Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Preggo Brain. What has it caused you to do?

(16 Posts)
itsonlyapapermoon Thu 07-Nov-13 05:36:00

I locked myself out of the house today. Grabbed my bag, my phone, my sunglasses, locked the door and pulled it shut behind me. Realised as soon as the door clicked that I didn't grab my keys. They are right next to the front door ffs!
Luckily my friend had my spare key and came and saved my baconsmile
What stupid things have you done because of preggo brain? Help me feel like less of a cockwomble ��

BookTart Thu 07-Nov-13 07:41:51

This week I drove DH's penis extension lovely car into the gate post very slowly. Today will be spent finding out if I can get it fixed somehow.

I am a total shambles at work now too blush

moobaloo Thu 07-Nov-13 09:21:25

Forgetting things, i.e. "No, there is nothing at all happening on Saturday. Not one thing. It's a surprisingly quiet day actually. Well, I have work... But there's nothing in the evening... Not one thing at all. Oh. Except that thing." (event that starts at 4pm and carries on till midnight which we are helping run) DAMN!

BookTart Thu 07-Nov-13 11:18:44

Yes moo, I did this last Saturday. I totally forgot that I had antenatal class all day and went for a lovely day out. Whoops!

Cariad007 Thu 07-Nov-13 11:23:22

I have to admit I’ve not been affected by this (yet!) and when googling “pregnancy brain” or “baby brain” the first link that comes up is from the Daily Mail!

Happychick35 Thu 07-Nov-13 11:36:03

burnt kicthen pots, a lot of them, dh now cooks and forbid me to go near kitchen... under any circumstances. being 100% sure that I sent reply to a very urgent email only to find it in drafts folder 3 days later. switching on computer and not remembering what was I supposed to do and concentration for more than 5 minutes is mission impossible

Lvcat Thu 07-Nov-13 11:40:27

I just put the washing machine on without putting the clothes in.

HOW????

WhisperMen Thu 07-Nov-13 11:41:10

well this morning I turned 34 weeks pregnant. I also boiled the kettle for tea, picked it up and poured the water all over the kitchen sides and my foot as if I was watering plants. I now have a pretty badly scalded food and a DP that won't stop laughing at me.

prettyinpink90 Thu 07-Nov-13 12:54:40

I keep walking out of the shop without my shopping. Only to realise when I get back to my car and open the boot I have nothing to put in it... doh.

TruJay Thu 07-Nov-13 13:01:42

prettypink I do the opposite, take my shopping and say thank u and bye to the cashier and leave without paying, I've done it loads, it's so embarrassing, feel like a shoplifter!!

qazxc France Thu 07-Nov-13 14:42:44

I think there is a thread on classic about preggo brain making a woman walk out poolside without her bottoms on, cue a horrified DP pointing and mouthing"I can see your minge".

WhisperMen Thu 07-Nov-13 14:47:28

oh god that thread is so funny qaz it's in classics I think. Can't remember what it is called.

qazxc France Thu 07-Nov-13 14:55:50
Littlebean13 Thu 07-Nov-13 15:02:09

Mum rang me and asked if I could take her to work before I went shopping. The second I put the phone down I completely forgot all about my poor DM, drove to town & was happily looking through the rails in New Look when poor DM rang asking where I was. She was very late for work and safe to say very pissed off! This was before Dp & myself had told anyone our news so I couldn't even blame it on baby brain without ruining the surprise!

BlueSkySunnyDay Thu 07-Nov-13 15:04:24

I lost the car in a multi storey car park, I really could not remember what area I had parked it in - I had to search up and down all the rows I had perhaps parked in.

Just as I was getting hysterical, coming to the decision it had been stolen and I was going to have to call DH to pick me up, I found it on the floor above the one where I was sure I had parked.

I kept putting random stuff in the fridge too, if we couldnt find anything it was invariably in there blush

Truffkin Thu 07-Nov-13 15:44:28

I did not have this at all in my first pregnancy and jeez am I paying for it this time. I have forgotten to take in £10 that I owe a girl at work for 2 weeks now,I am sure she thinks I am trying to avoid paying her.

This morning I dressed my son for nursery and could not for the life ofme understand why his dungarees kept falling down and eventually changed him into ordinary trousers. My husband pointed out that instead of looping the straps back on themselves to secure, I was just trying to hook them over the buttons. I have dressed him in these trousers at least 10 times before! I will never again doubt the power of baby brain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now