile

Geneticsbunny Wed 13-Nov-13 08:53:33

Ooh exciting pink hope you managed to get some sleep. I assume your OH is flapping around like a mother hen! Mine always feels like a bit of a loose end I think. Don't forget to download one of those contraction apps to help you monitor when they are and how long they last.

whereareyougoingmylittleone Wed 13-Nov-13 08:55:15

Ooh, good luck Pink! Please do keep us updated, will be thinking of you!

whereareyougoingmylittleone Wed 13-Nov-13 08:59:03

Monday, just wanted to add I feel exactly the same way as you the 3 days my toddler is at nursery- cinema yesterday was the first time I'd been in 8 months! Sadly today is not a nursery day, but we're off to the park so hopefully a bit of exercise might spur those contractions on. Fingers crossed for us all.

Mondayschild78 Wed 13-Nov-13 10:48:26

Oooh pink good luck! Very exciting. Stay active to get those contractions coming along nicely.

whereareyou that made me smile. I can just imagine what a treat it was to go to the cinema ha ha. It isn't a nursery day for us today either but we are currently at a playgroup hoping my waters don't break and will go for a walk later in the sunshine I think.

I'm also waiting to hear from my best friend who is having her 12 week scan with her first baby today!

jpy1989 Wed 13-Nov-13 17:01:52

ooo that is so exciting pink fingers crossed it will happen soon!!!!good luck!!!! but im also jealous!!! i want something to start!! seeing the hospital midwife tomorrow for my term plus app i will be 40+4 so we will see what happens.....think i can guess a stretch and sweep is going to be on the agenda but who knows.Been bouncing on my ball all afternoon and getting hubby to take me for a walk this evening just to try and get things moving, the endless phone calls and messages asking if there is any news yet are just starting to get on my nerves a little bit now!!!!

HMT13 Wed 13-Nov-13 22:35:20

Thinking of pink! Hope things are going well. I've just lost my plug so fingers crossed something will happen soon - although I've been reading it doesn't necessarily mean labour is started. Here's hoping so! Anyone lost theirs and started anytime soon afterwards?

whereareyougoingmylittleone Thu 14-Nov-13 03:24:20

HMT- excellent news, things are at least vaguely starting for you! I know sometimes it can take a few days post- 'show' ( I always want to do jazz hands whenever it is referred to that way...) but for me last time I had the baby about 11 hours afterwards (granted I'd been having a lot of contractions first so the plug was one of the later signs of advanced labour).

Pink, any news...?

Monday, hope you are getting a rest today! It's another nursery day for me so I have a day of lounging and reading planned. Bliss. Feel so far removed from my old life of commuting and mad dashes for nursery pickups. I will savour the next 6 months provided this little one is slightly less if a screamer than the first.

HMT13 Thu 14-Nov-13 07:26:25

I had some tightenings til about 11.30 then thought I'd better try and sleep. Woke up with some pains but they eased off and now nothing. Will just have to sit tight!
That's exciting that you had your first 11 hours after. Gives me some hope it could be in the next few days rather than another week.
I assume pink will have had her little girl now! smile

Mondayschild78 Thu 14-Nov-13 08:35:14

HMT Sounds like it won't be long for you as I believe most people do go into labour within a few days of a 'show'. Last time I had the show on the Saturday night, Braxton hicks all of Sunday night then went into proper labour on the Monday morning. Good luck!

whereareyou Woo hoo another nursery day here too. Although we have workmen coming for the day thanks DH and a friend is coming as she wants some help with interview prep so not a very relaxing day! Hope you have a nice chilled day.

Had some very mild period type pains yesterday but just sporadic and not the waves of labour so I guess either BH, back ache or wind blush

Hope you all have a good day. Looks like we will start getting birth announcements soon smile

HMT13 Thu 14-Nov-13 09:33:35

Fingers crossed Mondayschild! Just had some more come away so something's going on. Going to get cleaning up. Just done the oven and also bought a shed load of beef yesterday to make a big stew to freeze. So better get that done so it's not wasted!
Good luck everyone. Hope we hear from pink soon!

IBelieveInPink Thu 14-Nov-13 10:15:41

Hi all. Sorry for the total delay in updating.
My gorgeous baby girl was born this morning by emergency section. All got a little scary, but we are both fine
So, so happy.

whereareyougoingmylittleone Thu 14-Nov-13 10:23:42

Congratulati

whereareyougoingmylittleone Thu 14-Nov-13 10:24:16

Whoops, silly phone! Congratulati

Bumbolina Thu 14-Nov-13 10:24:46

I was 39 weeks yesterday - can I join you all? Have a midwife appointment in about 40 minutes so should be able to find out if I'm engaged at all smile

Dd came at 40+6 - after a hot bath and a glass of wine grin

whereareyougoingmylittleone Thu 14-Nov-13 10:26:35

Right, one more time. Congrats Pink! So pleased for you... So sorry it was a bit of a rough experience though, please do share later if you feel up to it. The main thing is you are all fine and you have your gorgeous little girl! Hope you manage to get some rest and everyone us looking after you after all you've been through. Sending lots of love and congratulations xxx

whereareyougoingmylittleone Thu 14-Nov-13 10:27:58

And welcome Bumbolina! Yes, join the waiting party! Good luck at your appointment! xx

Mondayschild78 Thu 14-Nov-13 10:33:58

Aah big congrats pink and glad to hear you are both doing ok.

HMT it sounds like you might be next!

Welcome Bumbolina - bath and wine sounds good, might try that later ha ha wink

HMT13 Thu 14-Nov-13 11:14:09

Congratulations pink! So glad it all turned out ok. You must be so relieved!
Hi bumbolina, I'm trying your plan later with the bath and wine if nothing else happens!
Scary thinking things could actually start. I've spent all this last week moaning at how fed up I am. When I realise things may actually be getting going I start to panic!!! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now